“Highly recommend! ”

Ranked #25 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
Tampa, Florida
“Highly recommend! ”
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

We have stayed at the Residence Inn near FSU campus many times, but it was booked up on a recent visit so we tried this location - and wish we would have discovered this location years ago! Short commute to campus and many options for dining and shopping nearby.

The rooms are almost identical to those downtown, but this location has full kitchens available - including a full stove. A huge Publix is a few minutes down the street. Breakfast was good, but the weeknight happy hour food was not too great. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Parking was much easier than downtown, and the parking lot connects to Outback, which is convenient to pick up and bring back for a quick meal.

One highlight that this location has and the one downtown does not is a nice indoor pool. A great treat for families, especially on rainy days, cold Tallahassee winters, or any time. Will definitely return!

Stayed April 2014
RIManager96, Manager at Residence Inn Tallahassee North/I-10 Capital Circle, responded to this review, 9 November 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review Residence Inn Tallahassee North! I'm so glad that you finally had the chance to try us, and that you liked it! We are happy to be your new home away from home. Laura Bondurant, Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

This place was phenomenal. Everyone has smiles on their face and are willing to help. Pretty large rooms. Nice outside area with huge fire pit and lounge pieces.. Inside pool.. Nice exterior.. Quiet.. Best Customer service I ever had!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank hm4596sux .
So happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, as we always want to be your hotel of choice when you come to Tallahassee! We hope to see you again soon! Laura Bondurant, Assistant General Manager
Wall, Texas
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We moved from Texas to Florida and did it ourselves. Quite a large endeavor. We made a decision to only stay at the Residence Inns along the way. It was the best decision we could have made. The trip was rough--a slow drive and the stress to be careful on the roads. We made the choice to move our entire house load of belongings on our own. Wow--Big job ! By the time that we could make our stop overs to sleep---we were wonderfully surprised and delighted upon our arrivals to the Residence Inns--each Residence Inn along the road from Tx to Florida--- treated us like family. Seriously. So kind. When they heard we had our huge big truck and were tired-- they actually watched for us (we were arriving late-- after dinner hours) and so they saved some food for our dinner to make sure we could have a hot meal . We are so grateful for their kindness. Each of these hotels were clean and maintained. A little kitchenette is in each room -- should you want to prepare something to eat on your own. We will always remember their kindness and exceptionally wonderful care for us. Our business will always go their way -- we love how they made us feel like family and the rooms carried a little reminder of home.
Sincerely.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
What a big move!! Glad to see that we stood up to our slogan, which is, "It's not a room. It's a Residence". Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We hope to see you again soon! Laura Bondurant, Assistant General Manager
Alexandria, Louisiana
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Residence Inn's are the best! Lots of room. Good breakfast and fun evening meal. Enjoy the two televisions, one in the bedroom and one in the living area. Great hotel staff; making sure you have everything you need.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for the review! We are happy that you enjoy our Suite hotel. Our one bedroom suites have a separate bedroom from the living room area, and there is a tv in each room. In our two bedroom suites, we have 3 tv's, and these rooms are great for our larger families. We look forward to your next visit. Laura Bondurant, Assistant General Manager
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed at this location during spring break. The staff was very friendly, Gwen checked us in and James took good care of us in the breakfast area. The hotel also had an excellent hot tub and pool and a fire pit outside. The hotel is convenient to I-10 and you can get around quickly in town from their location. Ask for the memory foam if you need some extra padding on the bed. The room was comfortable and clean. We'll stay there again.

Stayed March 2014
Thank you for reviewing our property! So glad that you found James and Gwen to be helpful and accomodating! We will see you again, soon! Laura Bondurant, Assistant General Manager
Lake City, Florida
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

First, let say that the hotel staff are great. They are friendly and knowledgable. The issues are that my last two stays have been marred by noise from roadways nearby and people in the parking lot. The hotel is right at an entrance ramp to I-10 (trucks grinding gears getting up to speed) and on the opposite side is a road that you would think would be quiet, but it isn't. Furthermore, it shares a parking lot with an Outback Steakhouse... late night bar and loud drunks.

Now to the room. It looked good, but the bed creaked every time I moved. And no, it is not because I weigh a lot--my weight is 145 lbs on a 6 ft frame. It also sloped into the middle. In other words, the entire bed from top to bottom needs replacing.

Management cannot solve the noise issue, but the bed is correctable and shows deferred maintenance. I personally will not stay here again. There are many other--quieter-- choices in Tallahassee.

Stayed February 2014
RIManager96, General Manager at Residence Inn Tallahassee North/I-10 Capital Circle, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Dear Shacker06,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very sorry that you found the bed to be uncomfortable, I have asked my Maintenance Engineer to look into all the beds, as we want your stay to be as comfortable as possible. If you do come back to Tallahassee, I would like to have the opportunity to find a quieter room for you - you can always ask for me when making your reservation. I am very glad that you found our staff to be knowledgeable and helpful. I love to share these comments with our staff. Thank you for choosing Residence Inn Tallahassee North, and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Laura Bondurant
Assistant General Manager
FL
Reviewed 15 January 2014

A great option if you need a studio type setup with a table and kitchenette. The living room/kitchen area was very nice and updated, as was the bedroom. The bathroom really needs an update and closet doors were difficult to use. Both the bathroom and the room were very clean, however. Old and clean is of course better than new and dirty... but the hotel would have gotten 5 stars from me if the bathroom matched the quality of the rest of the room.
In addition, I had a problem with internet access dropping out and getting docs to print. They resolved the printing issue immediately with a call to a responsive tech center, and the internet issue was fixed the following day. Furnishings were much less worn than comparable TLH suite hotels. As for the noise, I was not facing I10 but could still hear noise - but you have to keep in mind the hotel is right on I10. So you have to expect some expressway noise. I didn't find it bothersome, however, and the hotel is in a very convenient location. There is a stoplight at the street, so it's easy to turn onto very busy Capital Circle heading any direction. I know there were dogs staying there, but never heard any dog noise.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
RIManager96, General Manager at Residence Inn Tallahassee North/I-10 Capital Circle, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Thank you for your feedback, we are always looking for ways to better our property. Marriott has a great new bathroom look in its new renovation package; we look forward to this in 2015. Hope to see you soon!

Christopher Jermaine Flanders – General Manager