“Count on Marriott”

Ranked #24 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
Cape Coral, Florida
“Count on Marriott”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Marriott has not disappointed. The lady that checked us in was awesome. We needed handicap accessible and she was truly welcoming.She made welcome look easy probably because she is the perfect employee for the job.
Rooms were clean and fresh as always, and the front desk was quick to respond with two items that were missing from the room even 9:00 pm.
We travel with a lot of our own food because of health reasons and I need a refrigerater and freezer. Even with a one night stay, I prefer the residence inn because we can prepare our own evening meal and have room to relax and eat and have proper utensils and counter space to prepare a simple fresh healthy meal.

Room Tip: I have never had a bad room.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
RIManager96, Manager at Residence Inn Tallahassee North/I-10 Capital Circle, responded to this review, 13 October 2014
So glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! Residence Inn is a nice alternative for travelers as we have the small kitchen in the room. Don't forget to come a little bit earlier in the day, as we have the complimentary Social from 6 PM to 7:30 Monday through Thursday night! See you again, soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
New York
Reviewed 18 June 2014

While visiting Tallahassee for our son's Basketball camp at FSU we stayed here. We made a excellent choice. When I saw the basketball/tennis court on the property ,I thought we were not going to get any sleep. We did not hear one bounce and I slept very well! I love the kitchen. Instead of eating out I made hamburgers,and a nice salad. Breakfast was good, with choices of hot and cold food. There are many shopping and dining options nearby, and a short trip to the FSU/FAMU campuses The only negative (minor in scope) is the hot tub was out of order at the time of our stay. I recommend this hotel if you are staying in Tallahassee for any reason!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
RIManager96, Manager at Residence Inn Tallahassee North/I-10 Capital Circle, responded to this review, 1 November 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your kind review! We want to be your home away from home! I am sorry to hear that our hot tub was broken during your stay, I am happy to report that it back in working condition. Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to come and see us again!
Laura Bondurant
Assistant General Manager
ri.tlhri.agm@marriott.com
Griswold, Connecticut, USA
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Front desk, pool and room were nice, but the place needs an overhaul. The carpets were dirty in the room and some furniture banged up.....nothing horrible, just well used. It was a great location and well really liked Tallahassee.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
RIManager96, Manager at Residence Inn Tallahassee North/I-10 Capital Circle, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We want your stay to be as comfortable as possible, and we always appreciate your feedback. I am glad that to see that you enjoyed our pool and our Front Desk staff. Typically Marriott requires a renovation every 6-7 years, and we are looking forward to renovating in the future. I have asked my Chief Engineer to pay close attention to the carpets to ensure that we are at the level you expect from a Residence Inn.

Kind regards,
Laura Bondurant
Assistant General Manager
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

We have stayed at the Residence Inn near FSU campus many times, but it was booked up on a recent visit so we tried this location - and wish we would have discovered this location years ago! Short commute to campus and many options for dining and shopping nearby.

The rooms are almost identical to those downtown, but this location has full kitchens available - including a full stove. A huge Publix is a few minutes down the street. Breakfast was good, but the weeknight happy hour food was not too great. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Parking was much easier than downtown, and the parking lot connects to Outback, which is convenient to pick up and bring back for a quick meal.

One highlight that this location has and the one downtown does not is a nice indoor pool. A great treat for families, especially on rainy days, cold Tallahassee winters, or any time. Will definitely return!

Stayed April 2014
RIManager96, Manager at Residence Inn Tallahassee North/I-10 Capital Circle, responded to this review, 9 November 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review Residence Inn Tallahassee North! I'm so glad that you finally had the chance to try us, and that you liked it! We are happy to be your new home away from home. Laura Bondurant, Assistant General Manager
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

This place was phenomenal. Everyone has smiles on their face and are willing to help. Pretty large rooms. Nice outside area with huge fire pit and lounge pieces.. Inside pool.. Nice exterior.. Quiet.. Best Customer service I ever had!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank hm4596sux .
So happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, as we always want to be your hotel of choice when you come to Tallahassee! We hope to see you again soon! Laura Bondurant, Assistant General Manager
Wall, Texas
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We moved from Texas to Florida and did it ourselves. Quite a large endeavor. We made a decision to only stay at the Residence Inns along the way. It was the best decision we could have made. The trip was rough--a slow drive and the stress to be careful on the roads. We made the choice to move our entire house load of belongings on our own. Wow--Big job ! By the time that we could make our stop overs to sleep---we were wonderfully surprised and delighted upon our arrivals to the Residence Inns--each Residence Inn along the road from Tx to Florida--- treated us like family. Seriously. So kind. When they heard we had our huge big truck and were tired-- they actually watched for us (we were arriving late-- after dinner hours) and so they saved some food for our dinner to make sure we could have a hot meal . We are so grateful for their kindness. Each of these hotels were clean and maintained. A little kitchenette is in each room -- should you want to prepare something to eat on your own. We will always remember their kindness and exceptionally wonderful care for us. Our business will always go their way -- we love how they made us feel like family and the rooms carried a little reminder of home.
Sincerely.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
What a big move!! Glad to see that we stood up to our slogan, which is, "It's not a room. It's a Residence". Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We hope to see you again soon! Laura Bondurant, Assistant General Manager
Alexandria, Louisiana
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Residence Inn's are the best! Lots of room. Good breakfast and fun evening meal. Enjoy the two televisions, one in the bedroom and one in the living area. Great hotel staff; making sure you have everything you need.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for the review! We are happy that you enjoy our Suite hotel. Our one bedroom suites have a separate bedroom from the living room area, and there is a tv in each room. In our two bedroom suites, we have 3 tv's, and these rooms are great for our larger families. We look forward to your next visit. Laura Bondurant, Assistant General Manager