“Great stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
pacific northwest
“Great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

My husband and I had a great stay here. Super clean rooms, nice lobby, friendly front desk and housekeeping. Bed's really comfortable and internet was quick and reliable.It's very convenient to shopping, sightseeing and a lot of restaurants. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
QIASFL808, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites-Capital District, responded to this review, 4 January 2014
Dear Eliza,

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. It is refreshing to know that our staff's continuous and tireless efforts is working to ensure that our guest leave satisfied. Thanks again and looking forward to be your host, next time you are in our city.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Daytona Beach
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

Priceline bamboozled us, making it sound like we were getting a really nice room. This place is old, smells musty and like dogs, old looking walls, ceiling, and paint. The check in took forever, one clerk with a computer barely working, and a big line forming behind me. The room we were given had old food in the refrigerator from someone else, as well as 2 drawers full of someone else's jeans, t-shirts, and underwear. We got moved to another room which smelled just as bad and was just as dreary and old feeling. The hot water took 7 minutes of running the water to get hot. The flusher on the toilet has to be held a long time to flush. The remodeling does not hide that this is a mediocre room. The beds are ok. Just couldn't get past the musty old smell. Also, the vent cover on the bathroom wall was hanging off, and a strong smell of marijuana was wafting into our bathroom from the room next door. I will stay at a new hotel next time. Thanks Priceline, for nothing, and for misleading people that this is a more luxurious place than it really is.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Rainbow0502
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments and had we known of your concerns while at the hotel, we would have gladly fix them for you. I apologize for your inconvenience and have taken notes to thoroughly inspect each room prior to new guest's occupancy to alleviate similar situation form arising again in future. For a period of past 3 weeks, we were in between Executive Housekeeper and I see your point that we may have made a mistake. Again, please accept my sincere apology. Please call me at 850-877-4437 to make things right for you.

-Rick Bhula, GM
Miami Beach, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

My husband and I normally stay at Hampton Hotels, however the advertising for the "Manager's special" is what led us to check into Quality Inn. We checked in late around midnight, and the young lady who was working had boxes and trash in her hand as she was on her way out to the dumpster, which was disturbing enough because it was late, and they didnt have any securitiy. She was very nice and attentive and very detailed about the amenities of the hotel. What we found odd was the same young lady was delivering bills under all the doors when my husband got up to go outside and smoke. We was up very early being that we only stopped for a nap, and we noticed how old and desperate the hotel was in need of remodeling. What upset us the most was we were at the desk ringing a bell and to our surprise the same young lady working the desk was preparing breakfast as well. In the middle of her giving us direction the phone rung, and she asked to be excused while she pulled a cordless phone from her apron. I couldn't believe the manager was so cheap that this poor young lady was wearing about 4 different hats, and she kept a beautiful smile on her face. I probably won't stay there again. Lack of employees!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sharon j
Dear Guest,

Current and recent past economic conditions have forced lot of businesses closed their doors OR it has forced existing hotels to be creative in order to survive and keep your room rates low. It is very common and routine for Night Auditor to take on additional tasks as there is little or no activity at front desk during the night time. Does that make all hotel managers and owners cheap? Are we overworking our staff? I disagree. Your concerns and my answers could have been better understood by you if a personal interaction had taken place with me. I am sorry that you will not be staying with us in future but at least I wanted to provide an explanation why all hotels, including ours, do the things they do. If you still have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at 850-877-4437.

-Rick Bhula, GM
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

I stayed at the Quality Inn in Tallahassee on Apalachee Parkway, and this place needs to be renovated. The place had a bad odor on the whole 2nd fl where my family and I stayed. The room had mold and mildew, and bugs coming out of the wall outlet. The breakfast food seemed to be leftovers, and they do not have any meat. No one is ever at the Front Desk, and my daughter was ate up by bed bugs sometime during the night. I will never stay at that low end hotel again.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Shelia B
Dear Sheila,

I am sorry to learn that you left our hotel disappointed. It is not our goal whatsoever and that's why I leave my business card with my cell number on it so that our guests can reach me 24/7 to resolve any issues. Did you bring up your concerns while you were at our hotel? If you did and my staff failed to take good care of you and your family, then I would like to hear more about it. We have done more then $700,000 worth of renovation in past 4 years which included guest room furniture, fixture and equipment, guest room bathrooms and common areas. Our breakfast is better then most mid-priced hotels and provide scrambled eggs, potatoes, biscuit and gravy with meat, grits, hot waffles, bagels and pastries, fruit, cereals, juices and various breads. Please call me at 850-877-4437 so that I may address your concerns further. Thank you.

-Rick Bhula
Idaho Falls, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

Had to stay on 11/27/13 due to deluge. Had not intended to stay in Tallahassee to begin with, but rainstorm impeded progress. Called for last minute reservation after consulting this website. We were not disappointed. Room was clean and quiet. Left early the next day, so did not spend much time in motel or surrounds. Would stay again.

Room Tip: No trucks running in parking lot when we were there, but it could be a problem.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Ronald,

Thank you for your comments and we would love to accommodate you again in near future. Wishing you best of year 2014 and beyond.
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

My daughter and I visited for one night in Oct while checking out FSU. Nice place. Easy to find, about 15 minutes to FSU, drive takes you through downtown, which was very interesting to us, as we had never been to Tallahassee before.

Room was perfect size for two people, with king size bed.We had handicapped room, so it had a huge shower. I think you were allowed to work out across tne street at the YMCA for free, which was a nice perk, although we didn't have time to do this.

Everything clean, reasonable price. Breakfast good, I like the do it yourself waffles. The hot food was Southern style, I think, grits and biscuits and gravy, which are not my taste, but many others appeared to be enjoying them. so I think they were probably good.

I would definitely return.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Beth,

Hi & thank you for your comments. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and would love to be your host next time you are in the area.
Deltona, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

As a FSU season ticket holder, our family spends quite a few fall weekends in Tallahassee. Since there were no available rooms at our hotels of choice...Best Western Plus or Comfort Suites, we decided to give this Quality Inn a try...even though we had a horrible experience at another Quality Inn on the other side of town last season. After looking at our reserved "regular" room, I went to see if there might be a "suite" that was available. Fortunately, the desk clerk (Katie) was more than willing to make sure our stay was a good one. She personally showed me another room just a few doors down from our original room. This suite was much larger and certainly an upgrade from the regular room. This made our stay much more pleasant than it would have been. Thank you Katie!

I appreciate the fact the this Quality Inn had dehumidifiers in every room. I will never go back to the Quality Inn we stayed at last year (located on Monroe Ave) in part because the bed we were sleeping on felt wet/sticky during the night since the air conditioner did not take enough humidity out of the room's air....very tough to get a good sleep under those conditions.

The location of this hotel is minutes away from the Governor's Square Mall, Target and numerous eating establishments. Even though our room was located just off of one of the main thoroughfares in town, it was very quiet...outside noise was not an issue.

The food was a typical hotel breakfast, although I was surprised that there was no sausage and/or bacon of any kind offered with the scrambled and fried potatoes.

Even though I prefer staying at the Comfort Suites just down the street, i would have no problem staying in a suite at this hotel for future FSU games when rooms at Comfort Suites are unavailable.

Room Tip: Suites are much nicer than regular rooms...well worth the upgrade.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family