“Transition of residences”

Quality Inn & Suites-Capital District
Ranked #23 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Stayed here on our way to our northern home, My wife has had a stroke and we require a room with a roll in shower. Many hotels do not have this type of room but this one did. Despite specifically requesting this room, we were initially assigned a room with a tub, much to my wife's consternation. It was quickly corrected, thankfully. On the plus side, the furnishings were very nice including a large tv. We also appreciated the comfort height stool. The location was good and the internet in the business center worked great. On the needs improvement side, wi fi in the room was spotty and unreliable. The stool seat was loose and a problem for my wife. I asked if they had a screw driver at the desk but was told none were available. I would suggest equipping the front desk with a few hand tools for minor issues like we had. A few more electrical outlets would have been nice as would a microwave; Overall though, a pleasant place to spend the night and we would consider staying here again

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jack L
QIASFL808, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites-Capital District, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Hi Jack,
Thank you for posting a review. I have understood everything you wrote and we will make necessary changes immediately by investigating matters and improve upon it. I have taken your suggestion of having a small toolkit at Front Desk and it is there now to handle any last minute maintenance concerns. Looking forward to serve you again soon !!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I have stayed at the Quality Inn in Tallahassee a couple of times and never had a problem. Very clean, comfortable and a great staff. The G.M. Rick and his staff always go out of their way to help you with whatever you need. The place is very professional and I recommend it highly. Was there a couple of weeks ago and will be visiting soon again. Thank you for your great service.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
QIASFL808, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites-Capital District, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Guest,
I am thrilled to learn that you enjoyed our hotel and services. We will continue to provide excellent experiences to you and other guests for years to come.

Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

I recently used the Quality Inn's meeting room for a Seminar. Our experience was phenomenal. The staff is very friendly & professional. The room was perfectly set up for what we needed. I highly recommend this facility for ANY traveler. I will use them again in the future.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
QIASFL808, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites-Capital District, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Hi,

Thank you for utilizing our hotel for your meeting needs. We strive to ensure that apart from guest rooms, our meeting room guests are taken care of in a similar manner and I am glad that we were able to exceed your expectations. Please call us again, if we can be of any help. Again, thanks !!

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Unfortunately, the Legislative Session was happening while we were in Tallahassee, and we could not stay at our regular hotel. The front desk girls were great. The room was clean, and the AC worked very well. Bed was comfortable. Had two chairs and table. TV could have been larger screen, but it worked. Ice was located on 2nd floor! And since the elevator was very slow, my husband took the stairs which were on the outside. When he tried to get back in,our key card did not open the outside doors. When we parked in the back, we could not get in. We had to walk to the front to get in. We did report this to the front desk. The breakfast was minimal. It seems that 9:30 is a little too early to conclude breakfast. I realize that you have to keep cost in perspective, but I have stayed at other hotel chains for a cheaper price and a better breakfast, by better, I mean more meat variety. It was an ok stay. No real problems.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I do agree with you that we had some issues with outdoor locks but it is fixed now. I apologize for this inconvenience and about quality of Breakfast. We are just following Quality Inn Brand Standards and since breakfast experience is such a personal preference, it is difficult to incorporate variety of different items as a full service restaurant do to satisfy each individual guest. We do have sausages and sausage gravy as a meat selection in our hot buffet. Again, thank you and hope to serve you again..

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Close to the mall, restaurants and attractions. Rooms were clean and everything was in working order. Staff was attentive to our needs and made us feel welcomed. Breakfast had hot eggs,waffles, and sausages. Not a new hotel, but very adequate for a good nights stay with breakfast.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your comments and we appreciate you having stayed with us. Looking forward to serve you soon !!

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Comfortable room, delicious breakfast, pleasant staff and a reasonable price make this a great value.. Good location for access to the many sites to see in "Tally". Also many good restaurants on Apalachee Pkwy within a short distance of the Quality Inn.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
QIASFL808, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites-Capital District, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your compliments. I will share your comments with my staff for their job well done in making sure that each guest leaves our hotel just as ecstatic as you were. Thank you and looking forward to serve you again in near future.

-Rick Bhula
GM

Reviewed 2 February 2014

I recently stayed the weekend in this hotel for a dog show that I attended. The hotel was clean, the room was big & clean, and the staff (Jessy & Karmie) were AWESOME!! The two ladies called to order pizza for me (for my dogs) while I was unloading & situating my dogs in the room. They were very friendly & professional. I could not have asked for better staff to deal with after driving 7 hours with 4 dogs by myself. If you have an opportunity to meet these ladies, please make sure you do it. The only bad experience I had was the bed in room 111 as it tilts down at the head of the bed when you lay down. So your head is down and your feet were up higher. I had to sleep across the bed at the foot of the bed in order to not feel like I was going to slide off under the bed!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
QIASFL808, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites-Capital District, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you for your kind words regarding our Staff. I will share your comments with both of them and encourage other members to follow the lead. We are in hospitality business and it is our goal that everyone leaves our hotel completely satisfied.

We have a routine maintenance program in place but I am not sure how we would've miss the tilting of the bed in your room. I will immediately have our Maintenance Engineer look into it and fix it. Again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to serve you again soon !!

-Rick Bhula