La Quinta Inn Tallahassee North
US$125
US$162
US$230
US$201
Quality Inn & Suites-Capital District(Tallahassee)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$111
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
US$67
All reviewsbeds were comfortablebagelsone night stayeasy accesswould stay here againfree breakfastinterstate
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 March 2014

This was a nice location - very friendly staff, clean rooms and comfortable beds. Breakfast could have been monitored a little better to make sure that there was food out. Would stay here again if in the area

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I have stayed here several times.
The hotel is built into a hill and has several buildings. Room entrance is on the outside - some you can park right in front of - and some have a bit of a walk. I always ask for a room close to parking since I have dogs and lots of stuff to load and unload.

On Friday I got a great room, newer carpet. The mirrors and bathrooms are old. But in ok shape. Then I checked out - but told them to keep my free night for Sat night active as I would decide later that day if I was coming back. Much to my suprise when I returned Sat night - no room. They had cancelled my reservation, thought I had told them to keep it. I was told I had to go use my cell phone to call the 1-800 number to get my free night back. A few min later I returned with the free night booked. I asked if I could get a room with a fridge, especially after the problems with the reservation. I was told none were available - even though the 1-800 number showed some available. That I thought was poor customer service.

Room 448 is not in good shape. The hairdryer was not working. The tub plumbing was loose and when I took a shower a pounding noise began. Which also happened when the room above me took a shower. The front desk said the parking was close, but it was not. It was interior on a small courtyard. And to top it off - right where they sent the smokers. There was a bench and ashtray right outside my door. So people would hang out there. This is un nerving for a woman who travels alone. I'm glad I have large black dogs. Also some cats live in the courtyard - so beware when walking your dogs in and out.

The woman on duty Sun AM was Very nice and helpful. There were no cups in any of the rooms (they were waiting for an order to come in) So I had to get early coffee in the breakfast area. She offered to get me a bagel since she had not set out the breakfast items yet. That is good customer service!

So overall I do keep going back. Carpets, beds, sheets are in good shape. Some bathrooms better than others. I wish they would provide more rooms with refrigerators.

Room Tip: Some rooms face the pool. Some rooms face a small courtyard. Some rooms face the parking spaces. Some rooms you can park directly in front of your door. Others are far away due to the hill and landscaping. Room 448 is not in good shape. The hairdryer was not working. The tub plumbing was loose and when I took a shower a pounding noise began. Which also happened when the room above me took a shower. The front desk said the parking was close, but it was not. It was interior on a small courtyard. And to top it off - right where they sent the smokers. There was a bench and ashtray right outside my door. So people would hang out there. This is un nerving for a woman who travels alone. Also some cats live in the courtyard - so beware when walking your dogs in and out.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I have stayed at this Laquinta four times over the last year. I had generally been satisfied with the experience with comfortable beds and good flat screen TVs common at LaQuinta.

My last stay in March of 2014 raised some concerns for me. The property was not as clean as my previous visits. Most concerning was the very slow "high speed" wireless internet. My speedtest.net was only .10 Mbps. When I called the front desk, they stated they were aware of the problem, were working on it and would likely have it fixed in about 10 minutes. It was not fixed during my stay and I had to use up most of my own monthly cell data usage to get some necessary work done.

The motel was busy. The breakfast room is too small for the number of motel rooms. Breakfast was in crowded conditions with difficulty getting food and finding a place to eat. The orange juice was empty. No waffle iron was available.

Next time I go through Tallahassee I will probably check out a different motel. It only takes one disappointment to change a customer's assessment. I just wanted to let TripAdvisor readers know my sense of the decline in quality of this motel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank BillTulsa_OK
Reviewed 8 March 2014

average La Quinta inn but room too close to the highway, can hear the trucks changing gears as they have to climb the hill . get a room as far away from the highway (1-10) as possible. Average La Quinta room. The property is scattered over the side of a hill, some rooms are a long walk from the lobby and breakfast area. Would not recommend this property to people with handicaps as very few rooms have parking directly in front of the room.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo