“Ho-Tel”

La Quinta Inn Tallahassee North
Ranked #41 of 54 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Note a nice place to sleep. Very cheap towels, dirty shower, hookers in the parking lot. This LaQuinta does not live up to the normal reputation for the Corp. name. It is in a good location for Tallahassee business but the two Restaurants surrounding it have closed and are empty buildings now. There has not been a Capital Investment to upgrade this property in at least 10 years, the parking lot is terrible too.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Had a very good time with family planned on seeing. The hotel was fairly close to our family that we wanted to visit. LaQuinta's management & support staff were all helpful & pleasant. We'd go back again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2014

You have to really want to stay at LaQuinta to get to this one. Although it's located just off exit 199 on I-10 it can be difficult to wind your way around the closed restaurant next door and find the lobby. The LaQuinta chain has the broadest spectrum of properties in the motel business; however, they generally have two things going for them---location and being pet friendly. Although this is definitely not one of their premier establishments, we have stayed here twice because of the location. The rooms are clean and decent, the breakfast is good, and the staff is friendly and helpful.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2014

The staff was very nice and the room accomodations looked nice. However, there was a terrible odor in the room and we were unable to sleep much due to excessive noise. There does not appear to be sound proofing in the walls at all. Breakfast was cereal and fruit.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2014

This was a nice location - very friendly staff, clean rooms and comfortable beds. Breakfast could have been monitored a little better to make sure that there was food out. Would stay here again if in the area

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I have stayed here several times.
The hotel is built into a hill and has several buildings. Room entrance is on the outside - some you can park right in front of - and some have a bit of a walk. I always ask for a room close to parking since I have dogs and lots of stuff to load and unload.

On Friday I got a great room, newer carpet. The mirrors and bathrooms are old. But in ok shape. Then I checked out - but told them to keep my free night for Sat night active as I would decide later that day if I was coming back. Much to my suprise when I returned Sat night - no room. They had cancelled my reservation, thought I had told them to keep it. I was told I had to go use my cell phone to call the 1-800 number to get my free night back. A few min later I returned with the free night booked. I asked if I could get a room with a fridge, especially after the problems with the reservation. I was told none were available - even though the 1-800 number showed some available. That I thought was poor customer service.

Room 448 is not in good shape. The hairdryer was not working. The tub plumbing was loose and when I took a shower a pounding noise began. Which also happened when the room above me took a shower. The front desk said the parking was close, but it was not. It was interior on a small courtyard. And to top it off - right where they sent the smokers. There was a bench and ashtray right outside my door. So people would hang out there. This is un nerving for a woman who travels alone. I'm glad I have large black dogs. Also some cats live in the courtyard - so beware when walking your dogs in and out.

The woman on duty Sun AM was Very nice and helpful. There were no cups in any of the rooms (they were waiting for an order to come in) So I had to get early coffee in the breakfast area. She offered to get me a bagel since she had not set out the breakfast items yet. That is good customer service!

So overall I do keep going back. Carpets, beds, sheets are in good shape. Some bathrooms better than others. I wish they would provide more rooms with refrigerators.

Room Tip: Some rooms face the pool. Some rooms face a small courtyard. Some rooms face the parking spaces...