“Not a good deal!”

Wyndham Garden Tallahassee Capitol
Ranked #42 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed 5 September 2012 via mobile

I arrived on a Friday afternoon after a long flight ready to get my marriage certificate with my fiance and to meet with the preacher since I am getting married. I thought this place would be nice since holiday inn seemed to be well respected and a good value. Little did I know I was wrong. I was given a room fairly quickly, which was good. When I got to the room it turned bad. First, the phone did not work and never worked the whole time I was there. Second, the bathtub had water in it I guess from the cleaning staff being careless. Third, the toilet had a dark ring in it, which "lighted up" after I asked them to clean it. Fourth, the bathroom ceiling had black mold. Fifth, the bed sheets had a foul smell that gave me a headache. I did not know about the black mold or foul smelling sheets until the next day. They moved me within an hour to a cleaner room. However, the tv worked only when it wanted to. If you like to live your life full of unexpected surprises by all means stay here. Otherwise, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank WorldTvlr
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Tallahassee Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2012

Dear WorldTvlr,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Tallahassee, FL.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 2 September 2012

Well I was worried about this place to start with but the front desk staff was very nice and helpful so I thought maybe I dodged a bullet. No such luck, the room itself looked ok but the bathroom was beyond dirty. Hair in the bathtub around the sink and worst of all on the toilet. There was also a used strand of dental floss in the sink. This place is gross. Do not even think about staying here.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Cujonole
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Tallahassee Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2012

Dear Cujonole,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our front desk staff.

However, We’re sorry you received poor service from our housekeeping which was unacceptable. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 23 August 2012

Place needs lots of attention. Towels were very old, thin, rough and grey. Room did not get cleaned nor did our towels get replinished. Front desk was nonresponsive. No wake up call, no towels when requested. Some very strange squishy stuff under shower floor. Beds were hard sheets are so thin you can see through them. Parking is a nightmare! Loud and lots of traffic in parking lot til after 2AM. Applebee's BAR and grill next to the front desk. Really surprised how they can hang on to Holiday Inn name???

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
HICapitolCenter, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Garden Tallahassee Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2012

Dear Ms Hill,

Thank you for staying with us, we appreciate your business. I am very sorry your experience was less than perfect. We take great pride in our staff, services and hotel. I have reviewed your experience with the team to ensure we learn from our mistakes. Our linen and bed package is very specific per Holiday Inn requirements and is fairly new. Applebee's can and often does get very busy, especially on event weekends, however there should never be loud noises in the parking lot late at night. I do hope your experience with us will not influence your decision to stay at other Holiday Inns during your travels and that you enjoyed the rest of your time in Tallahassee.

Reviewed 14 August 2012

Booked a room in this hotel through Priceline for a great price. Was there briefly for a one night stay, nothing overly impressive or extremely bad to say about the hotel itself. We received a basic room with two comfortable beds that was relatively clean. Hotel is a little old and could use some sprucing up but for the value it is just fine. The best thing about this hotel is the staff. I needed to check in about 30 minutes before standard check-in and was graciously accommodated by the woman at the front desk. This hotel has a pretty decent breakfast that is included in your rate and the staff who maintain the breakfast room were also extremely friendly and helpful. Overall this a great value in Tallahassee and the staff is top notch.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank gjohns45
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Staff was great, but hotel def needs some serious updating and renovation. Walls were dirty in room and carpet all over the hotel and room needs to be replaced. Won't be staying there again until it is renovated. On positive note the Applebees connected next door was convenient and service was great.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
HICapitolCenter, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Tallahassee Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2012

Thank you for choosing our hotel during your Tallahassee visit. We sincerely apologize for the state in which you found our hotel and your room. We would like to assure you that we are indeed in the process of renovating our property. Changes have been made throughout the building including a very recent replacement of the carpeting throughout. Our housekeepers are also working diligently to attend to the scuffed walls. We would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for bringing these issues to our attention. We hope that you will give us an opportunity in the future to make your next stay a more pleasant one.

Reviewed 28 June 2012

Stayed here for one night with three young boys on our way to Cocoa Beach. The room was fine, I think it is the standard Holiday Inn set up. The hotel staff was really nice. The pool needs some attention as we swam for about an hour and the leaves and bugs in the pool were pretty annoying. There is an Applebee's attached to the hotel, which has decent american cuisine.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank mjgatto
HICapitolCenter, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Tallahassee Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2012

Thanks for choosing our hotel during your trip through Tallahassee and we really appreciate you taking the time to review our property! We do apologize for the condition in which you found the pool and thank you for bringing it to our attention. We do try maintain our pool regularly but can, at times, find it challenging to do so given the various ups and downs of summer weather. It is, however, always great to hear from our guests and we appreciate the positive comments! We hope you'll come back for another swim next time you visit Tallahassee!

Reviewed 24 June 2012

I came to Tallahassee with my family for our eldest daughters orientation and move in at FSU. I brought my two younger boys along for the trip and stayed at the Holiday Inn apalachee. We chose this hotel because of the larger pool, but unfortunetly the rain kept us inside all weekend. The rooms were just okay nothing special, but the staff service was right on point. Best part about this hotel was the location.. mall and movies right across the street! We will be back.

Room Tip: Club members get free upgrades
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Amber C

Dear Emily,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Tallahassee. We thank you for your positive review and look forward to having you stay with us in the future.