“Electrical,plumbing,overbooked.....”

Wyndham Garden Tallahassee Capitol
Ranked #43 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed 18 March 2013

I can't write a review for this hotel because we never actually made it to stay here. As a business traveler and a platinum priority member, holiday inns are usually a good bet. After booking a room here, I received a call from a staff member stating they had elecrical problems with some rooms and they found me a room at a close by hotel a quality inn... I called priority club after receiving the strange call and they informed me they actually overbooked the hotel, and would pay for the room at quality inn. After checking in at quality and being told it would not be paid for, we went to our room and opened up an email from holiday inn tallahassee that stated they had a cancellation, and we could stay there after all and they were sorry about the fact that they had to book us somewhere else because of the plumbing issue at the hotel.... Hmmmm electrical, plumbing overbook... Which is it? Holiday inn did end up paying for our room, but the chaotic runaround was extemely unprofessional and I will not be staying here for future business trips...

Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
HICapitolCenter, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Tallahassee Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2013

Hi Tampa1
We appreciate your feedback very much.
At times unexpected issues arise at hotels that cause rooms to become un-rentable. We did have a plumbing issue days prior of your scheduled stay which caused us to relocate multiple reservations. We find most guests prefer to be contacted in advance and made aware when something happens as apposed to at check in. We did everything in our power to ease the situation including making you aware as soon as a room opened up. We are very sorry you were upset about the way we handled this with you. Thank you for your platinum status and loyalty to IHG. If we can be of assistance in the future please let us know.
Chris Foerst

Reviewed 15 March 2013

We stayed at this hotel and were pleasantly surprised. We look at TripAdvisor and Yelp to see what we can expect when we travel to other cities. We were prepared to encounter an issue or two but fortunately we didn't and we were there for 2 nights. The hotel is a bit old but is neat, clean and the staff was very friendly. We booked for a weekend in August.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
HICapitolCenter, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Tallahassee Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2013

Dear nanzola,

Thank you for your review. We really appreciate your staying with us and look forward to hearing from you through the reviews. Our staff takes great pride in taking care of their guests. They will be thrilled to hear that you had such a positive experiences during your stay here. We look forward to seeing you in August!

Reviewed 15 March 2013

This has to be my 5th stay at this location. Every time I go to the Capital city I stay at this location. As a Platinum Priority Club Member I expect all the hotels I stay in to meet a certain standard. I have never been disappointed at this Holiday Inn. The staff is wonderful, rooms are extremely clean, parking is safe, location is wonderful. I can usually find a excellent value most of the time. I would recommend this property if you ever find yourself in the Tallahassee area.

Room Tip: I usually get the best value by calling the hotel directly to book.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Dear Chris W.,

First off let me thank you for being a Platinum Priority Club Member! We appreciate your dedication to our hotel as well as the other hotels that participate in the priority club. We are grateful that you shared your positive experience with us. Our staff works hard to make sure the guests have the best experiences. We hope to see you at our hotel the next time you find yourself in the Tallahassee area.

Reviewed 11 March 2013

I was visiting colleges with my son and found this deal on the internet. It was convenient to the campus an didn't cost an arm and a leg. It was an older version of the Inn and wasn't as well kept as others I've stayed at. It was safe and a good respite for a nite.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
HICapitolCenter, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Tallahassee Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2013

Thank you for your review...I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We do have a great and affordable location with many close options for dining. With the mall accross the street and universities 2-3 miles away we have most needs covered!

Chris Foerst,

Reviewed 9 March 2013

Overall, the worst Holiday Inn property we have stayed at in 2+ years, & as a Platinum Priority Club Member, I have stayed in many. Holiday Inn does their entire brand a disservice with properties like this. They've allowed a franchise owner of an "old" motel, to install new signage & other minor easily visible identification, to give the mistaken impression that they have upgraded the property. Not so. The lobby has been upgraded, & it appears that they have installed new doors on the rooms, & perhaps new mirrors & lighting fixtures in the bathroom, but that's it. The carpet in our room was old, worn & dirty. Same old tired plumbing fixtures in the bath from the original incarnation, though it looked like they may have dumped in some new grout & tried to clean/cover the old tub. Old worn & chipped furniture, & a lounge chair/ottoman that was so stained & filthy that we would not use it. Stains & holes in the drapery shears & a bedskirt that was merely taken out of its packaging & put on the bed, with not a thought being given to the wrinkles & condition of it, & never been removed since. Front desk staff was courteous & professional. Too bad they don't work at a better facility.

Room Tip: Get a room at another hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Dear Mr. SMVHOU,
Thank you for your review…we take each review to heart. As you shared, we have made, and continue to make, multiple improvements through out the property. I am happy you enjoyed our staff, they take pride in their hotel, hospitality and guest experience. I am very sorry to hear that your overall stay was less than you expected. I would have been happy to discuss your experience with you prior to your departure. Thank you for your loyalty to IHG. If I can be of assistance in the future feel free to contact me.

Chris Foerst,

Reviewed 7 February 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel because we wanted to be within walking distance of The Moon where we were attending a concert. Having read some dubious reviews we were a bit reluctant, but the location convinced us to go ahead and "risk" it.
Our room was super clean and updated with every amenity we could possibly have needed! I always travel with disenfecting wipes, but almost didn't pull them out!
The staff was fantastic in making certain that we were happy with our accommodations, especially a young man in training named Valentin!
Perhaps the lobby could be updated a bit, but how much time do you spend there when staying at a Holiday Inn?
Complimentary breakfast was fine and included a hot buffet. I was impressed with the attendant who was right there offering to get us whatever else we needed...and, real plates and utensils, not paper!
We would definitely stay here the next time we go to a concert in Tallahassee or just need to be on that side of town!

Room Tip: Talk to Valentin!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Ceciliaharris_12,

Thank you for your positive review! We appreciate all reviews that we receive whether they are positive or negative. We take all guests reviews and suggestions very seriously and are working hard to improve our facility. Our staff as well as our buffet attendant will be delighted to hear how happy you were while staying with us. We strive to give you the best experiences possible. We look forward to having you stay in our hotel again!

Director of Guest Experiences

Reviewed 2 February 2013

I have to admit that looking at the reviews it seems the reviewers are all going to different properties or they are all schizophrenic. Five stars, fours stars then one star, two stars. Are we all staying at the same property? Anyway for this Holiday Inn (the one with Applebee's) it is a great hotel. It is not the newest hotel on the block, but they always accomidate me with a fair rate and great service. The rooms are clean and the staff is friendly. I have only eaten at the Applebees one time (not the last time I stayed here), but I found it to be just fine (please remember it IS only an Applebee's). So if you want a nice room at a good hotel for a fair price you can't go wrong. (Now if everyone would just stay on their meds!!!)

Room Tip: Just ask for a quiet room if you are hyper sensitive to noise. The staff will do you right.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Dear Jack G.,

At the Holiday Inn Capitol Center, we strive to give our guests the best experience possible. We are grateful that you had such a wonderful experience while staying with us. Our staff is also willing to accommodate a guest as much as we can. Thank you for taking time to write such a positive review!