“The customer service was very good.”

Wyndham Garden Tallahassee Capitol
Ranked #42 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
“The customer service was very good.”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

My overall stay was great, the employees were very professional and prompt with all wants and needs, I will definately stay again. Great job, I give two thumbs up to the staff and also the front desk staff.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank YDByrd
HICapitolCenter, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Tallahassee Capitol, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Dear YDByrd,

Thank you for such a positive review! Our staff goes above and beyond to make sure that guests are beyond satisfied upon departure of our hotel. They really pride themselves on their hospitality and will be thrilled to hear that you appreciated it. We can’t wait to see you next time you are in Tallahassee!

Holiday Inn Capitol Center, Tallahassee, Florida

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Reviewed 7 July 2013

I'm here at the hotel right now. We check In 2 rooms. The beds are dirty, have hairs all over around. Looks like the housekeeper didn't do her job. The beds had a sticky stuff over. The carpet is not clean at all. We want the 2 rooms and the doors are broken. Looks like some one kick from the other room to get access. I'm telling you we make a Bad choice. I always said Holiday Inns are the best from past experience but this one is not good at all.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Giselle1130
HICapitolCenter, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Tallahassee Capitol, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Dear Giselle1130,

I'm sorry for the experience you had while staying with us. I reviewed our records and don't see anything reported to our staff. Had this been reported we certainly would have corrected the issue and worked with you to ensure your satisfaction. Our entire staff is available to do whatever it takes to make sure everyone is happy when they leave our hotel. Always try to work with the staff and any establishment when an issue arises.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 16 June 2013

We won this hotel on priceline for a visit to FSU during the long Martin Luther King holiday weekend. Hotel staff were very friendly, the rooms were spacious, and the breakfast included with the room rate was very good. We also appreciated the location of the hotel just across the street from the Governor's Mall, as well as the Applebee's Restaurant attached to the hotel.

However, the hotel was undergoing renovations during our visit and there were some safety concerns. The first floor back door leading out to the parking area had a place to use your hotel key to open the door, however due to the construction, this door was always propped open. I would not have felt comfortable staying in one of the first floor rooms. We had a room on the 3rd floor. I mistakenly put my key in the wrong room and the key card fell all the way through the opening. Furthermore, our room, although spacious, was not entirely clean. Upon entering the bathtub, I could see the stain under the rim of the toilet.

And, after checking in, as we were getting ready for bed, the fire alarm went off. I first tried the phone in the room to call downstairs to see what was going on. At this point I realized the room phone was dead. I went downstairs to inquire at the front desk and was told that the alarm was an accident and that there was no fire. I told them that our room phone did not work and was told they could send someone up to look at it. At this time, it was 10 pm, we had just driven for 4 hours and had an early appointment the next day, so I told them to wait until the next day to send someone up to repair the phone. When we checked out two days later, the phone was still not working.

As my daughter is attending FSU next fall, we have visited Tallahassee several times since this visit and anticipate visiting many more times in the next 4 years, however I will not stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Avoid ground floor rooms.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
HICapitolCenter, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Tallahassee Capitol, responded to this review, 18 June 2013
Dear Messenger,

Thank you for your review! Our staff will be pleased to hear that you enjoyed their hospitality. I am glad to hear that you also enjoyed the accommodations that our hotel has to offer. We are in the process of renovating and improving our hotel for our guests. We take all suggestions that come in to heart and appreciate the fact that our guests bring them to our attention. However, I am disappointed to hear that your stay was not up to your expectations. I hope that the next time you find yourself in Tallahassee you let us make it up to you.

Moselle, Mississippi
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Stayed for one night with my family on the way to south Florida. Overall, the stay was just ok. Check in was great but the condition of the room left a lot to be desired. This just looks like an old Holiday Inn with a new sign. Housekeeping did a horrible job & maintenance had done a shoddy job of taking care of issues. It was ok for just a one night stay but not any longer.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
HICapitolCenter, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Tallahassee Capitol, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
Dear Bob55197,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We appreciate all the reviews that come in and take them all to heart. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the front desk’s hospitality during check in. They take pride in their hotel and their guest’s experience. However, I am deeply sorry to hear that your experience was less than desirable. I hope you allow us to make it up to you next time you find yourself in Tallahassee.

Holiday Inn Capitol Center, Tallahassee, Fl
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Its not new, but its clean, basic lodging with more positives than negatives. I found my room to be clean, furniture, beds and linens were new and comparable to other Holiday Inns. However, the common areas and my room (meaning carpet, walls, bathroom), are starting to show their age. There is that old hotel smell, the bathrooms are tiny and the elevators are confusing to use. The positives of this hotel include being cheaper than many around and convenient to downtown/state offices, the staff are very friendly and helpful and the breakfast kitchen staff are absolutely outstanding....probably the best and most attentive I have ever seen anywhere at a Holiday Inn. There is also an Applebees connected to the hotel if you want to eat dinner knock back a few drinks during happy hour without driving, If you want to spend $100+ on a room that is plush or new, I'd recommend another place. But if you want an affordable but clean and safe room, its a good choice.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
HICapitolCenter, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Tallahassee Capitol, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
Dear Corey_in_Orlando,

Thank you for your positive review! The housekeeping staff goes above and beyond to ensure that the rooms are perfect for our guests. I appreciate you bringing your concerns regarding the hotel to our attention. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the accommodations that our hotel has to offer. The staff will be pleased to hear that you enjoyed their hospitality. We hope to see you next time you find yourself in the Tallahassee area!

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 22 May 2013

may 17th thu may 20th was very good for us,for you see there were about 100 or more in our group,and i can say no complaints of any kind.good breakfast,goodnight sleep no noise and everything was very clean.you can feel self and at peace.they give you a pass to go over to golds for a work and they have they own.keep up the good work.

Room Tip: you have no nosie and there is a best buy,cvs,olive garden,and more.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
HICapitolCenter, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Tallahassee Capitol, responded to this review, 23 May 2013
Dear mary g,

Thank you for your positive review! Our staff works hard to make sure that the groups that come in are satisfied and experience the best service possible. I am happy to hear that you as well as your group enjoyed the accommodations that our hotel has to offer. We hope to see you and the others in your group the next time you find yourself in the Tallahassee area!

Director of Guest Experiences
Tennessee
Reviewed 17 May 2013

We spent 4 nights here while a friend was in the hospital. Probably the only real negative was the bedding. There was a bed pad (not fitted) under the sheets and would bunch up quite often when rolling over in bed. New bedding, to include a blanket or nice comforter would improve sleep quality.
The breakfast is hot and includes bacon and/or sausage, scrambled eggs, waffles, toast,fresh fruit, yogurt, etc. The 2 ladies that worked in the breakfast were very friendly and welcoming.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Vickisuttle
HICapitolCenter, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Tallahassee Capitol, responded to this review, 22 May 2013
Dear Vickisuttle,

Thank you for your positive review! I appreciate all your comments and what you to know that we take all of our guests suggestions into consideration. Our breakfast is wonderful and I am happy to hear that you enjoyed it. The breakfast staff will be pleased to hear that you appreciated there hospitality. We hope to see you next time you find yourself in the Tallahassee area.