“Avoid!”

Wyndham Garden Tallahassee Capitol
Ranked #42 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I booked this hotel while it was still a Holiday Inn. I received a letter stating that it was no longer a hOliday Inn and that my rate would be honored. I checked for other hotels but there was no availability or the rooms were well out of my price range...I think there was a football game going on that weekend. I forgot my directions at home so I called and talked to 2 people, 1 who said she was the manager on duty (Devon)...neither one of them could give me directions from I-10. Once I finally found my own way there, I told Devon I wanted to pay with cash. she said OK and took my card as a guarantee which I understood. But upon check out I found out that she had charged my card and then the lady checking me out ran it again even tho I was standing there with cash in my hand! To get to my room on the 3rd floor I had to carry all my luggage downstairs and then thru 2 sets of doors before I could get to an elevator. ODD... The room was dingy, dark. Towels were thin and worn. Mattress was lumpy and not comfortable at all. The breakfast was ok but nothing to brag about. I was very happy to leave and continue on with my trip!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Disneyisme
GM-HITallahassee, Manager at Wyndham Garden Tallahassee Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

My sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you faced during your stay in our hotel. It seems there must have been some miscommunications regarding payment for the room and to start your stay with a driving direction dilemma is certainly not enjoyable. Our goal is that every guest can leave with a positive and memorable experience, regrettably that is not the experience you had. Although our Hotel is not the most updated we do pride ourselves on being clean while providing enjoyable amenities. It is great to hear that you were satisfied with the breakfast and we do thank you for your business.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

This was a disappointing stay. This facility was at one time an excellent facility, however they have chosen to leave the Holiday Inn brand and become independent. The drop off was obvious. I was in a room with two double beds. Each bed had four pillows. On one bed none of the pillows had pillow covers, and the pillows that did have covers the covers were ripped and yellow. All of the bed linens were yellow and worn. The towels in the bathroom had holes and were very worn. The free breakfast that was promised was extremely limited. I was told they were "out of food". The staff was helpful but only when asked.
The meeting room I used was clean and set up correctly. Overall this facility appeared to have lowered the standards that would be required by Holiday Inn since electing to become independent.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our Hotel. We have become independent but that does not take away from the quality of service or amenities we aim to provide. We take these comments very seriously and will be looking into the quality of towels and bed linens we are providing in each room as well as the concern regarding the breakfast. We appreciate your feedback and thank you again.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I was forced to stay at this hotel for work purposes. The staff and management are extremely cordial and helpful. That was one of the only positives to this hotel. The entire hotel is extremely outdated. You will not get any bonus points beacause the hotel (more like a motel) is no longer a Holiday Inn.The keys stop working every few days (I had them nowhere near any electronic devices) for no apparent reason. You have to take your luggage down 5 or more stairs to get to the elevator, which was very odd. My room consistently had luke warm water while the weather was 36 degrees outside! There are no washers or dryers, so I hope you don't have any type of clothing mishaps. The beds are hard and uncomfortable. The toilet looks as though it will overflow at anytime during flushing. It is attached to an applebees which was convenient. Also, there are many food choices, walgreens, cvs, and mall within a one mile radius. The breakfast was very good as well as the kitchen staff's hospitality. The staff give you the treatment you would expect from the large expensive hotel chains. Overall, If I had to use my own money to book this hotel I would decline.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. It is great to hear that you enjoyed many things about your stay including the hospitality of our staff as well as the location and proximity of our Hotel to convenient stores and restaurants. Never the less, it is disheartening to hear your comments regarding the level of updates our Hotel has as well as the inconvenient key problem and shower water temperature. We take these reviews seriously and will be looking into these matters in order to resolve them in a way which will be to the satisfaction of our guests. We hope that you will give us a chance to serve you again so that we can live up to the standard we stand behind.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

This hotel isn't bad, but it is by no means the best Holiday Inn I've stayed in. I travel about 2 weeks per month, and while this hotel isn't terrible, the dusty smell in the rooms is definitely noticeable. There is no fitness center to speak of, but there are decent restaurants nearby. If you're going for a football game, I would vote staying somewhere else, but if your'e in to visit Tallahassee for work or to see family, this is a good location at a reasonable price.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank mikeellisfsu
GM-HITallahassee, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Tallahassee Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

We appreciate the courteous feedback about our hotel. As it is our commitment to offer excellent service to all our customers, we always keep in mind every matter that concerns you. Consider that all your concerns regarding the ambiance of our rooms and facility will be noted respectively. Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

I needed a quick overnight stay and this place offered great rates & stellar service. I had a HUGE room with adjoining side room. Clean sheets & free breakfast. Would definitely stay here again - especially if on a budget. Pedro at the front desk was very helpful and friendly.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank HungryHoneymooners

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. We are grateful to have you as our guest. Since we are after excellence and the satisfaction of our customers, you can be sure that we will do our best to maintain the quality of our service at its best price. We can't wait to serve you again on your next visit.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

This hotel gives you the illusion that it is nice, but don't let the exterior fool you. It really needs revitalization. The floor we stayed on the air did not work in the hallway and it was morbidly hot and had an odor there. The bed was lumpy and the room were dingy. The breakfast buffet was however the best part of this stay. The staff was friendly and it helped being close to the Applebees.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

We apologize for the inconvenience incurred during your stay at our hotel. Since we are eager to make things right at all times, you can be sure that we will address all the issues you have with our hotel, especially our air conditioning, ambiance, room and bed. We are happy that you appreciate our breakfast buffet and customer service. We will be exceptionally grateful if you will give us a chance to serve you better.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Buliding and rooms are old and worn. The entry farthest from front door is suppose to be key entry only. However, that was broken and anyone could access hotel lobbies anytime. The continental breakfast was bleak with just white bread (no muffins or bagels), eggs, grits, some fruit and some packages cereals. Very disappointing stay. Could not recommend. The only positive was that an Applebee's was connected to hotel and that was nice for a drink.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Our sincerest apologies for what you have experience during your stay at our hotel. Since we pursue the satisfaction of our customers, rest assured that your concern regarding our rooms, front door, and continental breakfast will be taken care of. We appreciate your fair review about our hotel.