“What people experienced in 2009 has changed & improved”

Wyndham Garden Tallahassee Capitol
Ranked #44 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed 24 March 2010

Stayed 4 nights for business followed by then sight -seeing at the beginning of February 2010. I chose it mainly because Expedia came up with a pretty good package price (around $80 per night). In the Tally area I don't think there is much difference between the 2.5 & the 3 star hotels, I did not think this was anything fancy. On my trip I had essentially no interaction with the front desk, so I can't speak to that, the housekeeping was fine. All the bed covers were white, which is important to me. The pool is a small outdoor thing & I never searched very hard for the fitness center. I had a 4th floor room with microwave & fridge & I ate in, mostly.
The location is off of a highway service road so you have to watch carefully for your turn-- I kept driving through parking lots, it was also sometimes a bit of a challenge to get out in the direction I wanted to go. Although they call the hotels out in this area "downtown" they are not. The closest ones outside of downtown, yes, but a car is necessary.
However since i was driving around I did find two great stores nearby. I have nothing against the Appleby's restaurant, but since they are common, I ended up going to the New Leaf Market across the side road. It is a whole foods organic sort of place with a very large take-out section & salad bar, coffee bar, etc. A great choice for a single person to eat better while traveling. Then across the main highway the other way was a place called World Market. It was bigger than a large supermarket & stocked jammed full of imported foods, wines, chocolates, some cookware & gifts. It was great. (I should make a Trip Advisor listing for it.) I wavered and almost considered paying for a checked bag on my airline, just so I could shop my heart out. Going back next week & I'm still thinking about it.
Bottom line, if you need the Holiday Inn because of a plan or a discount or whatever, don't let it worry you. Just remember that it's not really downtown and many hotels in the area are essentially similar -- look for a good price.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 25 January 2010

The rooms are clean, which is what you would expect. However the staff ROCKS, particularly Allee-Jo at the front desk.

Mary

Reviewed 20 January 2010

I travel an aweful lot on business trips, and after a while most of the hotels begin to seem all the same. However, from the first moment I walked into the Holiday Inn until the second I left, the service was incredible. The lady at the front counter (Allie Joe?) always greeted me with a warm "Hello" and an impecible smile. My room on the fourth floor was clean, comfortable, and quiet. Whenever I come back to Tallahassee, I'm staying here!

Reviewed 11 January 2010

Went to a FAMU graduation...Was referred to the Holiday Inn Tallahassee...Had a very
smooth check in experience, and the staff was EXTREMELY pleasant and professional.
The girl who helped us was Allee-Jo - we saw her several times over the weekend, and
she always went out of her way to say hello and ask if everything was okay. Our room
was great, clean and comfortable - couldn't ask for more!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 January 2010

Just returned from three days at this Hotel. Room very clean and bed was outstanding as I have somewhat of a bad back!. Has Applebee's restaurant in the hotel which was very handy for dinner and watched the football game!
Hotel was priced very reasonable for the service and friendly staff, far better than others in the same area and downtown, which is 5 minutes away!
I am returning in March and made reservation already!

Reviewed 21 December 2009

Previous reviews made me nervous about having meeting there, but whatever was wrong seems to be fixed - we didn't encounter any issues. Great location near Capitol bldg, FSU and Downtown. Staff was very friendly and helpful, and prices for our rooms, meeting room, breaks, etc. were good value. Applebee's restaurant on site was a good partner for hotel, food, cocktail hour, and social networking.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 November 2009

This place needs a lot of help starting with the front desk staff(two guys very rude).
You can't ask for directions, they refered you to the business center that Applebees staff and customers shared.
The room was clean but there was s trong smell in the hallways and all the staff said when I complained was that she could give me spray can ?
For a paid breakfast they could put some fresh food on.
Seems like the front desk is all a big party and guest needing assistance are a burden
Lobby smelled like wet dog!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Travellers also viewed these Tallahassee hotels
Comfort Suites Tallahassee Downtown
Holiday Inn Express Tallahassee East
Quality Inn & Suites-Capital District
Best Western Plus Tallahassee North Hotel
Four Points by Sheraton Tallahassee Downtown
Extended Stay America - Tallahassee - Killearn

Been to Wyndham Garden Tallahassee Capitol? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Wyndham Garden Tallahassee Capitol

Address: 1355 Apalachee Pkwy, Tallahassee, FL 32301-3001 (Formerly Ramada Plaza Tallahassee Capitol)
Region: United States > Florida > Florida Panhandle > Tallahassee
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #44 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
Price Range: £52 - £131 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Wyndham Garden Tallahassee Capitol 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Wyndham Garden Tallahassee Capitol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Tallahassee Capitol Hotel Tallahassee