“Another Baymont Disappointment”

Baymont Inn & Suites Tallahassee
Ranked #30 of 54 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed 8 January 2012

We usually like Baymont Inns but this place was very sub par. The rooms were old and needing renovation with mold in the shower and old analog TVs. The pillows on the bed were the most uncomfortable I have had in a long time and need replacing. The free breakfast was a joke with nothing hot and no fresh fruit other than black bananas.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Terry D

Reviewed 4 January 2012

My job brings me to Florida several times a year and occasionally for road trips that involve several stops and several different hotels. I wanted to rack up some bonus points on my Wyndham rewards account so I stayed at their hotels exclusively this time. The Baymont was really impressive.
I doesn't look like much from the outside but the staff was very courteous and helpful, greeting me warmly and made me feel at home. The room was spacious and quite clean and well maintained, especially for a roadside motel. I don't often find myself complimenting the staff on what would seem like a basic lodging amenity but I did in this case. The grounds were well kept, the bedding clean and comfortable. The room even smelled clean, and not that typical motel room smell but crisp, like fresh linen. It is not a five start resort but it is a nice surprise on the road (I've stayed in some real @#&^holes...St. Petersburg La Quinta, I'm looking at you) and the Waffle House next door was great for a late night snack. I definitely recommend this motel to anyone considering staying in the area.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group
2  Thank Aaron S
Reviewed 26 December 2011

This is my second time staying here, and it won't be the last. The room was clean and maintained. Breakfast was great, I think the doughnuts were Krispy Kremes! When looking for a good stopover that's not expensive and not a roach motel, this is the perfect place.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank KMarrone
Reviewed 13 December 2011

Great rate and very clean and neat motel for bargain price. We have paid twice that for motels that turned out to be dumps. I was worried what it would be like even with very good reviews, but we were very pleasantly surprised. No weird smells or poor cleaning or noisy A/C's-didn't find anything that bothered us (and my wife is very picky). Free internet worked fine. Breakfast was fresh and coffee quite good. The staff was nice and friendly also. Definitely will be our choice whenever we stop over night in Tallahassee.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank williamjoerg
Reviewed 28 November 2011

One night stopover traveling over Thanksgiving Holiday. Usually avoid hotels with exterior-only doors, but the price and positive reviews swayed us. Check-in was quick and courteous. Room reminded me of a smaller version of a Hampton Inn. Clearly newly updated. Granite counters, duvet down comforter and multiple pillows were unexpected touches-- especially for a king room for under $65. Breakfast included, but just cold cereal, pastries and yogurt. Coffee was very good. We would stay here again for an overnight.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 21 November 2011

We were on our way from Palm Bay, FL to New Orleans, LA when we decided to stop here. We recieved a discounted rate at the Baymont Inn & Suites of Tallahassee, FL because we had a motel coupon book. That was nice. I think it was about $55.00 + tax. It was a very good value for us. There is a nice Waffle House next door that we ate at. The motel itself is surprisingly nice. The room had a new vanity and tub surround. Both of them were very nice. When we first walked into the room it was humid and had a hint of a musty smell, but after all it's located in Florida. Then, when we turned the air on the musty smell went away. The beds were comfortable and clean. We all were well rested in the morning and ready for a swim and then a nice free breakfast. The pool was very nice and clean. All of us wanted to swim and we were given a pool-side room which was very nice. Not to mention the saff were very polite and were working very hard. One of the most important things to my family is safety. We all felt safe here. Overall, this is a very nice economically conscious accomidation.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 November 2011

My wife and I checked in on 11-3-11 for a 3 night stay. I inquired with Guest Services ( a male of Indian decent ) regarding the assigned room and bedding and asked to look at the room prior to acceptance for the 3 day stay. We were informed that the room would meet our expectations without looking at it as it was furnished with a new firm king size mattress. He also stated that the bedspread was new, but not to be concerned with the bumps on it as opposed to normally being flat. We agreed to take the room based on his assurance we would be pleased with the accommodations. Needless to say, the mattress was not firm, but extra soft and very uncomfortable to sleep on. The fitted sheet would not stay on the mattress and the bedspread was so heavy it was uncomfortable to use. Due to the fact the room was designated for the handicapped, it also appears the bathroom toilet is not in compliance with the ADA requirements for the correct height. On the plus side, the maid service was excellent and we enjoyed the Continental Breakfast.

Room Tip: Make sure to check room and bedding prior to acceptance.