“Skip this one”

Hampton Inn Tallahassee Central
Ranked #4 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

I usually have great luck with the Hilton brand but they missed the mark on this one. I'm not sure how this place got so many positive reviews. Putting aside the fact that it's run down the rooms are dated, not very clean, and have a musty smell. I had to keep the air on 66 to just keep the smell at bay. The bed was way too soft and the rooms don't have safes. The breakfast is laughable. By far the worst hilton breakfast I've had but thankfully I brought my own protein powder so I was okay there. Would never stay here again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Hampton-Inn-Central, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tallahassee Central, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear NC_BeachGurl,

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review. I'm sorry to hear that the bed was uncomfortable and that we fell short in other areas. We always strive to make things comfortable and convenient for our guests and apologize for the musty smell in your room. We've alerted the appropriate departments so that the issues can be fixed but regret they were not addressed prior to your stay. We hope we can invite you back for a better experience. Please contact me and I will gladly take care of you.

Regards,

Reviewed 21 August 2014

I have stayed at this hotel and the staff is always willing to help with any thing. This stay, my phone charger broke and one of the house keeping staff was willing to lend me her personal one for the day. She went above an beyond. I apologize that I did not catch her name

1  Thank Ronald C
Reviewed 20 August 2014

one of my highlights of my 3 day stay was two remarkable women who asked about my day and me feel so welcome, with their smile and the attention that they gave me, thank you to Rose and Latonya, I stayed in room 325, You absolutely made my stay amazing!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank j b
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I felt like I couldn't meet a stranger there with the staff being so friendly and helpful. I had an elevator ride with a cleaning service staff member and instead of the usual awkward silence, she was upbeat and cheerful which was refreshing!

1  Thank Bradley D

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience you had at our hotel, We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Your comments is a testament of us meeting our guest expectations. As a team our number one goal is to provide the greatest customer experience each day and every time to our guest. Reading your comments it's clear we met that goal. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

The staff was very friendly, attentive and welcoming. I would definitely stay there again. Not on my very next trip because they are fully booked. We enjoyed the breakfast and the variety of foods available.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 140mirthab
Reviewed 14 August 2014

The rooms and breakfast were awesome. All of the hotel staff were extremely nice and helpful. I had a small utility trailer and they were extremely accommodating in allowing me to park and lock it in the back of their lot. I highly recommend this hotel.

1  Thank Robert W
Reviewed 4 August 2014

For the first time, I have nothing negative to say about this hotel. Absolutely everything was perfect.

Pros:
-Friendly staff from the front desk people, to the housekeeping staff, to the breakfast attendants, everyone was wonderful.
-Extremely clean room
-Relatively good location
-Excellent breakfast selection (sausage, bacon, eggs, waffles, cereal, fruit, oatmeal, etc.)
-High enough shower for my 6'4 tall boyfriend
- Outdoor pool was clean and warm
-Room was large and roomy with a lot of space for our excessive amount of luggage
-Bed was comfortable
-Hotel was quiet
-Elevator was quick
-It had those decorative touches (on the keys, in the elevator, next to the room numbers) that I really love about the Hampton. It doesn't seem like it would make a difference but it's just that one little extra touch that makes it feel more cozy.

There really is nothing bad I could say about this hotel. It was an amazing, comfortable, clean stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stefee818
Hampton-Inn-Central, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tallahassee Central, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Stefee818,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on Trip Advisor. We are delighted that your stay with the Hampton Inn Tallahassee Central was enjoyable.

Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future. I will be sure to give each team member a high five during our next team huddle. Hope to see you again!