“Super Great Hotel”

Doubletree Hotel Tallahassee
Ranked #8 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
“Super Great Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2011

Stayed here for the weekend while attending a graduation at FSU..... This hotel was beyond my expectations!..our room was super nice,15th floor with a nice view...service was outstanding,from the staff at the front desk to the chambermaids!... The complementry breakfast was great and Renee and the other servers were happy to see us each morning greeting us with a pot of coffee!..location was perfect..we walked everywhere ...if you choose to stay here you will not be disappointed.....

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Robbie G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
Gautier, Mississippi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2011

We were looking for a reasonably priced room for just one night, so I used priceline. Got a great rate and totally expected the level of service I had received with all of my previous Hilton Stays. First, my wife had called the front desk about a week before our trip to request a King bed. The associate told her that would not be a problem and that she would make a note on our reservation. When we arrived, we were told that since we used priceline we were not entitled to a king room. That was OK, I then asked if we were entitled to any of the other benefits that our gold card offered? He said no, because we did not book through Hilton. I asked if they had a Restaurant and lounge on the property. He stated "our property does not have an executive lounge and that we would not be eligible for its use anyway. I was asking for a restaurant and Cocktail lounge so that we could have dinner. He then directed me to where they were. While waiting there it was simple to see that our level of service was not the norm; another couple checking in were treated as all guests should be treated, They even received fresh baked cookies. We got our key and found our room on our own. It was located at the end of the hallway on the 4th floor, room was ok, but I would be willing to bet if there was a worse one available we would have been given that one! I have never been treated this poorly at any hotel. It's amazing that the service provided is based solely on where you make your purchase. I will never visit this property again. Oh, one more thing, he defiantly wanted me to know that internet and parking were also not included!

L Green

By the way we never complain about anything and it took my wife telling her friends and listening to their feedback to get me motivated to send this letter. We have stayed at sheratons, hiltons, intercontinental and Wyndham hotels using priceline and have never been treated in this manner. None of these hotels have never mentioned priceline and have always moved us to a king room without question.

Room Tip: Nice hotel, but pay full price if you expect good service.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank les g
DoubletreeTLH, Director of Sales at Doubletree Hotel Tallahassee, responded to this review, 9 December 2011
To our guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your comments and concerns regarding our hotel. Our hotel strives for excellence and the comfort of our guests. We are sorry you did not have a wonderful experience. We aim to treat all of our guests the same no matter how they made their reservation. Upon check in, every customer is to receive our signature DoubleTree Cookie. Next time, we will give you double! On behalf of the DoubleTree by Hilton Tallahassee, I would like to apologize for the way you were treated. I invite you to talk to our front office manager at Tyler.Chesson@hilton.com to talk about a better fit room for you and your wife the next time you come to Tallahassee.
Fairhope, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

The Doubletree Hotel is a great place to stay while in Tallahassee. The beds are very comfortable with plenty of nice pillows. The staff was very helpful, especially Elizabeth at the front desk. You are greeted with happy faces upon arrival. The breakfast buffet was the best we have had in Tallahassee. They are remodeling the rooms to update them. I am sure it will be very updated when all is done. Great place to stay...we will return.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms in the upper floors have been remodeled.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

I am the Director of Operations for the Women's Basketball team at Georgia State University and my primary duty is team travel. This is my second year at Georgia State and this was the best hotel we have stayed in thus far and our trip to Tallahassee was our best one yet as far as travel went. The service was excellent, the staff was friendly, the food was very good, and it was just an overall great experience. Amanda Heidecker was our hotel rep and she did such a good job of making us feel very welcome and comfortable. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2011

We came through town Thanksgiving week to visit my husband's college roommate. The hotel is in a good location and the people at the front desk were pleasant. The room needed work.

The carpets were covered in stains. They were so filthy I wouldn't let my kids walk barefoot or sit on the floor. The bathroom was incredibly small with the toilet smack in the middle. If you have small kids it makes it very difficult to shower one child while the other is using the potty. The shower head was hanging on the wall by a thread. We kept trying to put it back but it would just fall again. I didn't feel like the bathroom was super clean but that's why I travel with my own lysol and clorox wipes.

Our biggest problem was with the cleaning staff. Our girls got chocolate from the hotel's cookies all over the sheets. We left the tag on the bed to have the sheets changed the next day and the cleaning person never changed them. It wasn't a big enough deal to call the front desk and complain about it since we were only there 2 nights but it definitely left us with an uneasy feeling about their overall cleaning policies.

We did mention that and a few other concerns at check out and we got the standard "We apologize. Thanks for letting us know. We'll talk to housekeeping." I'd be surprised if they spoke to housekeeping.

I would recommend this hotel only if you don't want to pay over $100 for a room and you view it only as a place to sleep. Next time we'll plan things well in advance so we can stay at the Governor's Inn.

• Stayed November 2011
Sunrise, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2011

Lets be honest, this hotel is right in the heart of downtown Tallahassee. Parking is very reasonable and covered. Staff is very friendly and courteous. However, the hotel itself is not what I would consider a quality Doubletree Hotel.
The lobby, restrooms and bar area are all nice and well-kept. Unfortunately, the hallways are in bad need of new carpeting, or at least a really good steam cleaning. There is a slight smell when getting off the elevator, too. Thats not to say its unbearable, by any means, but its not something you would except from a Doubletree. The room itself was nice. I have read other reviews of very picky guests and will say this-- yes, some of the wallpaper in our room was peeling (slightly), yes there was some areas of the shower that was missing caulk, yes the carpeting was slightly worn and yes, the air conditioning unit had some broken vents. However, the bed/pillows were very comfortable. The bathroom overall was good. The TV, desk, arm-chair and dresser were all in good shape.
Would I spend $300/night here? Not in this current condition. Are there many options in Tallahassee with this location? No. So basically you are paying a bit more for a great location with mid-to-low end quality.

Room Tip: Request a room with a view of the Capital building, if possible.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Venis3
Tampa, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2011

Tallahassee has limited choices but this is one of the best. Bar closed a little early 11 pm but otherwise good. Service sometimes less than perfect but attitudes are good.

• Stayed November 2011