“Comfortable Hotel”

Doubletree Hotel Tallahassee
Ranked #6 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed 13 November 2012

I spent here 4 nights. The bed was comfortable and also the pillows. My room was in the 13th floor. The bathroom and room were very clean, the robe and towels were soft and new. My only suggestion will be about the breakfast buffet. The Breakfast menu is good and the food is delicious, however the buffet was not good and it was expensive.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,608)

Reviewed 12 November 2012

The hotel itself is the usual looking chain, but there was often either no hot water or a 5 -10 minute wait for it. The hotel restaurant not only had dreadful food (of course not unusual in a hotel restaurant, but breakfast? Come on) but a very unhappy wait staff. One of them dropped part of a salad, picked up the tomatoes and put it back on a friend's salad, in front of her. But what has sent me over the top is billing. I was there for a conference and shared a room with a friend. Though we spent 35 minutes at the desk, trying to get them to do our bills accurately, I discovered this morning that I'd been billed twice. When I called the hotel it took another 25 minutes for them even to realize they'd billed me twice and then they said they didn't have my roommate's credit card info. Since I saw and heard her give it to them, multiple times, that means they lost it but kept mine. I would not go within a mile of this place. So many people are out of work right now; it's easy to find competent help but this hotel has none.

Room Tip: Don't go there.
1  Thank Elizabeth C
Reviewed 10 November 2012

I was there for 4 days and it was an amazing experience. The staff treated me like I was their grandmother, which I could have been their great grandma and was accommodating in every respect. They even showed me how to text a design for FSU to my grand daughter who is serving on the USS Nimitz and is an avid fan of FSU. The restaurant staff was super in that they fixed me things off the menu for all three meals as I wanted something "plain". As a side note, I was there when a certain wedding party arrived in the lobby one night...very drunk. One even passed out on a couch near me and they requested a bucket as she may throw up. The staff was incredibly kind and got a trash bin right away. Luckily it wasn't used and they carried her up to a room. The staff performed incredibly calm and got everyone to their rooms in a very kind and efficient way.

Room Tip: 15th floor had wonderful night view of Tallahassee.
1  Thank mlewilliams
Reviewed 9 November 2012

I had to speak to the front desk on three separate occasions about my reservation. First they had too many rooms booked under my name (that happened twice) and then they had me checking out Saturday instead of Sunday. I was in town for a wedding in which the bride and groom were also staying at the hotel, their reservation had been misplaced completely (but was eventually found).

If I would not have stopped by the front desk to double check on my reservation every day I would have ended up paying for rooms I didn't book and having to find another place to stay on Sunday. I work at a hotel and if this would have happened to any of our guests there would have been some sort of empathy towards my frustration but instead it was waved off by the front desk staff.

Also the bride spent a lot of time working on gift bags to be given to all her out of town guests that were staying at the hotel and almost no one received the gift bag, I have no idea where they went but it was not too the intended recipient.

I was told when I arrived that it would be bo problem to send the hotel shuttle out to the airport at 11:00pm to pick up a family member, when I went down to confirm the time for the shuttle they said it stopped running at 8pm and that I would need to call a cab. Which is fine, I understand that 11pm is late but they couldn't even give me a number for a cab.

On a plus side our room was clean and it's in a great location. Gabby (I believe) at the front desk was very nice and helpful.

Reading the other reviews I'm wondering if I just caught the hotel and staff on an off weekend.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
DoubletreeTLH, Director of Sales at Doubletree Hotel Tallahassee, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2012

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton. We appreciate your feedback as it will certainly be used as a tool to improve our service and efforts to providing an excellent guest experience.
Once again I apologize that your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Tallahassee did not meet your expectations and although actions were taken to solve the situations I regret to see it was not enough. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience so that we may come to a better solution, I have sent your a separate email with my contact information.

Reviewed 28 October 2012

Great choice for homecoming weekend! The staff is super friendly and located close to everything. The room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. We did have a connecting room and could have joined in on there conversation. I would have given it 5 stars but the rooms do need some updating, the bathtub/shower had mildew everywhere and the AC was noisy and didn't pull humidity out of the air.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Ldenta
Reviewed 20 October 2012

You could not choose a better place to stay in Tallahassee. Besides it's perfect location - we didn't need to rent a car for our university visit - It's like coming home to family. The hotel is a throwback in time to a place where people were always helpful, friendly, efficient, and extremely accommodating in the hotel industry. You can feel the proximity to Georgia - the South is evident in friendliness and warmth. Rooms are clean and comfortable, dining room and bar very good, Starbuck's in the lobby, computer room, pool, exercise room, free airport transportation, and a staff that is outstanding ... you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank klp1111
Reviewed 12 October 2012

This hotel is superb.It's right in the center of Tallahassee, the state capital. It offered us free airport connections. ( we were a group of 5 carrying over-sized items and the driver accommodate us just fine a- and for free ). The receptionist had everything read for us - with a warm freshly cooked "cookie" each . the room was large, clean and tidy with a great view over the city. A good nights sleep, with no problems at all. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
DoubletreeTLH, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Tallahassee, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2012

Thank you for your recent review of the DoubleTree by Hilton Tallahassee! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you in the near future.