“Excellent Location”

Doubletree Hotel Tallahassee
Ranked #7 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
“Excellent Location”
Reviewed 20 June 2013 via mobile

This was my second time at this hotel. It is centrally located for either FSU or if you need to be downtown this is a great choice.

The good:
-Location
-Breakfast buffet
-room size

The Bad
-Parking cost $8 or $12 and spaces are small
-Rooms need refreshing
-small fitness room for hotel size

• Stayed June 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 18 June 2013

A++++++++++++++++ hotwl, firat class. I first began staying at the Doubletree in Tallahassee 4 years ago and it quickly became my favortie place to travel. I travel Florida/Georgia/Puerto Rico in the law enforcement industry and generally spend 18-20 days on the road, sometimes more. What I found was, whenever I had a destination that would be within an hour or so of Tallahassee, I would book Doubletree. The facilities are top notch, the food in the bar/restaurant is very good, but the service from the employees is what has kept me coming back to this hotel over the years. I can call Abigail, Nick or Liz at the front, they know who I am when I call and all they say is we will have it ready for you. When I walk in, they have never forgotten my name, they automatically hand me my room key and make sure that I feel welcome and at home. Being able to come to a hotel that feels as comfortable as home is important to me. John, the manager, has done an incredible job at ensuring the highest level of service in every area of his facility and the best part is that everyone enjoys their job. All of the staff that work the front, whether it is 4 pm or 1 am, they know my name when I walk down there and they strive to ensure that I am happy and comfortable, that is important. In all of the hotels I have stayed in these beds are the most comfortable and provide the best nights sleep I have had.

In traveling for business, sometimes you dread the hotel stay, when I know I get to stay at the Doubletree I look forward to it. I know that when I walk in Nick or Liz will smile and ask me how everything is going, I know that Abigail will find me in the bar eating and make sure she spends some time talking with me. These little things mean the most because it makes everything else about my trip tolerable. My job is very high speed, to be able to enjoy the stay is worth it.

Best things about this property, first is staff, second is rooms, third is the cleanliness of everything and fourth is the staff. The staff make everything else even better than it already is.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 17 June 2013

When in Tallahassee no need to look for another hotel. It's conveniently located in the downtown area easy access to everything you could want. To include the campus of FSU / FAMU. The staff is great and the hotel is awesome. The hotel itself is a show place with a great restaurant and bar called Jacobs. Food is AWSOME. Our room everytime we stay is beautiful , very clean and featured a king bed, desk area, flat screen tv, wi-fi access, and an oversized bathroom. The staff is another reason for our return.. *John, the General Manager, *Nelda, oversees the office staff as well as the restaurant and bar area with the support of *Chris, *Francis , *KC and *Matt. 4 Star fashion for sure.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 16 June 2013

We won this hotel through a priceline bid for a visit to FSU and loved everything about the hotel. The rooms were very well appointed and we had a beautiful view of the downtown area from our window. The hotel is minutes from FSU and parking is free. The warm chocolate chip cookies offered upon check-in are a very nice treat!! Will definitely return!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Plantation, Florida
Reviewed 15 June 2013 via mobile

I preface this review by stating that the staff were as friendly and as accommodating as one would expect to find at any 5 star hotel. They were extremely pleasant, had timely and useful information and made sure that I had everything I needed. They were wonderful.

The hotel was dated and dirty. The wallpaper was separating from the wall. The carpet was stained in multiple places. The sheets were dirty to the point I slept in my daytime clothes.

Hotel cleanliness is a huge deal for me and, for that reason, I would stay elsewhere if I happened to travel to Tallahassee again.

• Stayed June 2013
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I come here frequently and like the fact that both the front desk staff and the dinning staff recognize me by name and are incredibly helpful and friendly. Did I say the burgers a really good...they are the best. A very good place to take associates.

Room Tip: Above the seventh floor and particularly on the south and west sides are some great views of the Cap...