“Comfortable Room, Friendly Staff, All Around Pleasing”

Doubletree Hotel Tallahassee
Ranked #7 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Full Time Business Traveler: This Doubletree is situated in the downtown area. I believe it is a 14 story building(??) nestled in some similarly sized buildings in the surrounding 5 or 6 blocks (close to the University too I believe) The building itself is not architecturally astonishing but it is generally pleasing.
Parking is tight (and is a cost). I believe they offer Valet and Self (I chose self due to company policy). It isn't the tightest garage I have had to park in but it is tight-ish (though nothing to get too worked up over). I did not venture out at all so I cannot say what is close enough to walk to, however, I strongly suspect there are eating places close enough to walk to.
Lobby is very nice/visually pleasing. Lounge/restaurant area appeared quite nice (though I did not use it at all). The staff was very friendly and helpful for my one night stay.
It has 3 Elevators available and, though it wasn't lighting fast, it was acceptable.
The room itself was very nice (huge window/nice view of the area). Bed and bedding is comfortable. Nice sized flat TV. Good amount of outlets available. Good work space area. Bathroom was small yet perfect for the room size. Water pressure and temp was good. Environmental controls kept the room nicely cool on demand.
Just an overall good, comfortable, easy experience. Definite 4 stars. I highly recommend this for travelers to Tallahassee who want toward the higher end of hotel accommodations.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank All-Fifty-2013
There are newer reviews for Doubletree Hotel Tallahassee

Reviewed 25 August 2013

As a frequent traveler to Tallahassee, I truly recommend this hotel.
I highly recommend this hotel to all types of travelers, whether you are in Tallahassee on business or visiting your son or daughter at one of the nearby colleges.

Accommodations are the best I have seen, by far, hands down.
Staff is very accommodating, restaurant is very good and rooms are very spacious.
Received complimentary internet service, as well delicious hot cookies.
Warm, friendly environment.
Computer room for all guests and very convenient Starbucks located within hotel.
Love the staff!

Room Tip: Speak with Jessica or Taylor at the front desk.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Marc J
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Incredible service, delightful staff, views of the city, clean room and comfortable beds.
An older hotel, but staff, cleanliness, restaurant within hotel and locality make up for it all.

With a son at FSU, this is my "home away from home." Taylor, Jessica, Andi and Liz are all very accommodating. Have stayed at several other hotels in Tallahassee and this one is the best by far. Most of the hotels in Tallahassee are older. Have stayed at the newer ones like the Duval, but they are not as accommodating and customer service does not compare.

Overall A+.

Room Tip: High floors are fabulous.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2013

My experience in this hotel was the worst experience in a hotel I have ever experienced in my life. I am suffering this week and is out of work due to suffering from the allergic reaction from mole appearance and the terrible gas like smell in my room.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DoubletreeTLH, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Tallahassee, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Thank you for your recent review. We do provide our apologies on your less than average overall experience as guest satisfaction is our top priority. I am glad to announce we are currently undergoing guestroom renovations and welcome you back to enjoy the new rooms. I will be glad to contact you personally and discuss this further.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

Accomodations were very good and the HotelStaff excellent. I did receive Complimentary Internet Service and refrigerator for husband's meds, as he is Diabetic. There was a designated Floor for Hilton Honors Members and that was a nice touch. I was told that there was renovations taking place, but it was not visible to us at the hotel.Overall, my staff was excellent and it was due to the engagement of your staff, from Housekeeping to the Front Desk. All smiles!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Patricia P
Reviewed 15 August 2013

This hotel is older. It has its share of wear and tear. However, the service is really great, exactly what you would expect from a Hilton property. The bed was also extremely comfortable. If I could make one recommendation it would be that free internet access in the guest rooms would be a great way to make up for the wear and tear.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank SouthernGal11
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We stayed at this property in Tallahassee to celebrate my husband's birthday. The desk staff waived our wi-fi fee, gave us complimentary parking, and threw in two free breakfast coupons. Even though the hotel is going through renovations, our room was still impressive. But the wallpaper was starting to split, so renovations were timely. Very clean with a nice view of downtown. The workers did start to work on the other rooms on our floor the next day, but by then we were already up and packing. You probably wouldn't want to stay on a floor they were working on if you wanted to sleep in. Nice property with congenial staff.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple