“Great hotel with a little improvement”

Doubletree Hotel Tallahassee
Ranked #7 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
Altamonte Springs, Florida
“Great hotel with a little improvement”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

This hotel is so convenient to so many things. You can walk to the Capitol on a nice day. The dining room needs to adjust for the temperature outside. It's been very cold in there when the weather is cold. So much that the food is cold pretty quick. But the staff is wonderful. They always have a smile on their faces and genuinely seem glad to have guests at their check-in desk! Overall, it's a nice hotel in a great location.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubletreeTLH, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree Hotel Tallahassee, responded to this review, 1 February 2014
Thank you so much for your review! The Doubletree by Hilton in downtown Tallahassee is such a short walk to the capitol building. We're glad you found our location so convenient and our staff genuine! We look forward to seeing you again!

Thanks,
Lauren

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
Ithaca
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I enjoyed our stay at this hotel, which is located blocks from the capitol and museums. The room was extremely clean, and very nice amenities. Especially the soaps and shampoos. The hallway was noisy and didn't have much soundproofing, but it was fine. We stayed 3 nights and didn't want to leave.
Front desk was very helpful, and the coffee and tea stand, although it could have had longer hours, was perfect. Serves Starbucks.
The parking garage for self parking, for a larger car, was tight but adequate. Just make sure you keep your room key to get in and out.
I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor for the view.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

this is usually just a last minute stay before an early flight but sometimes a weekend getaway. The staff are always great and dont forget the warm cookies upon checkin. Walking distance to several good restaurants as well. Consistantly a favorite place to stay.

• Stayed January 2014
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Great location. I attended a wedding in the downtown area and the hotel was in the perfect location. I was, however, disappointed that the room did not have a full length mirror in it. Sound-proofing could have been better as well. The staff was quick to respond to our needs.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubletreeTLH, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree Hotel Tallahassee, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Thank you for your review! We are so glad that you found the Doubletree by Hilton conveniently located in the downtown area. The closets in the rooms have full length mirror sliding doors for your convenience. We apologize for any noise you may have experienced during your stay. I'm glad the staff was quick to respond to your needs! We pride ourselves on great customer service. We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Guest Relations Manager
Mobile, United States
Reviewed 18 January 2014

The room was very clean and the staff could not have been more welcoming. There were only three negatives. The first, and most important, I paid for valet parking and discovered my car was left in the covered pull-up area out front instead of the parking garage due to the fact I have a manual transmission. I was not made aware of this or given the option to park the car myself. I was still billed for valet parking when I didn't even receive use of the parking garage. Second, the closet in the room had full-size doors on a narrow opening so it would not open wide enough to make practical use of. I had dress clothes that needed hanging, but had to drape them over the chair. Last, and minor, the coffee maker needed to be flushed from deposit build up. I heated water for tea, but the water had a fair amount of debri. Lovely hotel, but I could have spent less and received the same quality of stay elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Diana J
Orlando, United States
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I stayed at this property for two nights on business. The front desk staff was very helpful and provided me with local dining information. The room was very clean and quiet, and the restaurant had amazing food (and the servers were incredibly personable!)

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Tampa, United States
Reviewed 14 January 2014

The staff is very friendly and helpful. However when the tempatures dipped into the 30's no heat was supplied to the common areas of the hotel. My room tempature was very hard to adjust for those cold conditions. When I arrrived in my room it was colder inside than it was out! The deluxe room I booked came with a robe that was tattered and stained with what looked like fesces.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Martin F
Thank you for bringing these concerns to our attention. We apologize that your room was cold upon arrival. Our front desk and engineering staff are happy to assist guests with any heating or air issues that may arise. We strive to provide the best amenities to our guests. Please feel free to email me with any other concerns, as we would be happy to address any issues further.

Guest Relations Manager