“Rapper's Delight!”

Doubletree Hotel Tallahassee
Ranked #7 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed 22 June 2014

There was a rap group smoking pot there this week-- the staff and front desk were also annoyed but helpful and somewhat amused by it. Breakfast at the restaurant was average but free for me. Great bacon :)

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Joy A
Write a ReviewReviews (1,622)

995 - 1,001 of 1,622 reviews

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Arrived quite early, but within minutes Patsy had checked us into an available room. The warm cookies are a nice touch and she even went to the fridge and grabbed us a couple of bottles of iced water with her compliments. Although the hotel is looking a little tired and dated now, the friendliness and enthusiasm of the staff make sure that you don't really notice that. The location for the historic parts is excellent and I cannot recommend this hotel enough if you are visiting Talahasee. A special thank you to Patsy for being so helpful.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I stayed at the Doubletree Hotel Tallahassee for one night while moving my daughter in for Summer Term at FSU. The hotel is located downtown, right down the street from Florida State. was presented with two warm Doubletree cookies upon check-in, which as simple and efficient. I asked if they had transportation to the airport and found out there was a complimentary shuttle, which was a big plus. I used Hilton Honors points for my stay, and they comped me the $9.95/night Internet fee, which was nice.

The room was spacious and well-appointed. I had requested a quiet room on a high floor, so they put me at the end of the hall on the 11th floor. The bathroom was neat and clean as well. My room faced the Florida Capitol building and overlooked the hotel pool. There was absolutely no street noise, however, the walls are extremely thin. I could hear my neighbor's television as if it was in my own room. I could also hear adults and children talking down the hall. I don't fault Doubletree for that, but would just like to warn light sleepers like myself that the walls are thin.

I was also disappointed that I was unable to print my boarding pass for Silver Airways from the business center because the computers were not equipped with PDF readers (which I found odd).

The in-room coffee from the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf was excellent and I loved that they offered plenty of creamer. I had a muffin from the Starbucks in the lobby that was delicious , as well. Every staff member that I encountered was friendly and helpful. The airport shuttle was efficient and the driver was friendly as well.

I would recommend this hotel for anyone who is visiting Tallahassee to go to FSU or any government agencies downtown. The location is convenient and the staff can't be beat. Please be aware that they do charge a nightly fee for both internet access and parking, though, and if you are a light sleeper, you might want to bring earplugs.

Room Tip: Request a room on a high floor away from other guests, if possible.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I have stayed at this location before and i loved it. That is why i chose to book my stay here again. This time I was very happy again Except for the Cleaning services. My daughter and i left our room at 8:30 am and returned to the room at 10:30pm. When we returned we realised that our beds had not been changed nor the towels on the floor freshened. I was not very happy about this at all We were very tired after spending the day at FSU for my daughters orientation. I was planning on returning to this location for the next 4 years while she is attending the University. But i am not sure now.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Very Good hotel centrally located 2 blocks from State Capitol. Covered Parking. Excellent service. Will return if in the area again. Nice lobby, Starbucks on the premises. Older building but overall well kept.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 June 2014

This DoubleTree, is the worse I've ever stayed at. I will NEVER stay here again. The hotel is extremely old & despite the attempt to renovate the property with "lip stick & make up" this hotel is in need of a 100% mommy make over /Plastic Surgery. The walls creak; you can hear the pipes in the wall. The walls are super thin; you can hear people talking in the hallway. The rooms do not have a TV guide. The girls at the front desk have to copy, cut & give you a piece of paper with the tv channel line up. This property is more on the level of the Econo Lodge. The staff told me a better hotel option for future stays in Tallahassee is: The Aloft (because its new) & The Autograph Hotel Duval by Marriott.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The best thing I can say is close to the stadium for games! Was there for a conference and never had the occasion to say I had a "rubber chicken" dinner...I can now. Awful and servers were clueless on so many fronts. Cocktail time and all they had a Publix DIET tonic, small bottles....second G&T was poured by a young lady who was clueless....no pourer spout, she filled the glass with Gin...no tonic, handed to me and said sorry....Really? Well was probably better than DIET Tonic! They have children working here and there is no adult supervision.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business