“Great location, so-so hotel”

Doubletree Hotel Tallahassee
Ranked #7 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed 24 June 2014

If you are visiting the capitol for "capitol" reasons, you couldn't ask for a better location. The hotel itself is dated, not in great repair, charges for internet access, and is not even to the standard of a comfort suites. Who charges for internet access these days? Even Disney doesn't do that anymore.

1  Thank Lydia S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,635)

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Next time, I'll ask in advance for a room with all polyester materials. Did not know there was still a hotel where most of the rooms were still full of duck down feather pillows AND bed comfortor blankets. The first night I had to pile all the blankets and pillows in the corner. BUT, they did bring me a poly' pillow the next day and let me keep all the feather stuff piled in the small closet with the doors closed. So part of it was was just not knowing this in advance, REQUEST a room with polyester bedding.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I have stayed at many Hiltons around the country and by far, this hotel was the worse. The room / décor was very dated, the AC window unit was very, very loud. The room number was 418. It would run for 2-minutes, shut off for 30-seconds and then go on again. The only way to get sleep was to turn the unit off - which I did. I woke up in the morning with three welts on my leg - looked like something had bit me. Would not stay at this hotel or recommend it to anyone of my friends - very disappointed as I always thought of the Hilton as an upscale, modern, clean hotel. Had I not been running late for my business meeting, I would had taken the time to complain at the front desk, I appreciate the opportunity to provide feedback via this survey.

1  Thank Ron V
DoubletreeTLH, Front Office Manager at Doubletree Hotel Tallahassee, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us. We appreciate your honest input on our service and appointment and sincerely apologize for our missteps in service and appointment. We will use your comments as we continue to evolve our guests' experience moving forward and we hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction. If we may be of any additional assistance or if you would like to discuss your stay further, please do not hesitate to contact our offices directly.

Michelle

Reviewed 24 June 2014

My room was very nice, and this hotel has a lot of amenities. My room was tastefully decorated and comfortable. The housekeeping staff did a terrific job preparing and maintaining the room during my stay. Front desk staff were welcoming, efficient, and I enjoyed the famous Doubletree cookie. The hotel was perfectly located just a block or two from the capitol and there was plenty of dining and entertainment venues nearby. The only downer was that I was booked into a floor that I shared with a touring rap group intent on partying like "rock stars." Shortly after midnight, the hallway was a cloud of smoke, band entourage running up and down the halls, loud singing and conversations, lots of door knocking/slamming, milling around in the parking lot and pool areas (which were supposed to be closed). I wouldn't put too much on Doubletree Tallahassee, but I think the night staff could have been more assertive about shutting down the party and getting police involved. Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep, bad luck for me I guess.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

This hotel was lovely, rooms were very nice and comfortable and clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful, restaurant was excellent, location was also great. I would definitely recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Brenda D
Reviewed 22 June 2014

There was a rap group smoking pot there this week-- the staff and front desk were also annoyed but helpful and somewhat amused by it. Breakfast at the restaurant was average but free for me. Great bacon :)

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Joy A
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Arrived quite early, but within minutes Patsy had checked us into an available room. The warm cookies are a nice touch and she even went to the fridge and grabbed us a couple of bottles of iced water with her compliments. Although the hotel is looking a little tired and dated now, the friendliness and enthusiasm of the staff make sure that you don't really notice that. The location for the historic parts is excellent and I cannot recommend this hotel enough if you are visiting Talahasee. A special thank you to Patsy for being so helpful.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple