“Double Tree Tallahassee” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
Ormond Beach, United States
“Double Tree Tallahassee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

My family stayed at the Double Tree to attend the Krikorian FSU Soccer Camp. Great accommodations! We enjoyed the view of the city and were able to walk in downtown Tallahassee. Also, we were very close to the FSU soccer fields. Centrally located and very clean.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
Lake Worth, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

From the service to the location, everything about this hotel was outstanding. The minute I walked in, I was greeted by the “Cookie King” himself, GM John Kelly, who escorted me to the desk to check-in. The front desk staff was all smiles and very helpful. My room was pleasantly spacious, complete with mini fridge and a beautiful view of the capitol. The location of Doubletree was in the heart of downtown. I was able to walk to FSU, the capitol, great local restaurants, and more. I will definitely be staying here again next time I visit my daughter at FSU.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

My daughter has been at FSU for 3 years now and we've always loved staying at the Doubletree!! Ever since our first stay we were surprised to see that the GM, John Kelly was always there talking to guests! And just like all of our other visits, we were welcomed by the front desk staff with a (dangerously good) Doubletree cookieand . Shout out to Michelle, Morgan, Liz, and Sophia for always remembering us and making us feel at home with every visit. Other than the outstanding staff, we had a beautiful view from our room window which was a definitely a plus. Will always try to stay there if possible.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank JCuello
Norcross, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

A nice hotel only there was no mini fridge and I could not turn the air conditioner off or down because it was "located in a remote area" it read on the label where the dials should be. I've had a better stay at the Ramada Inn and no offense to Ramada I love that place but I also pay way less to stay there and get more amenities than the over priced Double Tree.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night on points while touring the state. We unloaded our luggage and parked in the car park. Not a bad price at $7. We were given a room on the Honors floor which overlooked the Capitol. The room was large and clean. The layout of the air con made one bed a bit drafty. When I asked about Wifi I was told to select the charge it option and they would not charge it to my bill. The location allows you to walk to the Capitol in this lovely city.

Stayed July 2014
Saint Augustine, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed here for a baseball tournament. The front desk staff was very accommodating and helpful. The pool area, fitness center, and other amenities were exceptional. The only issue we had was with housekeeping. Most days, our room was not cleaned until after 4:00. Clearly, they were understaffed in that department.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Jacksonville, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

I booked this hotel through the Hilton website with their "guaranteed lowest rate", which did not include a charge for wi-fi or parking. The room itself, which was on the HHonors floor, was nice with recently renovated features, twelve foot ceilings, and large windows overlooking the capitol and park. I paid to self-park in their garage, but the gates are never in the "down" position so the garage is always very full with locals. Being able to go in and out at will was, on one hand, a good thing since the key scanner never worked and the hotel staff themselves told me to pull a ticket to get in and not to worry about leaving since the gate was always up, but on the other hand, someone trashed my car while in the garage and I now have to pay an insurance deductible to get it repaired. Why was I required to pay for garage parking when all of Tallahassee uses it for free? The front desk simply said it was "policy" and I could be subject to overnight towing if I parked there without paying. Considering that probably 50% of the spaces are filled with people who are not guests, I find this hard to believe. Additionally, while at an FSU function, I received a flyer that said if I booked the hotel for that stay, my room would be half the price I paid, plus I would have free wi-fi and free parking. Again, the desk was unsympathetic since I had already given them my money. This was my third Hilton trip recently, and I have 2 more trips with Hilton coming up. I have had such terrible experience with Hilton on these last trips that I'm canceling my Hilton reservations and will be booking with Marriott from now on. Do yourself a favor and do not stay at this hotel until they get their management and garage issues figured out.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank MierGen
DoubletreeTLH, Front Office Manager at Doubletree Hotel Tallahassee, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
We sincerely appreciate your feedback and are very disappointed to hear that your stay with us was not all that you expected. We assure you that we're reviewing your concerns about the parking situation and your experience with our front office. We value your business and would like the opportunity to serve you again. Please feel free to contact us so we can speak with you directly about your concerns.

Kind regards,