“Hit every branch on the way down of the double tree”

Doubletree Hotel Tallahassee
Ranked #6 of 54 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed 18 August 2014

The staff was excellent. The first night was awful we arrived late checked in got to the room which was nicely appointed. Turned the air down as it was warm in there. The a/c was loud and we tried to make it through the night as it did not cool the room. We didn't sleep. I thought my husband was sleeping and he thought I was sleeping so he didn't complain.
Once we let the front desk know the following morning they said they would drop a new a/c while we were out for the day. They kept their word and did fix it and night two went much better. The valet was slow as they only have one on duty so if possible I would self park as it took us 15 minutes to get the car making us late to meet my son which was the whole purpose of driving 7 hours to Tallahassee.
Overall I would stay there again. It is clean and comfortable which is most important to me.
We are Hilton honors members and just thought the room should be perfect upon arrival as you stay on a floor reserved just for Hilton honor members.

Room Tip: The views on any side are pleasant. It is conveniently located near Florida State University.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

In general, this hotel was very nice. Staff was friendly and helpful. Housekeeping was very good. Bed was very comfortable. Room for improvement is in the wi-fi provided. I found it impossible to get on even while staying on the Honors floor. Wi-fi should be an 'automatic' part of the cost of staying in a hotel that wants business bookings. Also, this is the first Hilton hotel I've stayed in that didn't include complimentary coffee available in the lobby for guests in the morning. Starbucks is good, but I've never had to pay extra for coffee at any other Hilton (including DoubleTree) anywhere else.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

The staff is friendly and attentive. The rooms were what I expected and the air was cold. Parking isn't easy and should be included in the room rate. Parking is 8.00 a night, as a traveler I hate the extras that hotels nails you with. The pizza in Jacob's was really good and worth the money.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 1EricMenken
Reviewed 13 August 2014

CUSTOMER SERVICE IS TOP SHELF.

Every person from check in to housekeeping to breakfast staff was exemplary customer service.

I have been concerned that HILTON has been downward spiraling until I stayed at this hotel on a visit to my niece who was doing a special presentation at FSU. This one saved my opinion on HILTON.

Every other HILTON should stay at this hotel to learn what customer service is supposed to be like. Being a customer , I feel like It should be a pleasure that I chose to stay at Hilton, as there are MANY hotels to choose from. This hotel NAILED it....... from pleasurable smiles, to genuine thank yous, and going above and beyond .... truly a pleasure to stay here.

Keep up the good job guys, whenever im in this town, im definitely staying at the DOUBLETREE.

1  Thank SFLA954_TRAVELER
DoubletreeTLH, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Tallahassee, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to right a review about our property after your recent stay. We're so glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to having you with us the next time you are in Tallahassee.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Being a government contractor, I spend many nights in hotels. I will say, I had stayed at this hotel many years ago and it was not a great experience. Since it had been about 10 years since my last stay here I figured I would give them another try. I am very happy that I did! The hotel staff are very nice and accommodating. The rooms are clean and smell clean. I haven't had a complaint for the hotel in the 2 weeks since I have arrived, and plan to book here again on my next contract. The manager Mr. Kelly does an excellent job of following up with the guests to make sure they are happy.

Room Tip: I haven't had an issue with the elevators noise at night, but if you are a light sleeper you may...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review on our property. I'm very glad to hear that you gave our hotel another try and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

The room as clean, but very humid. The room never got cool even when the air was placed on 62. The sheets, towels, and overall feel of the room was moist, sticky, very damp. The halls and elevator also felt this way. May or may not stay there again, the rates are fairly high and but is close to FSU campus where my daughter goes. Guess its a trade off!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DoubletreeTLH, Front Office Manager at Doubletree Hotel Tallahassee, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our property. We do value all reviews positive and negative, so we are able to make improvements where needed. The issues during your stay will be addressed to the correct departments. We do hope you choose to stay with us again the next time you are here to visit your daughter at FSU.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Have stayed here two times in the last three weeks. I am beyond not impressed....

At check in the staff was absoultly fantastic. Top of form. they welcomed me greated me as a Hilton Diamond member and made me feel welcome. The lobby is nice clean and welcoming.

Unfortunatly... the staff is one of only two good things about this hotel from what I can tell. The first time I stayed at this hotel I was put on the 16th floor (perfect I love high floors).... The room was just okay. you can tell they had tried to renovate the room but it looked like they used a sub standard company to do the work. the bathtub/shower fixtures were pulling out of the wall in the shower. The room could not get cold due to the Issues with the Hotel HVAC system. The Hallway air is pushed into the room from under and around the door. This Air is HOT and Humid and over powers the rooms AC system. DO NOT stay on the 15 and 16th floors if you do not like humitiy or it cold.

On my second stay I was upgraded to a Jr Suite (1515). The HVAC issue was so bad that in the extra closet there is a Drop down ceiling... The air is pushing the panels upso that the air can exscape. With two AC units running the room never went bellow 75 degrees (I typicaly like to sleep around 70) When I reported the issue upon check out it was treated like this is new information and nobody has ever complained about it.

The breakfast Buffet and Staff was very good and had a nice selection.

The purpose of a Hotel is to give you a good and restful sleep in a clean safe environment. Unfortunatly this hotel failed both times as it is hard to have a restfull night sleep when your sweating in the bed. The hotel is Safe. The Hotel is Avergae on cleanliness.

Room Tip: Avoid Rooms on the 15th and 16th floors...They are the Hilton Honnors floors. Make sure you "D...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
DoubletreeTLH, Guest Services at Doubletree Hotel Tallahassee, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

We're so glad we had the chance to serve you during your recent stay and that you found our staff welcoming and accommodating. We regret that your room situation was not as comfortable and understand your frustration. All of our guests should expect clean, comfortable rooms and we regret we fell short of providing this. We are making every effort to address this and invite you to contact us if you would like to discuss your concerns. We hope you'll consider giving us another chance to serve you.

Kind regards,