“Room with a great view”

Ranked #8 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
Naples, Italy
“Room with a great view”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Our room was a good size. It overlooked a pretty park and since it was on the 7th floor it also had a nice view of the skyline. It was a great location for taking my daughter to FSU. We got a great price from Priceline, so I can't speak to that. Our problems were a very loud AC and being next to a noisy ice machine as well as the vending machines. At 6 am the man was there to change out the machine and woke me to his loud banging. I mentioned these issues to the front desk, so hopefully it will be addressed. The breakfast buffet was good, but very pricey for the limited fair that included eggs, bacon, sausage, french toast,fruit, yogurt and cereal. I was also not told that the parking was an extra charge until I got my bill. It was $8 for the night. We were greeted with a nice hot cookie.

Room Tip: away from vending machines. Ask for a view of the park
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 18 August 2014

The only reason why I give this hotel a four star rating is because of the wifi. It was 9.95 a day so I couldn't really use my phone. Not a big deal though. I loved the Crabtree and Evelyn products in the bathroom. The beds were soooo comfortable. I will be back for my next stay in Tallahassee

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Tamarac, Florida
Reviewed 18 August 2014

The staff was excellent. The first night was awful we arrived late checked in got to the room which was nicely appointed. Turned the air down as it was warm in there. The a/c was loud and we tried to make it through the night as it did not cool the room. We didn't sleep. I thought my husband was sleeping and he thought I was sleeping so he didn't complain.
Once we let the front desk know the following morning they said they would drop a new a/c while we were out for the day. They kept their word and did fix it and night two went much better. The valet was slow as they only have one on duty so if possible I would self park as it took us 15 minutes to get the car making us late to meet my son which was the whole purpose of driving 7 hours to Tallahassee.
Overall I would stay there again. It is clean and comfortable which is most important to me.
We are Hilton honors members and just thought the room should be perfect upon arrival as you stay on a floor reserved just for Hilton honor members.

Room Tip: The views on any side are pleasant. It is conveniently located near Florida State University.
Clarksburg, United States
Reviewed 16 August 2014

In general, this hotel was very nice. Staff was friendly and helpful. Housekeeping was very good. Bed was very comfortable. Room for improvement is in the wi-fi provided. I found it impossible to get on even while staying on the Honors floor. Wi-fi should be an 'automatic' part of the cost of staying in a hotel that wants business bookings. Also, this is the first Hilton hotel I've stayed in that didn't include complimentary coffee available in the lobby for guests in the morning. Starbucks is good, but I've never had to pay extra for coffee at any other Hilton (including DoubleTree) anywhere else.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Orlando
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

The staff is friendly and attentive. The rooms were what I expected and the air was cold. Parking isn't easy and should be included in the room rate. Parking is 8.00 a night, as a traveler I hate the extras that hotels nails you with. The pizza in Jacob's was really good and worth the money.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank 1EricMenken
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 13 August 2014

CUSTOMER SERVICE IS TOP SHELF.

Every person from check in to housekeeping to breakfast staff was exemplary customer service.

I have been concerned that HILTON has been downward spiraling until I stayed at this hotel on a visit to my niece who was doing a special presentation at FSU. This one saved my opinion on HILTON.

Every other HILTON should stay at this hotel to learn what customer service is supposed to be like. Being a customer , I feel like It should be a pleasure that I chose to stay at Hilton, as there are MANY hotels to choose from. This hotel NAILED it....... from pleasurable smiles, to genuine thank yous, and going above and beyond .... truly a pleasure to stay here.

Keep up the good job guys, whenever im in this town, im definitely staying at the DOUBLETREE.

1 Thank SFLA954_TRAVELER
DoubletreeTLH, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Tallahassee, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to right a review about our property after your recent stay. We're so glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to having you with us the next time you are in Tallahassee.
Palm Beach
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Being a government contractor, I spend many nights in hotels. I will say, I had stayed at this hotel many years ago and it was not a great experience. Since it had been about 10 years since my last stay here I figured I would give them another try. I am very happy that I did! The hotel staff are very nice and accommodating. The rooms are clean and smell clean. I haven't had a complaint for the hotel in the 2 weeks since I have arrived, and plan to book here again on my next contract. The manager Mr. Kelly does an excellent job of following up with the guests to make sure they are happy.

Room Tip: I haven't had an issue with the elevators noise at night, but if you are a light sleeper you may...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your review on our property. I'm very glad to hear that you gave our hotel another try and we look forward to your next stay with us.