1,723 results
All reviewscookiesjohn kellydouble treeparking garagefront deskheart of downtownfsu campusbreakfast buffetcapitol buildingflorida state universitybusiness tripthe entire staffstaff was friendlyjacobslobbyvaletgm
Reviewed 22 February 2010

I traveled to Tallahassee and stayed at the Doubletree for one evening. I had stayed here about two years previously.

While the hotel is in need of an upgrade, the facility is neat, clean and tidy. I was on the 15th floor and had a room with a king sized bed overlooking the capital. The room was great and the bed comfortable. The flat screen TV, the lights which could be dimmed easily and the easy to control thermostat made it most like home.

I ate in the bar and restaurant and was pleasantly surprised. After an extemely long day at the office I was not in the mood to venture out and found the cobb salad to be great! In particular, it happened to be their happy hour with $4 wine and it made me happy to see thta I didn't spend a fortune that evening.

Although I had a free brakfast buffet (Hilton Honors Gold) the following morning, I had to fly out and be on the road prior to the 6:30 restaurant opening. The next time I am in Tallahassee, I will again stay here.

The staff were friendly and helpful and I had no complaints.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
DoubletreeTLH, Sales Assistant at Doubletree Hotel Tallahassee, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2010

We are delighted to hear you had a pleasant stay at the Doubletree while in Tallahassee, FL. Additionally, we are pleased to read of your enjoyable ding experience at our on-site restaurant Jacob's on the plaza. We look forward to welcoming you back to the property the next time you are in Tallahassee. Upon return hopefully your schedule will allow you sample our breakfast buffet- with almost every morning meal option you are sure to be satisfied. Thank you for your response and safe travels until we see you again.

Reviewed 19 February 2010

As a frequent business traveler, I often marvel at hotel chains that spend fortunes on the physical presence of their properties and so little money in training and motivating their employees. At the Doubletree Tallahassee, the opposite is true. The physical presence is in need of a serious upgrade - the property is clean but in serious need of an upgrade in carpet, etc. Its the hotel staff and management that make this a truly exemplary property. From the hotel manager who is visible on the property at all hours, day and night, to the front desk and restaurant staff, they exude a charm and caring for their guests that makes you believe that they are truly glad to see you - they really are.

I have stayed in 5 star properties throughout the world and have rarely, if ever seen customer service of this quality.

If you travel to Tally, stay here! Its not the prettiest hotel you've seen, but the management and staff will make sure that you are welcome.!!

Reviewed 18 February 2010

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel while she interviewed at FSU. It was very nice with many amenities that made our stay enjoyable. We were on the Hilton Honors floor and our room had a mini-fridge which was very convenient. We had two breakfasts and two
dinners in the hotel dining room and thought that the food was very good and the service great. Our room had a huge window overlooking the city which was pretty both during the day and at night. There were several restaurants to walk to if you didn't want to eat at the hotel. Room was clean and the beds were fabulously comfortable. I will definitely stay here again when we return to Tallahassee.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 February 2010

First off, we were recommended by the Hilton Garden Inn, as they were sold out tonight.

The fresh baked, warm cookies at the front desk are a nice touch... Not knowing anything about the area, my colleagues and I decided to have a bite in Jacob's, the hotel restaurant adjacent to the lobby. Not only was the food delicious, but the service was exemplary! The portions were huge and the food didn't taste like traditional 'hotel food', as I was fearing. Three of us had the Chicken Creole with sauteed seasonal veggies - yum! My friend had the Philly Steak sandwich - wow! He loved his, too!

Our server, Jessica Bird (we asked her last name after it was clear that we were going to comment on her super service) rocked us with her anticipation to our needs. Her warm nature was pleasant and greatly welcomed. We visit monthly for business and will definitely be back the next time we do business here.

Reviewed 4 February 2010

Over the last ten years I have stayed at this hotel on and off for business. My experiences have all been consistantly wonderful (location, accomidations, food, and service). If I have to go to Tallahassee I will always choose the Doubletree.