1,723 results
All reviewscookiesjohn kellydouble treeparking garagefront deskheart of downtownfsu campusbreakfast buffetcapitol buildingflorida state universitybusiness tripthe entire staffstaff was friendlyjacobslobbyvaletgm
Reviewed 7 April 2010

Mr. John Kelly and his staff (especially Nalda) went above and beyond what one could ever expect we were made to feel very welcome! The intire Hotel was immaculate and was VERY appealing inside and out! The downtown location is PERFECT & is centrally located! The food was appealing & VERY delicious, HOT & it was kept at an excellant temperature! The staff kept everything filled on the Buffet with many items to choose from, NOT once did we ever have to ask for any items, NEVER have I been to a hotel where everyone worked together to make everything flow so evenly! Where the staff made sure you always had a full glass without you needing to ask & you always had ice in your drink & the staff kept the tables cleared & clean & were ALWAYS very polite and respectful & very friendly. ALL staff took pride in the service they provided to each & everyone of us! This was my 2nd year to visit The Doubletree Hotel & I might add it will NOT be my last either!. John you are a REAL professional & you have an outstanding personality! Thank you for making our long trip so enjoyable & we look forward to our trip again next year & many more years to come! Keep up the GOOD work! You & Nalda deserve a very nice raise each year, you both are definately an ASSETT to Doubletree! I have been bragging on the staff & you, John to all my friends & neighbors.

RESPECTFULLY,
BARBARA J. STAMM, BROKER/OWNER
STAMM REALTY, LLC
[--]

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
DoubletreeTLH, Sales Assistant at Doubletree Hotel Tallahassee, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2010

Ms. Stamm, Thank you so very much for your wonderful review on Trip Advisor. Guest satisfaction is in deed among our top priority and we are so very pleased you enjoyed your stay. Each and every staff member is expected to go above and beyond to deliver to our guests a wonderful experience while at our property. We are also thrilled you enjoyed your dining experience. Our restaurant staff at “Jacob’s on the Plaza” further extends our guests are top priority commitment and promise a pleasant time in our dining room. Again, thank you for your complements and we look forward to again welcoming YOU (friends, family, and neighbors) to the Doubletree Hotel Tallahassee.

Reviewed 7 April 2010

If you have a need for hotel accommodation in Tallassee for downtown, the Capitol, FSU, etc, there simply isn't any other choice comparable to The Doubletree Tallahassee. It's location is convenient to everything. The efficiency of the staff is exceeded only by their friendliness. The food was excellent. The prices were right! The accommodations and amenities met my needs exactly! I rarely write a review, but I seriously could not understand why anyone would choose anything other than The Doubletree Tallahassee for their Tallahassee, Florida, business trip, business meetings or vacation. And when you go to the restaurant.......say hello to Nalda! The best!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
DoubletreeTLH, Sales Assistant at Doubletree Hotel Tallahassee, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2010

We appreciate your recent post on Trip Advisor. How wonderful it is to hear that you had a positive experience in all aspects of your stay at our property. In travels a great trip can be tarnished by just one particular instance. We pride ourselves in offering a great well rounded stay to each guest. We constantly evaluate and fine tune each element at the Doubletree Tallahassee with service training, varying menu selections, updating amenities, etc. If your travels again bring you to Tallahassee we would love to welcome you with a warm smile and stay that is sure to be pleasant in each and every way. Safe travels.

Reviewed 7 April 2010

I am the CEO of a 1,300 member REALTOR Association and every year we travel to Tallahassee for the Florida Realtors Great American Realtor Days. The hotel staff makes my job easy they are just the best, the service is outstanding at the Doubletree. The manager and his staff cater to all your needs, and there is just no words to describe the food, it is just great. Nalda is the best cook and her food is to die for, I wouldn't stay anywhere else. It is always nice not to have to worry about every little detail when I travel especially when I bring 30-50 members with me. It todays world people complaint about everything but I can say - "I never get a complaint from the members about their stay or the service of the Doubletree".

"If you know anyone that wants the best place to stay in Tallahassee tell them it is the Doubletree" - I have been traveling to Tallahassee now for my job for over 20 years and believe me I have been in many other Hotels in that city.

Our group started attending the Florida Realtors Tallahassee event years ago, we had only a few members traveling. Now we travel in a tour bus and always go directly to the Doubletree. I believe even more members will take part in the trip and a lot of the reason is because of the service they receive from the hotel. We already have plans to go next year.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor review. We here at the Doubletree hotel are pleased you enjoy hosting your annual realty event in Tallahassee and thank you for your continued loyalty to our property. We know our guest and particularly group business is at the heart of our success. We all enjoy working with various groups and learning the specific needs of many repeat groups (from culinary particulars to room preferences). We understand the tremendous efforts spent preparing for a conference. Once you arrive at our property you needn’t worry about the details- that is the duty of our staff. Again we express our gratitude and look forward to welcoming you all again next year…

Reviewed 29 March 2010

We decided to stay at the Doubletree based on its good reviews and because we thought it would be a good stopping point on our trip back from Orlando and had a pool. On the morning before our arrival, we realized that we had overestimated how long it would take to get home, and called asking to cancel our reservation. We were told it was less than 24 hours, so they would charge us the full amount. Since we were going to be charged, we decided not to cancel and maybe take a look around Florida State. When we drove up to the hotel, there were guys with mohawks and other rough looking characters standing around the front door. At that moment, we should have kept driving. The sink in our room had no hot water and the wallpaper was peeling off the walls. All night long we heard doors opening and slamming shut. My impression was that numerous people were gathered and/or staying in each room. Several pizzas were delivered at various times throughout the late evening.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Joe-Leene

Our apologies. Our staff strives to offer complete guest satisfaction as we would have been more than happy to address each and every issues you all encountered on your trip to Tallahassee. We are not satisfied unless our guests are!

Reviewed 24 March 2010

I arranged this hotel for my parents and I for 1 night before a meeting at the Capital. I called ahead and made the arrangements with the hotel so all my parents charges would automatically go on my card. This was set up quick and easily by their front desk. This hotel is not new by any means but Id much rather stay here then the cardboard box options as this is Tallahassee only true full-service hotel. Staff were generally courteous and the hotel was tidy and clean but it was too outdated, and not personalized enough service was to be really anything much more then a 3 Star to me. But then again what can one expect in a town this size?

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank bmw745ion19s
DoubletreeTLH, Sales Assistant at Doubletree Hotel Tallahassee, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2010

We are pleased you chose our property for your trip to the capital city. We do pride ourselves on the fact that we are a full service hotel as we feel guests enjoy all the conveniences a full service property offers complimented by our staffs' commitment to to guest service. When your travels bring you to the quaint Capital City of Tallahassee we would love the pleasure of hosting you and your family again and invite you to sit back relax and enjoy all that we have to offer.