“Good value - near places to eat”

TownePlace Suites Tallahassee North/Capital Circle
Ranked #33 of 54 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed 27 April 2013

Worth driving an extra 2 miles off the freeway, this wasn't a bad place to stay. Some of the other reviews scared us a bit, but we wanted to be able to walk to a real resteraunt for dinner (Ruby Tuesdays or Codys) so we took the chance. It was clean, it was comfortable and the price was right. Maybe we got lucky in a room, but I think it was just fine. The 'grab & go' breakfast thing was perfect- most places offer only sugar & carbs... here we even had healthy & simple choices. Worked for us even better! The people at the front desk were nice and helpful, too.

Room Tip: The pool area can get noisy, if the hotel is crowded you'd rather be on a top floor so you don...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amy B

Reviewed 14 April 2013

We have been looking for 2 bedroom suites that are economical, clean, and safe. This place fit the bill for us. It was nearly half the cost of your typical 2 bedroom suite. Yes, it is a bit dated but that was not much of a concern for us. Space trumps style for us nearly every time. I did notice a funky smell in the stairwell closest to the front desk but assumed it was result of cleaning solution, knowing that they accept pets-- I figured that is a possibility. The front desk staff was very friendly and accommodating. When we go back to Tally, we plan on making this our home away from home again.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Winnie S
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Compared to other Marriott properties, this one feels a bit dated. The staff is friendly and my room was mostly clean. The hotel had a typical perfume smell to it and the glasses, plates and utensils were a bit sparse. A grab-n-go continental breakfast was available but nothing special. There is a small outdoor pool but it's tiny. The room was okay but my biggest complaint was that the flow of the room was horrible. I couldn't see the tv from the bed which really annoyed me. I may stay here in the future when in a pinch but it won't be my first choice.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 April 2013

My normal hotel in Tallahassee in the Marriott line was higher than normal so I gave TownPlace a try instead and I am glad I did. The value for the size of room was really nice. These appear to be apartments or condo's that have been converted to hotels? Whatever the case, you have a kitchen, living/dining room, and bedroom with ample space in bath area. It's close to a variety of eating options just up the road and not far from interstate. I plan to make this my normal stop whenever I visit Tallahassee.
I also wanted to say that the staff is really friendly too.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 March 2013

My family of five stayed for one night in a two bedroom suite. The hotel is a couple of miles off of I-10, and is on a small hill to the right. One could pass the hotel if not paying attention. Ample parking that presented no problem for my Super Duty truck.

Check in took all of five minutes. The room was spotless. Both bedrooms had TVs as did the living room. They weren't flat panel TVs but that's not a concern for me. The room was nicely equipped with kitchenette, dishes, silverware, refrigerator/freezer, etc. The mattresses were very soft--too soft for me but that's a personal preference. The sofa pulled out into a bed; linens were in one of the bedroom closets. Strong water pressure in the shower.

Breakfast was grab n go instead of the full breakfast at a Residence Inn, for example. That was fine with us.

We didn't use the pool, exercise room, or wi-fi so I can't comment on those.

The two bedroom suite cost the same as a regular room at other hotels. A VERY good value! I will stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 22 March 2013

First time staying with this hotel, All other hotels were booked in town,due to a capital session meeting, so they had one room and I needed it for business, I'm glad I had the opportunity to stay here! The front desk very upbeat and the staff professional, But the rooms surely need a upgrade, the TV was very small and in the middle of the room,on a night stand table, but it served its purpose, the bed was comfy, the room was very clean and the windows you can open for some fresh air, which was a plus! galley kitchen with a dishwasher, and full size fridge, but no table to eat on, only the desk area?? but it worked out fine, Would stay again! quite and many places to eat at in the area, walk-able distance too!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 March 2013

No bad, but obviously an older property that hasn't been updated since opening. To the management's credit however, they keep the place spotlessly clean, & the front desk personnel are unfailingly courteous & helpful. Haven't seen old TV's from the 80-90's in a hotel room in so long I had forgotten what they looked like, until checking in here. Nice location & surroundings, but the owners are long-past due to invest in the facility.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends