“Stayed in newly renovated part” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of TownePlace Suites Tallahassee North/Capital Circle

TownePlace Suites Tallahassee North/Capital Circle
Ranked #34 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
Alpharetta, Georgia
“Stayed in newly renovated part”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

We stayed several nights in the newly renovated part of the suites hotel. We are here with a funeral party and liked it enough to put the rest of the out of town guests there. Convenient location to major roads and I-10. Rooms were certainly adequate and comfortable. We were happy for the price. As a matter of fact, we are jostling family around, and we will be back in Town place Suites Friday and Saturday nights. Don't know if we'll be put in new renovated rooms this time or not... May not like older rooms as well... We'll see...

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Alpharetta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

Usually a Hilton-brand business traveler but decided to give Marriott a try. I've switched back. Seemed reasonably clean but was shocked after working a hard 13-hour day to come back to learn that someone (?!) had been smoking in my room like a forest fire with the facility marked as "smoke free" no less! I must assume it was the cleaning staff as nothing was missing. Appliances in the "suite" were somewhat dated but functional. Breakfast was well below par for what I've come to expect as a business traveler.: Cellophane-wrapped muffins, dehydrated oatmeal, boxes of cold cereal, and a little fruit. At least the coffee was good. Staff were friendly and helpful. Bed was clean and comfortable (felt like "memory foam" style).

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Vancouver, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2013

Worth driving an extra 2 miles off the freeway, this wasn't a bad place to stay. Some of the other reviews scared us a bit, but we wanted to be able to walk to a real resteraunt for dinner (Ruby Tuesdays or Codys) so we took the chance. It was clean, it was comfortable and the price was right. Maybe we got lucky in a room, but I think it was just fine. The 'grab & go' breakfast thing was perfect- most places offer only sugar & carbs... here we even had healthy & simple choices. Worked for us even better! The people at the front desk were nice and helpful, too.

Room Tip: The pool area can get noisy, if the hotel is crowded you'd rather be on a top floor so you don...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Amy B
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013 via mobile

We have been looking for 2 bedroom suites that are economical, clean, and safe. This place fit the bill for us. It was nearly half the cost of your typical 2 bedroom suite. Yes, it is a bit dated but that was not much of a concern for us. Space trumps style for us nearly every time. I did notice a funky smell in the stairwell closest to the front desk but assumed it was result of cleaning solution, knowing that they accept pets-- I figured that is a possibility. The front desk staff was very friendly and accommodating. When we go back to Tally, we plan on making this our home away from home again.

Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Winnie S
Cary, NC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

Compared to other Marriott properties, this one feels a bit dated. The staff is friendly and my room was mostly clean. The hotel had a typical perfume smell to it and the glasses, plates and utensils were a bit sparse. A grab-n-go continental breakfast was available but nothing special. There is a small outdoor pool but it's tiny. The room was okay but my biggest complaint was that the flow of the room was horrible. I couldn't see the tv from the bed which really annoyed me. I may stay here in the future when in a pinch but it won't be my first choice.

Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013 via mobile

My normal hotel in Tallahassee in the Marriott line was higher than normal so I gave TownPlace a try instead and I am glad I did. The value for the size of room was really nice. These appear to be apartments or condo's that have been converted to hotels? Whatever the case, you have a kitchen, living/dining room, and bedroom with ample space in bath area. It's close to a variety of eating options just up the road and not far from interstate. I plan to make this my normal stop whenever I visit Tallahassee.
I also wanted to say that the staff is really friendly too.

Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2013

My family of five stayed for one night in a two bedroom suite. The hotel is a couple of miles off of I-10, and is on a small hill to the right. One could pass the hotel if not paying attention. Ample parking that presented no problem for my Super Duty truck.

Check in took all of five minutes. The room was spotless. Both bedrooms had TVs as did the living room. They weren't flat panel TVs but that's not a concern for me. The room was nicely equipped with kitchenette, dishes, silverware, refrigerator/freezer, etc. The mattresses were very soft--too soft for me but that's a personal preference. The sofa pulled out into a bed; linens were in one of the bedroom closets. Strong water pressure in the shower.

Breakfast was grab n go instead of the full breakfast at a Residence Inn, for example. That was fine with us.

We didn't use the pool, exercise room, or wi-fi so I can't comment on those.

The two bedroom suite cost the same as a regular room at other hotels. A VERY good value! I will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013