“Hotel is great”

Ranked #18 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
Fort Myers, Florida
“Hotel is great”
Reviewed 21 January 2013

The hotel is great for the value and I recommend it to stay at in Tallahassee FL. I stayed here last year for a 2 month period and everything was very professional and clean. The rooms are fully furnished with a full kitchen and full size referidgerator which helped in saving food costs during my stay. It is great if you need a place to stay for a long period of time. It is located in a good location and close to many good restraurants and stores.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
ESH-RDO, Owner at Extended Stay America - Tallahassee - Killearn, responded to this review, 29 January 2013
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of the Studio Plus, Tallahassee. I know long periods of time away from home can be difficult, so I was happy to read we made your stay as close to being at home as possible. We as a staff well strive very hard to make everyone's stay so accommodating and enjoyable and your validation of that is very much appreciated! Please know that any time you are in Tallahassee we would be honored to have you again as our guest! Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Tustin
Reviewed 28 December 2012

I stayed in this hotel on business from 11/18/12 to 11/25/12.When I checked out, I mistakenly left behind a new sweater from Talbot's costing $94.61, along with other older clothing, in a drawer. I called the same day I checked out, spoke with a young man on the desk, and reported the problem. He told me someone would retrieve the clothing and call me back within two hours. No one did. I called again the next day and spoke with another person, a young woman, and once again, told her what had happened. She supposedly retrieved all the clothing from the room and put it in "Lost and Found." When I returned to Tallahasse a week later and recovered the clothing it was presented to me dumped in a plastic bag, loosely tied at the top. I thought then that the Talbot's sweater was missing, but I did not want to say anything until I could check at my home and be certain that I had indeed packed the sweater. I did not want to accuse someone of stealing without being absolutely certain. I was traveling for a month. As soon as I returned home, I called the hotel again, spoke with the "assistant" manager and told her the sweater had never been returned to me. I explained why I waited so long to report the loss. She stonewalled and said she and the manager had collected everything in the room and put it in a "locked" linen closet. Her staff would NEVER steal. She said the manager would call me on Thursday, December 27, 2011. The manager never called. I called again on December 28 and related, again, the story to the manager, who thought I had lost a shirt, and who, once again stonewalled. If I lost something, well that wasn't the hotel's fault. She could have cared less. If you stay in this hotel, please be aware that the staff are not reliable, not particularly helpful, and may be dishonest. Guard your possessions carefully. When you are not in the room, lock belongings in a suitcase. If you make a mistake and leave something behind, you may not get it back.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
ESH-RDO, Owner at Extended Stay America - Tallahassee - Killearn, responded to this review, 21 January 2013
I was deeply saddened to read your review of our hotel! Our goal is to always have our guests satisfied with their stay, and I was sorry to read that we did not achieve that goal. Anything that is found in a room is always reported to management. In your particular case management was the person to retrieve the items left in the room. I understand you waited 30 days to not report it missing because you were still traveling, and were not sure if you brought it with you or not. I do apologize again for your experience, as we have never had this issue at our hotel. But regardless I do not like that it has happened too you. I will speak with my staff and make sure we go over are lost and found procedures.
Reviewed 11 November 2012

We sold our home rather quickly but had'nt found another place to live.We eventually chose Studio Plus since we'd stayed here before.. We knew the rooms were rather large, had a nice kitchen with a full-sized refrigerator & enough space for us to stay for awhile. As it turned out, we stayed for approximately 7 to 8 weeks! Ashley, the manager & the rest of the staff were extremely nice & very helpful as well. I definitely would stay here again and have told many friends and family how nice it is and so convenient to I-10, restaurants and many shops nearby..

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank hampton101
ESH-RDO, Owner at Extended Stay America - Tallahassee - Killearn, responded to this review, 19 November 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property.  I'm thrilled that that you had such a wonderful stay at the Studio Plus Killearn and am glad we were able to provide you with that "home away from home". I hope you were able to settle in to your new home and when you are ready for the house warming party, we would love to be able to accommodate your guest with us.  Thank you again for sharing your experience with us.  We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Longwood, Florida
Reviewed 15 April 2012

We decided to take a chance on an extended stay facility since most of the lodging rates in Tallahassee for the weekend were averaging about $90 a night. Studio Plus had a $56 rate and was located in the right part of town for our visit. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, it had a full kitchen, a nice pool, and most importantly; it was quiet. We've stayed at 15 or more properties in Tallahassee in the past 4 years and we would rank this motel in the top third. For our money, we will look to this motel again when we visit Tallahassee.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank blastedminute
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tallahassee - Killearn, responded to this review, 19 July 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Studio Plus Tallahassee - Killearn. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction.
Texas
Reviewed 20 September 2011

We needed a hotel for a football weekend and this was one of the few options available. Good things about this property were the employees were helpful and the location is convenient to the interstate and walking distance to a number of places to eat. Our arrival was delayed until after 11:00 pm and when I called to alert the property they made me feel confident my reservation would be held. This is a budget type property that is well worn. The furniture shows a lot of wear and a chair in one of the rooms was broken. The towels were low grade and used up. I could hear the guest next door talking on the phone. The room was clean except it needed to be vacuumed better. I have stayed in many Tallahassee hotels in this price range and this property is on par with those.

Room Tip: Avoid first floor, window air conditioning blows curtains open and compromises privacy.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank TexasNolefan
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Michele had no concern for my handicaped mother in a wheel chair. I was basically told that nothing was available for her and that I should look somewhere else in Tallahassee. There were also dogs barking and the rooms were on the dirty side. There are plenty of other places that are not a smoke bath.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Sunny South Florida
Reviewed 1 May 2011

We stayed here during grad weekend, so Tally was packed and pricey this weekend. Normally, I wouldn't have chosen a property like this, but the great rate on a very expensive weekend made settling worthwhile

The good: Paula in the office was very nice and accomadating. Rooms were large. We brought pillows rom home. Doubt we would have slept well otherwise.

The bad: Loud people and barking dogs. An overhelming blast of cigarette smoke upon enetring front door. Dim lighting and dated, cheap furnishings.

Observations & advice: The room was fairy clean. Sheets are heavily bleached, yet comfortable. Bring your own pillows and be very specific if you want a non-smoking room. Most people book this property online and end up with pot luck. If you come on a weekend that is not busy, try getting Staybridge Suites on Hotwire. It can often be found for about $5 more than this place and is gorgeous in comparison.

Room Tip: Be specfic if you are a non-smoker about getting !
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple