“Not bad at all...”

Extended Stay America - Tallahassee - Killearn
Ranked #19 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
“Not bad at all...”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I've stayed at many hotels/motels over the years. This place certainly is not the Ritz. However, I was quite pleasantly pleased. I believe I got more than what I bargained for. The room I had was quite comfortable. The bathroom was nice and clean, as well as the bed and linen. The ac worked fine... The breakfast left something to be desired, but that was not a deal breaker for me. The kitchen was awesome. In order to save a few bucks, I cooked a small meal there. The hotel is centrally located and every store and restaurant is located within a couple of miles. Although the hotel is not totally smoke free, the second floor is. I did not detect that smoke odor anywhere in the building. The carpet was a bit worn but fairly clean. Overall, I think the place was a great bargain and would recommend. I will stay again the next time I'm in Tallahassee.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tallahassee - Killearn, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for writing a wonderful review of your stay. We pride ourselves on our spacious, clean rooms and great customer service. Your feedback regarding our free grab-and-go breakfast is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Central Florida
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stayed here on business and have to say the hotel was decent. Completely middle of the road. It IS nice to have a kitchen if you're staying for a while, but if you're only staying for 2 or 3 days, stay at a regular hotel.

The pool is very small. The rooms are in need of major updating. Not to mention, every time someone shuts their door, you can hear it down the hall. When you walk on the floors - you fear the people below you can hear you. The walls are thin and I could hear TV's from all around and could also hear very detailed conversations from surrounding rooms.

A PRO would be that it's on a good side of town, in the middle of everything. The parking lots are small and don't feel the accommodate the ratio to rooms and "residents" that they have. But the parking is free and I always hate paying for parking at a hotel. If you're staying there, you shouldn't have to pay to park. I was glad that the parking was FREE here.

Their wifi is FREE and it's SLOW. They give you an option to upgrade the speed, but for a fee. The fee varies on how long you are staying.

Our room had only one garbage can, a small one, in the bathroom. None in the kitchen, none in the "living room" and none near the bed. The cable had a small handful of channels to watch. No ESPN is available.

All in all, the room was CLEAN ... although VERY outdated. The air was ice cold. Another pro is they have the loud window a/c units. Although the nicer hotels have the quiet a/c ... it is nice to have the sound of the a/c to fall asleep to. If not, then you'll hear the conversations, the tv's and the surrounding doors shutting all around you. In a 15 min span, I counted 10 doors slamming shut. Could have been the same door ... could have been different doors ... but I shouldn't be able to count how many times a door slams shut.

So ... it gets a 3 ... it could be worse ... and this is coming from a hotel snob. But then again, couldn't it ALWAYS be worse lol ...

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tallahassee - Killearn, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad that you were pleased with our location, our free parking and the cleanliness of your room. Still, I apologize that you found your room to be outdated. As well, I am sorry that you experienced difficulties with our free Wi-Fi and that you encountered noise disturbance from neighboring guests. Your comments will be useful as we continue to improve our guest experience.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again in the future.
usa
Reviewed 24 May 2014

My husband and I relocated to Tallahassee from Michigan. While we were house hunting, we needed a place to stay. Extended Stay America was very clean and well maintained. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location in the north east area of Tallahassee is very safe and near all the best shopping and restaurants. We will definitely stay here again if we need a home away from home.

Room Tip: There is no restaurant, but they offer a grab and go breakfast which is adequate.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tallahassee - Killearn, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review of your stay. It was our pleasure to provide you with a clean room, great customer service, and easy access to other establishments in the area. We hope you will consider us in the future should the need arise. Good luck with your house hunting!
Rhinebeck, New York
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I stay in Extended Stays often when traveling to medium sized cities and I have found them to always be consistent in cleanliness, comfortably and I just love, love, love having a kitchen. They are normally pretty centrally located and this one is no exception. Easy to get to other areas, food, shopping and highways. Staff is friendly, but I agree with another reviewer. The grab and go breakfast are a little of a joke, but the fruit does help me start my day off.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tallahassee - Killearn, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Your feedback regarding our free grab-and-go breakfast is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
Havana, Florida
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Checkin was speedy and efficient. The staff was friendly. Yet the best feature was the cleanliness and spaciousness of the guest room. I have a "thing" about clean bathrooms and this bathroom met & exceeded my high standards. I will be back the next time I am in town!!

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff and clean rooms with fully equipped kitchens at a great value. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to providing you with another comfortable stay in the future.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Was in Tallahassee on business.. The Extended Stay provided all of the comfort's of home away from home.. Staff was extremely professional and courteous... Could not have asked for better service... Rooms were spacious.. Outback Steak House is next store. They delivered to the lobby which made it convenient.. The extended stay "breakfast to go" is not intended to provide a normal continental breakfast so, I thought the selection was right on spot...

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tallahassee - Killearn, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of your stay. I was happy to read that we provided you with a "home away from home" experience. I'm glad that you found your room to be clean and spacious. As well, it's great to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location. We look forward to having you stay with us the next time your business brings you to the area.
Safety Harbor
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We went up to replace flooring in mothers home,,was nice to have a home away from home to rest and eat @ night..Spacious room 2 beds, and 1 sofa bed, full kitchen and clean working bathroom for hot shower after working.

Room Tip: 2 beds and a sofabed with kitchen are large rooms, not all jammed together.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tallahassee - Killearn, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Sheila – Thank you for posting a glowing review of your stay. I’m so happy to hear that you enjoyed our clean, spacious suites with fully equipped kitchens at a great value. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better stay in the future!