“Not the intended hotel of choice for a one night stay but great find and price.”

Extended Stay America - Tallahassee - Killearn
Ranked #21 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Good last minute find for checking in a student at the University. Hotel was a little outdated but very clean. Parking was limited but we were warned at check in. Staff person was very nice at arrival and departure!

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank HonestFSUfans
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tallahassee - Killearn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of your stay with us. The the staff takes great pride in offering our guests clean spacious rooms as well as outstanding guest service. Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

This place is old and grungy. Furniture is cheap, mismatched, worn, and too ugly for Goodwill.
The entire place has a grungy feel. Front desk staff lady was pleasant. She's the only positive thing about this place. Unfortunately prepaid for it on an online search engine.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank fg2109
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tallahassee - Killearn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

I received a copy of your review and wanted to personally respond. I am sorry that the condition of our hotel did not meet your expectations. I have spoken with both my maintenance and housekeeping staff so that we can work on our cleanliness standards and the condition of our furniture. Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at tal@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I travel a lot through business, so I stay at several different locations.

From a business stand point, this is a great hotel. It's clean. It has a kitchen. It's in a great area of town. Right in the middle of everything. I'm confused by the previous reviewer who said you couldn't walk to anything. I'm guessing, they did not get out and try.

The hotel is about a block from a main road. There is an Outback, two parking lots over from the hotel. Within walking distance is the Outback, TGI Fridays, Steak N Shake and McDonalds. The pool is small, but if you're traveling through, it's clean and nice to take a little dip in. Also, about 3/4 of a mile to your right, is a Publix. Although you're walking next to a busy highway, the sidewalk is a good path, elevated off of the highway.

I have had the most experience in dealing with Michelle at this hotel and she made this hotel great. She tried to do everything she could to make sure I had everything I needed with my reservation. Usually at hotels that have a busy turnover, you don't get such wonderful customer service. And each time my company has booked me with this hotel, I have been incredibly pleased with the above and beyond service they have provided. That kind of service, will keep a company's business.

The hotel does need some updating. But it's clean. Every single time I've been here, everything has been clean.

And I would give it 5 stars if it was completely non-smoking. They do have smoking rooms, on the bottom floor only - and in one wing. I've stayed on all three floors. The bottom floor, you do smell smoke in the hallway. Even if you have a non-smoking room. So if it became smoke free, it would definitely get a full five stars.

The little grab and go breakfast works. No it's not a full buffet and no it isn't this crazy selection, but it's great for me to "Grab" first thing in the morning before going off to my meetings. Plus when you account for that a lot of people staying there, are long term residents .. it could get expensive offering a full buffet breakfast, then increasing the price you will pay staying per night. So pick and choose your battles people.

It's in a safe part of town. I'd bring my family to stay here if needed. It's right in the middle of everything. No it's not near any attractions, but they're a 20 min+ drive away. However, you have plenty of choices for food or grocery stores all within a mile from the hotel.

I do like the added sanitary precautions this hotel has taken recently, with asking the front desk for your plates, glasses and silverware. Before they were kept in the room and it was the guests responsibility to clean them in the dishwasher and put them back. Now, everything is sanitized and you have to pick them up from the front desk. This is a great bonus and helps with the cleanliness of the hotel.

Looking forward to my next stay there. Glad that my company uses this hotel.

Room Tip: The first floor, half of the wing is smoking and ONLY that area. If you stay anywhere else in the h...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Joseph S
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tallahassee - Killearn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Joseph - Thank you so much for your thoughtful and kind review. We are so glad that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stays with us. We truly appreciate your comments about our cleanliness and convenient location. We are also proud of our staff, especially Michelle, for providing you with such great service. It has been our pleasure to host you.

Thank you again for your wonderful review. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Small parking lot and there was nobody there to greet us when we arrived. I didn't like the idea of having to go in an office to check in. Very small breakfast selection. Not very close to any attractions. There are very few places to walk yo that are nearby. Bring your own meals and cook them yourself if uou sre planning to stay for a few days or longer. Would not recommend for an overnight stay.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Jeff
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tallahassee - Killearn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Jeff - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. At Extended Stay Hotels, we strive to provide exceptional service, as well as, superior comfort for all of our guests. We are very disappointed to read that we did not meet those expectations. Please except apologies. We will be working with our staff to ensure we are always available for our guests and are providing quality service at all times.

Thank you again for your feedback. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We drove from Miami over here and accidentally booked our room for the next day,the girl at the front desk was super sweet and was able to help us out
The room was extremely clean and smelled great
They have caffe at the front till 9:30 and muffins
Great hotel and a beautiful town that's for sure

Stayed: June 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tallahassee - Killearn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to write such a glowing review of your stay. We were pleased to read that you enjoyed our clean rooms and our grab-and-go breakfast. Thank you for your kind words about our staff. We are glad that they provided you with superior service.

Thank you again for your review. We hope you will consider staying with us when you visit the area in the future.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I've stayed at many hotels/motels over the years. This place certainly is not the Ritz. However, I was quite pleasantly pleased. I believe I got more than what I bargained for. The room I had was quite comfortable. The bathroom was nice and clean, as well as the bed and linen. The ac worked fine... The breakfast left something to be desired, but that was not a deal breaker for me. The kitchen was awesome. In order to save a few bucks, I cooked a small meal there. The hotel is centrally located and every store and restaurant is located within a couple of miles. Although the hotel is not totally smoke free, the second floor is. I did not detect that smoke odor anywhere in the building. The carpet was a bit worn but fairly clean. Overall, I think the place was a great bargain and would recommend. I will stay again the next time I'm in Tallahassee.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tallahassee - Killearn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you for writing a wonderful review of your stay. We pride ourselves on our spacious, clean rooms and great customer service. Your feedback regarding our free grab-and-go breakfast is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stayed here on business and have to say the hotel was decent. Completely middle of the road. It IS nice to have a kitchen if you're staying for a while, but if you're only staying for 2 or 3 days, stay at a regular hotel.

The pool is very small. The rooms are in need of major updating. Not to mention, every time someone shuts their door, you can hear it down the hall. When you walk on the floors - you fear the people below you can hear you. The walls are thin and I could hear TV's from all around and could also hear very detailed conversations from surrounding rooms.

A PRO would be that it's on a good side of town, in the middle of everything. The parking lots are small and don't feel the accommodate the ratio to rooms and "residents" that they have. But the parking is free and I always hate paying for parking at a hotel. If you're staying there, you shouldn't have to pay to park. I was glad that the parking was FREE here.

Their wifi is FREE and it's SLOW. They give you an option to upgrade the speed, but for a fee. The fee varies on how long you are staying.

Our room had only one garbage can, a small one, in the bathroom. None in the kitchen, none in the "living room" and none near the bed. The cable had a small handful of channels to watch. No ESPN is available.

All in all, the room was CLEAN ... although VERY outdated. The air was ice cold. Another pro is they have the loud window a/c units. Although the nicer hotels have the quiet a/c ... it is nice to have the sound of the a/c to fall asleep to. If not, then you'll hear the conversations, the tv's and the surrounding doors shutting all around you. In a 15 min span, I counted 10 doors slamming shut. Could have been the same door ... could have been different doors ... but I shouldn't be able to count how many times a door slams shut.

So ... it gets a 3 ... it could be worse ... and this is coming from a hotel snob. But then again, couldn't it ALWAYS be worse lol ...

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tallahassee - Killearn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad that you were pleased with our location, our free parking and the cleanliness of your room. Still, I apologize that you found your room to be outdated. As well, I am sorry that you experienced difficulties with our free Wi-Fi and that you encountered noise disturbance from neighboring guests. Your comments will be useful as we continue to improve our guest experience.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again in the future.