“Only place we would stay for our football weekend!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #30 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
Orlando, Florida
“Only place we would stay for our football weekend!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

This is were we stay for the football season in Tallahassee .
We always find our room clean and the entire staff are all very helpful. We always enjoy our greeting from the front desk manager Michelle who takes good care of us.

• Stayed October 2013
fl337, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We appreciate your time and kind words. We love to see our regular guests enjoying their stays. Michelle and all the staff feel as if you are family and look forward to your visits. Go Noles!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

It was so nice to stay at a hotel where the staff is willing to go out of their way to please. We needed help with directions to the hotel, unloading the car, and getting to the room. The desk clerk Michelle was there right away eager to help. We are elderly and traveling can be difficult but the staff at the sleep inn were very helpful. The rooms were nice and clean and the breakfast was great!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Peachtreebowl
fl337, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel and staff. Yes Michelle is a valuable employee and we agree that she is a keeper. Please come stay with us again and I hope to meet you in person next time you are with us.
Tallahassee, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

We stayed 2 nights with our baby....Where to begin....When we called from the road (in Tallahassee) to get directions, the person at the front desk who answered said they could not give directions and there was nobody else there who could. We requested in advance a crib, and when we arrived were told that the hotel had no cribs for the baby (luckily we had a portable one in the car). The first room we were put in had a malfunctioning ("clanging" sound) refrigerator, so we moved rooms. The second room smelled like smoke, despite that it was supposedly a non smoking room. It was so small we could hardly move around. The breakfast room was so hot it was like a sauna. The breakfast was nothing special. Waffles, cereal, some breads, but no fruit. No yogurt the second day. Ran out of coffee. The hotel has no elevator, so be ready to use stairs if you aren't on the first floor. The halls smell like smoke.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
fl337, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. Unfortunately, it seems that you were unhappy with your stay. We apologize for any inconvience that you experienced and hope to make your next stay with us more pleasant. Again, thank you for your review.
Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

Sleep Inn’s location is away from the city’s noise. Unlike our Super 8 motel stay in the I10 & North Monroe St. area, there was no nearby fire station. Sleep Inn, otherwise, was much quieter than Super 8 and in that regard
seemed comparable to higher priced business motels we’ve stayed at. However, there was no computer for guest use. We stayed in two different rooms at different times. Both had good thick room-darkening curtains. But, like Super 8, there were no sheer curtains, so when the thick curtains were opened we had no privacy. We did not hear much noise from the people above us, nor from the hallways, even though this was commencement weekend. Each room was definitely more cramped than at Super 8. One of our two rooms at Sleep Inn had a microwave and refrigerator. The cost was the same for each room. Continental breakfast included sausage links and boiled eggs, as well as the usual chain motel items. There was no microwave in the breakfast area, a minor inconvenience. .We enjoyed our morning walks in nearby neighborhoods, one of which had wooded areas and wetlands. We expect that the next time we visit our daughter we’ll stay at this Sleep Inn again.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
fl337, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. You have given us very useful information and suggestions and that is very appreciated. You will be happy to know that we are in the process of renovating our hotel and hope you come back and let us know what you think of our new look. Regarding your comment about the fridge and microwaves, only our connecting rooms do not have these amenities; this is due to fire codes regarding the connecting doors. Please call us to book your room and request a room with the fridge and we will do our best to accomodate you.
Again thank you for your comments.
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

When making my reservations I should have known better than to stay here since there was a choice between smoking and non-smoking rooms. Our non-smoking room was ok as far as odor but all the common areas smelled like an ashtray. Our room was tiny, had an "old motel" feel but was clean. except the shower had been repaired w/a white goopy looking caulk giving the impression of not being clean even if it was. The location West of the city was good as that's the direction we were traveling so avoided the morning rush hour traffic. The breakfast was minimal compared to other Sleep-Inn's I've been in. I travel often and always check to see if there's a Sleep-Inn in the area as prior to this one, I've had good (sometimes excellent) experiences at a good price. Not here - wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank drhude
Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

Landed at this location by blind luck. Late on a rainy night, didn't want to stay with college son. They fit us in a very clean nicely furbished room with hot water. Have been back again with same great experience. I also like that it is slightly off the main drag so I don't have to listen to traffic.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
fl337, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Thanks for your positive feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and our accommodations. On your next visit, I would welcome an opportunity to meet you in person. Thanks again!!
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013

I travel to Tallahassee regularly, but this was the first time I tried Sleep Inn. It is tucked away a block or so from the interstate in a secluded forested area. Once I find a hotel I like, I stick with it - and taking a chance on a new hotel is a big deal for me. The room was quiet, no road noise and only some minor noise from upstairs. Comfortable bed. The breakfast was standard fare, nothing notable - a little bit better than the La Quinta on N Monroe. Another deal breaker for me is strong smells or perfumed cleaning agents in a hotel - I will not check into a hotel with musty/smoky/strong odors at all. This hotel had a clean, fresh smell with no strong odors.

The only complaint I had was the refrigerator in my room did not work properly. There was no price difference between rooms with or without, so I did not make a big deal about it. Actually the first room I was given had a working refrigerator, but it was making a loud ticking noise, so they gave me a different room. At that point I just accepted the 2nd room and used my cooler and ice.

I will definitely stay at this hotel again. Off the busy overcrowded North Monroe hotel row - and well worth the drive - really not that much farther from FSU/Downtown. I also felt safer at this hotel than over on N Monroe arriving after 11 p.m.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
fl337, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Dear Mr. Sean D., I thank you for your review and I am happy that you enjoyed your stay. Please contact me for all your future stays. We look forward to seeing you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tallahassee
Red Roof Inn Tallahassee
Candlewood Suites Tallahassee
Candlewood Suites Tallahassee
#15 of 58 in Tallahassee
Country Inn and Suites By Carlson Midway Florida

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!