“Nice little hotel - cute lobby!”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #31 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed 8 November 2013

We stayed here after a Friday night high school football game (didn't feel like driving back to Jax that late). I wasn't expecting a lot, but was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were small, but very nice and the staff was very friendly. Complimentary breakfast was the normal - waffles, yogurts, breads, etc. I noticed a couple of restaurants close by and this hotel is very convenient to I-10. I liked how the hotel was tucked away from the main road. My only complaint is that the ice machine on the first floor was broken, but I just went and used the one on the second floor. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Cheryl O

Reviewed 1 November 2013

I visited Tallahassee for a Florida State football game and stayed at the Sleep Inn. The accommodations were average at best, but it was the nickel and diming and lack of customer service that is truly disappointing.

They charge a $25 per night pet fee which I thought I had avoided when I dropped my dog off at a local kennel, Pet Paradise for the weekend. On the morning we checked out I picked up my dog from the kennel and returned to grab our bags from the hotel and hit the road. I walked him to the room to pick up our bags and then waited by the lobby doors for the rest of my group to leave. At that time nobody at the hotel mentioned anything to me about a fee.

They called us after we left and told us they were charging us $25. FOR WHAT???

They continuously referenced a pet policy and said their hands were tied. NOT TRUE. Any hotel can add or deduct charges as they wish. The front desk manager, Michelle, told me I'd have to talk to her GM since she could not reverse the charge.

I've CALLED 4 TIMES over the span of a month and the GM Sheila has yet to pick up the phone or call me back. I guess they just assume since hey have our CC info they can recklessly charge us.

Stay at the Sleep Inn at your own risk. Who knows what extra charges they'll add on.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank MicahK11
fl337, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear MichaK11,

I am disappointed to read your review and would like to clarify some issues with you. As you are aware, a $25 pet fee was mentioned when you made your reservation. At check in, you mentioned that your pet would not be at the hotel. Upon check out, your pet was observed in your room and in the lobby by the Front Desk Manager. Unfortunately, we cannot police how long and where pets are kept during guest stays. As for your comments regarding Sheila and Michelle, I was informed that you had talked to them several times and they have reiterated our policy to you and the actual guest in the room, Chris.

I am sorry that you were disappointed with our pet policy and took that to be a reflection of our customer service.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

I have been staying in hotels in Tallahassee for 20 years on football weekends and sadly I have to say most are just ok to downright disgusting. This was the cleanest room I have ever stayed in. The front desk help went over and above even called me to let me know they had a room with double beds instead of just one king as there were two of us in the room. The beds were comfortable with extra pillows and had a nice large flat screen. I will book all the games next year here. Only down side was the dreaded two night minimum on for the football game.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Fldiver

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon. I will pass on your kind words to our staff. Again, thank you for your review and look forward to seeing you for more football games. Go Noles!

Reviewed 11 October 2013

This is were we stay for the football season in Tallahassee .
We always find our room clean and the entire staff are all very helpful. We always enjoy our greeting from the front desk manager Michelle who takes good care of us.

• Stayed: October 2013

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We appreciate your time and kind words. We love to see our regular guests enjoying their stays. Michelle and all the staff feel as if you are family and look forward to your visits. Go Noles!!

Reviewed 14 September 2013

It was so nice to stay at a hotel where the staff is willing to go out of their way to please. We needed help with directions to the hotel, unloading the car, and getting to the room. The desk clerk Michelle was there right away eager to help. We are elderly and traveling can be difficult but the staff at the sleep inn were very helpful. The rooms were nice and clean and the breakfast was great!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Peachtreebowl

Thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel and staff. Yes Michelle is a valuable employee and we agree that she is a keeper. Please come stay with us again and I hope to meet you in person next time you are with us.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

We stayed 2 nights with our baby....Where to begin....When we called from the road (in Tallahassee) to get directions, the person at the front desk who answered said they could not give directions and there was nobody else there who could. We requested in advance a crib, and when we arrived were told that the hotel had no cribs for the baby (luckily we had a portable one in the car). The first room we were put in had a malfunctioning ("clanging" sound) refrigerator, so we moved rooms. The second room smelled like smoke, despite that it was supposedly a non smoking room. It was so small we could hardly move around. The breakfast room was so hot it was like a sauna. The breakfast was nothing special. Waffles, cereal, some breads, but no fruit. No yogurt the second day. Ran out of coffee. The hotel has no elevator, so be ready to use stairs if you aren't on the first floor. The halls smell like smoke.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. Unfortunately, it seems that you were unhappy with your stay. We apologize for any inconvience that you experienced and hope to make your next stay with us more pleasant. Again, thank you for your review.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

Sleep Inn’s location is away from the city’s noise. Unlike our Super 8 motel stay in the I10 & North Monroe St. area, there was no nearby fire station. Sleep Inn, otherwise, was much quieter than Super 8 and in that regard
seemed comparable to higher priced business motels we’ve stayed at. However, there was no computer for guest use. We stayed in two different rooms at different times. Both had good thick room-darkening curtains. But, like Super 8, there were no sheer curtains, so when the thick curtains were opened we had no privacy. We did not hear much noise from the people above us, nor from the hallways, even though this was commencement weekend. Each room was definitely more cramped than at Super 8. One of our two rooms at Sleep Inn had a microwave and refrigerator. The cost was the same for each room. Continental breakfast included sausage links and boiled eggs, as well as the usual chain motel items. There was no microwave in the breakfast area, a minor inconvenience. .We enjoyed our morning walks in nearby neighborhoods, one of which had wooded areas and wetlands. We expect that the next time we visit our daughter we’ll stay at this Sleep Inn again.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review of our hotel. You have given us very useful information and suggestions and that is very appreciated. You will be happy to know that we are in the process of renovating our hotel and hope you come back and let us know what you think of our new look. Regarding your comment about the fridge and microwaves, only our connecting rooms do not have these amenities; this is due to fire codes regarding the connecting doors. Please call us to book your room and request a room with the fridge and we will do our best to accomodate you.
Again thank you for your comments.