“This hotel is a great home away from home!”

Hilton Garden Inn Tallahassee
Ranked #11 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
Lawrenceville GA
“This hotel is a great home away from home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2012

This is a great property for business stays!!! Hepful staff, comfortable rooms, easy location to restaurants, great breakfast!! Would highly recommend this property. Close to capital in Talahassee FL. Located about 15 miles from airport

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Cheryl H, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Tallahassee, responded to this review, 25 August 2012
Dear Gail,

Thank you so much for the thoughtful review! I will be sure to share it with our entire staff. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Cheryl Horne- Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Slidell, LA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2012

Beautiful Hotel with a great staff. Enjoyed the pool and hot tub during our 4 day stay - BUT - found the TV channel selection to be pathetic. Not local cable but a below basic package from DISH. No FOOD Nework - no History Channel and on and on.

For a classy hotel and a Hilton brand, I expected at least basic cable.

Room Tip: Breakfast is not complimentary.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Cheryl H, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Tallahassee, responded to this review, 22 August 2012
Dear Vhmagee,

I just wanted to say thanks for your recent stay here at our hotel! I’m so glad you were able to experience our warm Hospitality. However, we apologize that our cable selection was not up to your standards. You will be pleased to hear that we are actively working with our provider to upgrade the amount of channels that we are currently receiving. We can’t wait to see you again soon as I am sure you will enjoy them. Thank you for your comments. If I can assist in anyway, please don't hesitate to contact me @ 850-329-9024.

Anaheim, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012

Stayed here for a funeral. The facility was fairly new, well maintained, and comfortable. Breakfast and servers were gracious and good. On the second day (4PM) when we returned to our room it appeared that our room was half cleaned. Beds where made and clean towels were in place but coffee pot, dirty glasses and dirty towels remained. Was told by the front desk (when I walked there with the dirty glasses to get clean ones) that it was a partial cleaned and that they were not finished. WHAT? Housekeeping didn't forget to leave an envelop with her name on it though. Shortly after returning to my room there was a knock on the door where someone gave my husband a handful of clean towels that turned out not completely dried. Yuck.

Room Tip: Available wine and beer. Was nice after traveling cross country and getting in late
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

Very polite and friendly staff.
Very good breakfast.
Requested military rate. However, that does not include the free breakfast. I had to add that back on for $5 per person. I ended up only saving $10 compared to normal rate.
Refrigerator in room was very handy.
Very challenging to enter the premises from 61. There is no sign. Use your gps and trust it.
Staff was top notch.

• Stayed July 2012
, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Tallahassee, responded to this review, 11 July 2012
Dear VictorBravo65,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review. I will be sure to share your nice comments with our staff, they are Exceptional! We look forward to having you stay with us again! If I can assist in anyway, please don’t hesitate to contact me at 850-385-3553.

Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012 via mobile

We've stayed at several Hilton Garden Inns. This one is pretty standard. Easy access from the interstate and plenty of parking. Rooms were pretty clean and the front desk was helpful. The room however was my only issue. The AC was so cold in one particular area, but if you tried to adjust the temperature by just 2 degrees the heat would come on (burning smell like the first time you use a heater). It was 97 outside! I guess there was also condensation, because the carpet under the unit was saturated. The other complaint is the bed. This had to be the worst bed ever. There was a pit in the middle. I had to try and stay in one spot otherwise I would roll right I over into my husband. It is just after 4 am and I can't sleep due to the bed (which should make for a fun drive today)! Yes, like another reviewer said, you can easily hear people above you, just walking. I think next time we are through here, we'll try someplace else.

• Stayed July 2012
, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Tallahassee, responded to this review, 5 July 2012
Dear Overnighter04,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your kind words regarding our staff and the cleanliness of your room. I am very sorry you didn’t get a good night's sleep. I will be sure to pass along your experience with the bed to our Engineering Dept. They also work really hard to make sure all AC Units are working properly, especially through the heat of the summer months. We would love for you to try us again on your next trip to Tallahassee. If I can assist with anything, please don’t hesitate to contact me @850-385-3553.

San Juan, PR
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2012

Recently stayed here one night. The hotel is pretty standard fare - nothing out of the ordinary here other than the cheerful and friendly staff already commented on by the other guests. It is very conveniently located to the I-10 exits in the northeast area of Tallahassee. The lobby area converts to a bar in the evening and the breakfast area in the morning, it is a nice hangout area. Ample and free parking available.
The rooms are spacious and clean - basic standard stuff for a mid range hotel. What I found unacceptable was my A/C unit. It was super loud and hard to fine tune. My room was cold so I turned up the thermostat and then it started blowing hot air. Very loudly. I turned it off and I could hear the similar units in other rooms. My coworker who was in a room in another floor mentioned the same thing. Another noise we both noticed was the sound of people's footsteps, apparently the rooms are wooden under the carpeting.
There are lots of restaurants within a half mile radius.
Bottom line - other than the super loud air con units, the place is ok if you can get it for no more than $120.

Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank DAAFY
, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Tallahassee, responded to this review, 25 June 2012
Dear Daafy,

Thank you for taking the time to write a nice review! We are so pleased you enjoyed our wonderful staff and our newly remodeled Lobby. I am however, sorry you had problems with your air conditioner. Our maintenance staff works hard to keep them all in great working order, especially in the heat of the summer.

We would be delighted to have you stay with us again. Please contact me if I can help in any way @ 850-385-3553.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012

This Garden inn had the most accommodating staff. The rooms may need updating but they were very clean. What differentiates this hotel is the staff. They actually care about your needs and treat you like family. Jeff and Virginia were fantastic as was the manager Cheryl.
Will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012
Cheryl H, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Tallahassee, responded to this review, 11 June 2012
Dear Mike O,

Thank you so much for the nice review! The kind words about our staff means to world to us! It is our mission to give excellant service and a comfortable clean room. I will be sure to pass this on to our entire staff. We cant wait to have you stay with us again! If I can help you with anything, please contact me at 850-329-9029.