“great place to stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Tallahassee
Ranked #12 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed 14 December 2013

We stayed over Thanksgiving. The room was better than we expected and the beds were really good. The breakfast food was really good but they do charge for breakfast. We tried the Village inn next door one day, it was not very good. Paid the same amount as eating at the hotel without the convenience and not near as good. The location is perfect, just off I-10. Highly recommend and we will stay whenever we come to Tallahassee to visit our son.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Cheryl H, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Tallahassee, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Dear LexingtonNanna,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review! We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your great comments on our amenities, especially our fabulous breakfast buffet! We look forward to having you back again.
Happy Holidays!

Cheryl Horne-Director of Sales

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Tallahassee

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Great value overall. The facility is due for an over haul, but the facility as it sits is *very* well kept and the staff *very* helpful. Breakfast was very good, and made to order at request. Eating area size is a bit limited but it was not a problem with our visit

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Cheryl H, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Tallahassee, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear James B,

Thank you choosing the Hilton Garden Inn and taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We do expect renovations in 2014. In the meantime, we strive to keep our property exceptionally clean and well kept, in addition to our always helpful staff. I'm so glad your stay was good and hope that you will stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

We were on our way to Disney, staff was absolutely helpful. We were running very late, we called, checked in via the phone. They had everything ready when we walked in. We were in our rooms within 5 minutes. With tired kids, it was great. They made it easy to get in, sleep, eat and enjoy; and then continue on our trip. Would stay again.

Dear Brian C,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn and taking the time to review our hotel. We aim to please and are so happy your experience here was a "great stay." I'm glad everything went smoothly. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 24 November 2013

The room was large & clean, but I was stunned to find that they charged $9.95/person for what is almost always a complimentary breakfast at other hotels. This is the first Hilton hotel (or other chain) that I've stayed at in 20 years that expected you to pay for the simple breakfast of a few eggs, potatoes, and bacon. After $200/night for the room, one would expect a little better customer service in the morning. I will continue to use Hilton, but will avoid this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Cheryl H, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Tallahassee, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear Raymond M,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad you found the room clean and spacious. I'm sorry you were dissatisfied with the price of our extensive breakfast buffet. It is a standard for any Hilton Garden Inn, so I apologize if you were not informed. I hope you choose to give us another try.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

great place to stay - staff was over the top - facilities were fresh and sparkling - very accommodating - the location is great to reach all parts of the city - near great places to eat - convenient to Interstate 10

Dear Lawrence C,

Thank you for your review of our property and staff. We appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback. I'm glad your stay with us was enjoyable and the location was convenient . I hope you stay with us again the next time you travel to Tallahassee!

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Although we are Honors members this was our first stay in a Hilton Garden Inn. The room was clean and very comfortable. Great location and easy to find. the staff was friendly and very helpful. Great night's sleep on a nice bed.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Cheryl H, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Tallahassee, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Peggy M.,

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a thoughtful review. I'm glad your stay with us was a good one. We always strive to make our guests feel at home. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Not what I expected of a Hilton family line of hotels. The king bed we had was really hard and it did sag in the middle even when turned all the way down. I see others had issues - with the same type form letter responses from Cheryl Horne about the beds being raved about and assume that will be her response to mine as well. Are we all getting the same bed and it is just not being repaired? Does make me wonder.
I was awakened during the night by a bent screen to our window obviously damaged. Next morning I reported my dissatisfaction of the bed and reported the screen as well the the front desk clerk only to discover 7 hours later when I returned it had not been repaired and still making the loud noise when the wind blew. Called the front desk and was told "luckily my maintenance man had not left for the day." Luckily??? Really? Again let another smiling face know my displeasure. Where was the 100% guarantee to make this right and my stay a pleasant one? Where was a call from a manager on duty?
Everyone working there will smile from ear to ear at you and yes they all seem very nice but beyond that, don't expect much more from them if you have an issue. Very disappointed in this Hilton Garden Inn. 14-15 nov 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Beartravel143,
I am extremely sorry to hear you didn’t enjoy your stay! We would like to offer you a complimentary stay at our hotel the next time you travel to Tallahassee. We acknowledge that there were unresolved issues during your stay and apologize for that.
I will mail your certificate to you, should you have any other questions or concerns, please contact me at 850-329-9024.
Cheryl Horne-Director of Sales