“Great hotel at a good price for the area”

Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale/West-Sawgrass/Tamarac
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Tamarac
Reviewed 12 February 2012

Stayed here recently before a cruise,and really liked it . Nice clean,new property with plenty of parking and easy to get to . Not real close to cruise port but we had plenty of time to get there so didn't matter . Hotel is very well decorated and appears new in and out . Staff was very friendly at check in and went out of their way to help us with any request we had . Room was very nicely decorated,and plenty big with a nice modern style bath ,and nice flat screen TV . Continental breakfast was nicer than most I'm used to seeing with hot and cold items ,and plenty of them at all times . Not much in the area around it , but we weren't there for anything special , just wanted a nice clean hotel with nice rooms ,and they delivered it all . Also lost my sunglasses in parking lot and after much searching in car and all around , asked the desk clerk if anyone had found a pair , and they had them at the desk for me where someone was nice enough to turn them in . ( HUGE THANKS TO THE KIND SOUL WHO TURNED THEM IN ! ) As often said there are still kind people out there ! All around very nice hotel experience here and I would for sure stay again when in the area .

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 6 January 2012

We stayed at this hotel and it was great - the staff (especially Andrew) was very friendly and helpful. They go out of their way to assist. Very quiet as well at night. Rooms were clean and spacious and gym was fantastic! Breakfast was also very good. I love the fact that it is all non-smoking. I would easily recommend this. I think some rooms have microwaves but we didn't have one so if you want a room with one please request.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rick and Liana J
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Spent the 28th of Dec through January 2nd. Had ajoining rooms and everything was at the very top of quality meter. Staff, cleanliness, room size, breakfast, and night time cookies all were above expectations. This is my 3rd time at this hotel while I am in town visiting family. Location is great and really we cannot wait to go back!

Room Tip: Any room is great.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Deb S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale/West-Sawgrass/Tamarac, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Dear Thomas S,

Thank you for your review and for staying with us in the past. I am so very happy you had an awesome experience with us. We certainly look forward to your return.

I hope to have the pleasure of meeting you.

Deb Saccavino

Reviewed 13 December 2011

My wife and I traveled for shopping at Sawgrass Malls. We stay in a studio King Room, was nice! a big room, very clean. The staff was very friendly. Internet Wi-Fi in all hotel, pool and gym. It is very easy go to Sawgrass Malls and return. All hotel is no smoking!!! Only the breakfast could improve. If we will return to shopping at Sawgrass surely will stay at Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale/West-Sawgrass/Tamarac

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rcbp

Dear rcbp,

I hope to have the pleasure of meeting you.

Deb Saccavino

Reviewed 9 December 2011

I Stayed 1 night here last year while in the area on business and it was very good.This time was not as good, a nice property for sure but a little off? Sometimes you stay at a place that is a little marginal and the staff/service make it better, I think the staff/service was a little off at the moment here and it reduces the property just a bit? The check-in was slow? Unsure if the room was ready? Also needed a 2nd person at the front desk at as the place was very busy.The room was clean but had been sprayed with way too much air freshener? Why?
The breakfast area was very good and well maintained. Surprisingly as busy as the place was it was not busy at all when I was there. Overall a good choice that is very convenient to the sawgrass expressway.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 December 2011

I had a great experience from my first call to make reservations to the time I checked out. My husband and I went to the Ft. Lauderdale area for a three day get away. This hotel sits on Commercial Blvd, which is a straight shot to A1A. You will save alot of money by not staying on the Ft. Lauderdale beach strip. The hotel is very clean and quiet. We stayed during the week and there were are alot of business travelers. The hotel sits in a business district. There are still places to eat, gas stations, drug stores and grocery stores close by. All the staff (from management to the cleaning staff) were very pleasant and helpful. Our room (312) was extremely clean and large with 2 queen beds. No problems with bathtub or sink draining or toilet leaking, etc. The beds were comfortable and the policy at the hotel is to wash the comforter cover after every guest. This is a big plus. The breakfast was very good for a continental breakfast. It's from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. and has a nice, large sitting area to eat in. Every day the hot portion was something different so we didn't get the same thing the three mornings we had breakfast. The pool is an outside pool and I don't know if it's heated because we didn't use it. There is a nice exercise room. Guest laundry room has one washer and dryer. There is a small but nice business center room. And at night between 6:00 and 6:30 fresh baked cookies. Most helpful employee was Michelle. She was the person who I first spoke with when I booked my reservation and was very helpful and nice. She was also the person who checked me in and remembered me from making the reservation. She is great! If you don't want a big resort hotel this is the place to stay. Have fun on your trip!

Room Tip: Ask for the Sawmills Mall rate and get a discounted rate. You need to need to call the hotel direct...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank countdowntovacation
Reviewed 16 November 2011

My wife and I stayed at this hotel overnight a few days back due a concert we'd come down to see. We booked as a rewards stay through our Amex Hilton Honors program. It was pretty much your run of the mill Hampton Inn. The front desk staff was somewhat pleasant. The gentleman who checked us in was all about the business. Not too much eye contact, but pleasant enough. Our room was clean. The bathroom was quite a decent size as well. Water pressure was top notch! The hotel itself is located right off the Sawgrass expressway which will get you wherever you need to be. Other than that, there really isn't much around where the hotel is except of an Infiniti Car Dealership. Breakfast is available in the lobby area till 10:00am. All in all, if you're staying for 1 or 2 days on business or a short pleasure trip, then it's ok. Anything more, we probably would have looked elsewhere.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gents24
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tamarac
4 mi away
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills
Comfort Suites Sawgrass
Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale-Commercial Blvd.
3 mi away
Sawgrass Grand Hotel and Suites Sports Complex
4 mi away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation
Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale Plantation

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale/West-Sawgrass/Tamarac? Share your experiences!