“GREAT STAY! hidden gem”

Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale/West-Sawgrass/Tamarac
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Tamarac
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This hotel was great, and the price was great as well. Helpful staff, clean, breakfast was great. I would definitely stay here again. Everything was just above and beyond when it came to service. Very friendly staff, they were ready to accommodate me with any question or request I had.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Deb S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale/West-Sawgrass/Tamarac, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2017

Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to your next visit!

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale/West-Sawgrass/Tamarac

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

This Hampton meets all of my high expectations in the Hilton Property family.

As someone who spends about 200 nights a year in a hotel, you become very picky and want things a very particular way and this property passes with flying colors.

Quick and easy check-in, friendly front desk, clean and quiet room, and a comfortable bed.

I was able to plug in my devices with ease, plenty of accessible outlets and USB connections by the bed.

The only two cons I could give would be that my HHonors profile says high floor and I didn't receive that even though the hotel was empty when I arrived and the TV size is quite small for the room size, an upgraded larger screen size would be ideal in the larger rooms.

Still 5 stars.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank CCTVTrainer
Deb S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale/West-Sawgrass/Tamarac, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2017

Thank you for staying with us and for completing an excellent review of the Hampton Inn & Suites in Tamarac.

We look forward to your next stay with us.

Deb Saccavino

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

I stay at this location 3 to 4 times a month for business. The building and grounds are fairly new and thus are in great shape. I love the work out room and pool. The staff is always very friendly and helpful. When I stay in this area I make sure I book here as it my second home and they make me feel like family.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Kevin W
Deb S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale/West-Sawgrass/Tamarac, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2016

Thank you for taking time to share your experience. I will definitely share your comments with my team. I hope to have the pleasure of meeting you on your next stay with us.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I stayed on the Florida Tax Free weekend. This hotel is located in a business area so the prices were excellent. As a hhonors member, I was able to upgrade to a better room for only $6 more. Breakfast was very busy, but the food was replenished frequently. The room was clean, comfortable and quiet.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 10 August 2014

.....loud humming in room all night. Never complained or said anything to staff. Room was immaculate, staff was exceptionally friendly and location was perfect. Hampton Suites never disappoints when it comes to comfort and cleanliness.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel on July 4th, the night before our cruise departed. The two gentleman working at the desk (I think one was a manager) didn't smile and acted as if they didn't care to help us. The first room they gave us smelled like body odor & food. We called the front desk and they gave us a new room down the hall. The manager (?) promptly met us in the hallway outside of the new room but again was not friendly. The breakfast in the morning was extremely busy and the employee working it couldn't keep up with the high volume of customers. More help in the breakfast area to stock and clean tables/trash, etc. is needed. We would not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Josh M, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale/West-Sawgrass/Tamarac, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Chamoale -

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our hotel despite the fact that we left lots of room for improvement. Although I was not working on the night of your stay there is absolutely no excuse for ANY member of our staff to treat you anything less than friendly. The odor in the first room you entered is also unacceptable as we set our daily goals on providing friendly service, and comfortable clean rooms. I'm sorry that we missed the mark during your stay. We have shared your feedback across departments an sincerely appreciate it as it helps us to improve.

Please feel free to contact me at Josh.Morrone@hilton.com. I would love to welcome you back and show you the high level of comfort and service that we are capable of.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 30 July 2014

This is a very convenient location close to the I-75/Sawgrass and the Sawgrass Mills Mall. I was happy with the service, the room, the location and of course the free breakfast. It was reasonably priced compared to other comparable brands in the vicinity. I have stayed here on several occasions.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tamarac
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills
Comfort Suites Sawgrass
Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale-Commercial Blvd.
La Quinta Inn & Suites Sunrise Sawgrass Mills
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation
Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale Plantation

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale/West-Sawgrass/Tamarac? Share your experiences!