“Good Pizza and Subs”

Pizza Stop Restaurant
Ranked #57 of 84 Restaurants in Tamarac
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We switched Pizza Stop from Ferros. Their food is better, Pizza is better and the one other thing I will say is that the staff and owner is much friendlier. At least they smile at you and make you feel welcomed. Keep up the good service and the good food.

1  Thank Judy V

Reviewed 21 June 2013

Stopped in to try this place for lunch as a first time customer.

Atmosphere is great. They have wall paintings of Italy, raised booths to the side. Clean.

Nice place, if a little dated. Waitress was polite and for the most part efficient. HOWEVER...

the food was about the worst thing I could imagine. Order of 'homemade' gnocchis. If these were homemade, I'd never want to eat at that person's home. They were incredibly mushy - and that was the tolerable part; as the sauce tasted EXACTLY like that of Chef Boyardee. HORRIBLE. It was bland, watery and incredibly cheap tasting. It HAD to be something from a can, if not the very sauce they use in Chef Boyardee products themselves.

Next up: Pizza. It's in the name of your restaurant, how do you do it wrong?

Slices are thin crust, so be advised of that upfront. They were SMALL in width as well - making two slices the size of about one at any other pizza restaurant. Taste of the pizza itself was OK to fair, however, they didn't give it time to properly heat - and they actually added toppings to the pie that were COLD and didn't cook all the way through. Ridiculous.

There are great pizza places about 3 miles north and about 2 miles south from here. Definitely do some homework and go to those places. I wouldn't stop here again. Rather get some food from the Publix next door and make it at home.

Also to mention, the food prices on some of their other items are quite high - especially considering the taste of these items, I would have hated to pay even more and got potentially worse food.

1  Thank OrlandoTripKing
Reviewed 18 December 2012

This was my first visit to Pizza Stop. I ordered a meatball sub to go. I asked to include green peppers, onions and other veggies on my sub. I was told it would be an additional 70 cents per vegetable. This bothered me since most restaurants I frequent include vegetables, like green peppers on the sandwich at no additional cost. On their cold sandwiches lettuce, tomato and onion is free. I am disappointed they would not offer green peppers at least in lieu of tomatoes. The meatball sub was dry with virtually no tomato sauce and few meatballs (perhaps three cut in half). I discovered this after I left the restaurant. I would not recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 28 October 2012

I ordered Egg plant parmesan,veal, and calamari. The taste was horrible... The egg plant was undercooked, the veal was over cooked and the calamari were cold and chewy. I'm honestly not picky at all I eat anywhere but this place is probably the crappiest place I've ever eaten at.

2  Thank Davidgr2
Reviewed 19 September 2011

The place isn't pretty, but the food is delicious. It definitely has a charm about it that makes you feel at home. Every staff member I came in contact with seemed happy and helpful. It doesn't look like much from the outside, but I highly recommend it.

1  Thank schmangerine