“Good value for the business traveler” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac

Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Tamarac
TAMPA
“Good value for the business traveler”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

Although I've frequently stayed at Extended Stay hotels, this was my first stay here after the conversion from prior ownership, Homeward Suites. I previously stayed at this Homeward Suites and swore I'd never stay there again. When I booked Extended Stay, I did not realize it was the prior Homeward Suites. After a little confusion at check-in (the desk clerk was overwhelmed and unsure what she was doing, nor where the rooms are located on the property) I found my room. I was pleasantly surprised. The room was recently remodeled, clean with a nice smoke free smell. The bed is comfortable, the WiFi excellent, and quiet through the night from other room noise. The manager came to my room to inquire about the confusion at check-in. She was very concerned about my needs and appreciated my feedback. I travel to this area often, and will stay here again. Two minor, repeat MINOR issues, there is not a desk height surface to work on (work surface is counter height) and the horizontal sliding window would not lock.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the rear to avoid people noise through the night.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank SHORTTRACKER63
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for staying with us again and allowing us to make it right. I personally would like to apologize for the confusion during your check-in process, and please know I am working with our staff to correct this problem to ensure that we offer all of our guests a proper and welcoming experience. Still, I'm so pleased to hear that you were happy with your stay overall.

If you have any additional feedback please feel free to contact me at fld2@extendedstay.com. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

This motel is in a commercial area, but you wouldn't know it once you get in your room. Very nice grounds help shield you from the commercial sights and sounds of the surrounding area. Rooms are very functional; nothing fancy (it is a budget facility). Several good restaurants nearby (great Japanese/Peruvian restaurant a block away, plus good Chinese) so you can get takeout or eat out. Very convenient location, right off turnpike. I have stayed there 5 or 6 times, and staff is always very helpful and quick to respond to problems. Other guests tend to be quiet and respectful; no late night music or loud TVs when I have stayed there.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Wayne H
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Wayne - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that our staff has always been quick, helpful and responsive to any of your needs during your stays. As well, I am glad that you liked our hotel's location and your room.

Thank you again for your review and also for being a valued guest. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

Shanice is excellent when it comes to customer service and friendliness. The room we were in required a bit of renovations so she moved our room no questions asked. She even called in on her day off to make sure we were ok. Thank you for attending to our needs Shanice!!!

• Stayed October 2013
Tamarac, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

Tahelia, which is one the managers at the hotel was absolutely amazing and was displayed excellent hospitality.. I would definitely come back here for vacation or bring the family along just to get away for the weekend.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Porsha - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a lovely review. I'm thrilled that we displayed such great hospitality to you, especially Tahelia, and look forward to your stay with us again in the future!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

The first night I had ants all over the bathroom counter and in the kitchen cupboards. The staff did respond quickly and very professionally and had the room sprayed the next day. That night I then found a huge cock roach on my bathroom counter. I cried. The staff was again very responsive and had an Orken exterminator come again the next day. The next morning I found two millipedes on my bathroom floor. The room was stained and beat up on top of this, and I couldn't take it anymore. I informed the hotel I'd be moving (again) out primarily because of the bugs. Because I was checking out before my paid week was up I was told I'd be charged the higher, daily rate--unbelievable!! I'm in the process of trying to get some money refunded. Don't stay at this hotel!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank 58christine
Tamarac, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

This is my second one week stay at Homestead Suites... even though I am on day 2 of my second stay, I am compelled to write this review. The lady at the front desk (Shanice) who checked me into my room was very professional and displayed a friendly and genuine smile that made me feel right at home. This is the reason why that even though most of the things that I need done on this trip is in Miami, I decided to drive to Tamarac. Customer service is first class. Even the house keeping staff are friendly and for the second time I had a clean room which was impressive for the price paid for the rooms here.

I have even recommended this hotel to my family and friends who have since stayed here also. It was a group of at least 8 and they all loved it, with the exception of my sister Dailia who failed to understand that extra keys can only be given to the persons registered to the room and an ID must be presented. This might have been an inconvenience for my sister but it is a testament that security and personal safety of registered guests are not taken lightly.

If I am not at Homestead Suites, than I am not in a hotel and I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to stay at a very good hotel without paying a high price to enjoy it.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Audley1912
Tamarac
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

on 08/03/2013 I had a reservation at homestead studio suites-fort Lauderdale Tamarac fl ,from a week in advance hoping to have a good night, but when I arrive to this hotel the front desk person by the name shanise ,hand me the keys of a room that was smelling real bad and dirty. I went back to the front desk person shanise and ask her to please find me another room for me and that one was O>M>G ,same as dirty spider web ,dirty and bad smell. I went back to the front desk to see this front desk person shanise, she give me another room now the refrigerator was not working and oxide it is a very bad place for the public.at that time it was already pass 6;00 pm an I couldn't do a cancellation on my credit card.

my nightmare just has started for me, that room was dirty too,broken furniture, burn seats,dirty bathroom curtains,the door of the bathroom was hanging,the microwave was oxide same as the refrigerator and most of the light fixtures too

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tamarac
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Tamarac
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Laud...
#73 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Comfort Suites Sawgrass
Sawgrass Grand Hotel
Sawgrass Grand Hotel
#4 of 4 in Sunrise
3.0 of 5 bubbles 1,001 reviews
La Quinta Inn Ft. Lauderdale Tamarac East
La Quinta Inn Ft. Lauderdale Tam...
#108 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#77 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Universal Palms Hotel
Universal Palms Hotel
#80 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,323 reviews

Been to Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac? Share your experiences!