Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Tamarac
Nassau, New Providence Island
“Fairly good.”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

The checkin process was smooth and swift which is always good. There was a young lady at the front desk whom was ALWAYS pleasant. I wish I had gotten her name. She had braids/twist and appeared really young but was SUPERB! When I arrived to the room I noticed stains on the sheets, some rust in the kitchen area, and that the tub drain was blocked. Other than that I would stay here again. For me it's more about good service and the young lady delivered just that.

• Stayed February 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Monroe, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 February 2014

extended stay just put their name on this property and have not done any updates and even though the room we had was a little worn the help made our 5 day stay much more comfortable. thanks to tahelia Anderson the asst.gen. for all her help.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Gordonsville, Virginia
Reviewed 19 February 2014

overall dirty and very worn. Towels were rag grade and bed was very hard. Did not want to walk on carpet because of how it appeared. Bathroom was very dirty and needed much repair. We would not use the kitchen utensils due to condition of entire room. I would not stay in this place on a road trip but if I had too it would not be worth $20 per night. What a real dump.

Room Tip: different hotel
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
John – Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I apologize that the cleanliness of your room and quality of your towels did not meet your expectations. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to ensure that these issues do not continue in the future. I invite you to contact me at fld2@extendedstay.com with any additional comments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you’re in the area.
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I have stayed at Extended Stay America locations on several occasions. I had recently stayed at the Plantation Florida location and had no issues at all. I am in the process of transferring for work to Florida and had to fly back to Detroit for the weekend. I decided to change from Plantation to the Tamarac location because it was about $20 a night cheaper and I would be staying for 28 days. I had a late flight and got to the hotel close to midnight. I checked in with no problems and went to my room. When I walked into the room I immediately noticed how dirty and stained the carpeting was. It had been red at one time, but now had black spots all over including what looked like gum ground into the carpet. The bathroom had hair on the floor and sink in all shapes and sizes. There were small ants crawling up and down the bathroom wall and on the room door. The garbage cans in the stairwell were overflowing and smelled like rotten food. Overall the experience was completely disgusting. Due to the time of night and complete exhaustion I stayed in the room. I awoke for work the next morning and reported the issues to management (who refunded my nights stay) and I cancelled the rest of my reservation and relocated back to Plantation.

This property should be a complete embarrassment to Extended Stay America! I thankfully have had positive experiences with other locations. If this had been the first time I ever stayed with your chain I can guarantee I would never return to one of your hotels. The interesting thing about this experience is I actually looked at a few travel website and saw numerous negative reviews about the property, but I still booked it thinking it was simply a disgruntled customer.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Coral Springs, Florida
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Rooms are dirty and the service stinks. I stayed one night n the bathroom was very dirty. I called two times and they did not come up to clean the bathroom. Then in the morning I told the front desk and nothing. I'm never coming to this place again. Really bad customer service.

• Stayed February 2014
Reviewed 11 February 2014

No amount of friendly staff will cover the fact that this hotel is in desperate need of a good cleaning and renovation. There is no maid service unless you pay extra. The walls are peeling paint, the drawers stick, the bathroom cabinets veneer is stripping off, most surfaces are stained as are the linens. It needs to be swept well. The carpets are worn. If we had not prepaid, we would not have stayed. I asked for a hair dryer, as they are not in the rooms and was given one. The staff apologized for the "hair dye" on the hair dryer. It was actually coffee that I wiped off with a moist tissue. There is no excuse. We will never stay at an Extended Stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
TAMPA
Reviewed 9 February 2014

This hotel recently became an 'Extended Stay'. The rooms have been recently remodeled/redecorated, and the staff trained. I'm a frequent visitor to Extended Stay America properties. The décor and furnishings were as I expected. The room was clean and quiet. I had opportunity to meet the manager. After checking in the manager called me to verify the room was okay and everything alright.

When I'm traveling on business, I only expect a few things from my hotel - a clean room, excellent WiFi, and quiet. Thanks to the microwave, frig and stove, I always eat in my room (there's a Publix Supermarket right down the street with a pretty good hot deli counter), I rarely venture out until work the next day. Including this property, Extended Stay America has never let me down.

Now the gripes. The property only has one entry/exit. If approaching from the wrong direction, you have to make a U-turn to access the property. During rush hour, very difficult to do. (Property located at the corner of Commercial Blvd & 441). I started traveling more than a mile past the hotel, turning around, then sitting in traffic to access the property. The room numbering system is confusing. I was sent to the wrong area of the property for my room, twice. There are 3 buildings. Room 221, is actually on the first floor of the middle building. Unfortunately, the desk staff seems to be as confused about room locations as the guests. And my last gripe is the lack of a desk in the room. I work every night. The counter, which is quite large is not comfortable for working on reports, computer, etc. There is not a desk chair, only a bar stool. Not comfortable for long periods.

All in all, I won't hesitate to stay there again. A good business accommodation with a clean room, for a good value and excellent WiFi.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tamarac
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Tamarac
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Laud...
#68 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
La Quinta Inn Ft. Lauderdale Tamarac East
La Quinta Inn Ft. Lauderdale Tam...
#110 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Universal Palms Hotel
Universal Palms Hotel
#88 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,358 reviews

Been to Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac? Share your experiences!