“Will return”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Tamarac
Melbourne, Florida
“Will return”
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Nice hotel in Tamarac, first time staying. Friendly staff and clean rooms. Close to shopping and restaurants. Will return when im in the area.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Tucson
Reviewed 7 March 2012

If you are not hung up on staying near the coast, you can save quite a bit by staying at a place like this, located a few miles inland. The rooms are large (they call them "one-room suites), with amenities like a sofa, microwave, and refrigerator, and a nice hot buffet breakfast is included in the price. The staff was very accommodating and went out of their way to make sure we were satisfied. Sandra (head of housekeeping), and Alonzo (maintenance) were both exceptionally helpful to us. Although a little drive from the coast, there are plenty of stores and restaurants in the area.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Brookfield, Ohio
Reviewed 26 January 2012

My husband & I stayed Jan 20-22, 2012. First let me say the signage is confusing because the hotel says "MainStay Suites" & they have both Main Stay & Comfort Suites signs & pamphlets throughout the hotel. It is independently owned. While our 2 room jacuzzi suite was quite spacious, the furniture was extremely outdated. The room & bathroom were spotless. Having said that, the carpet & upholstery were past needing cleaned. I refrained from sitting on the sofa in either of our rooms. Upon arrival, we had difficulty opening our room with the electronic key cards & someone wearing a hotel logo shirt saw my husband struggling & said he would notify the front desk. (this never happened). We left for dinner & were unable to open the door when we returned. The desk clerk ascertained that the batteries for our key card reader needed changed & apologized that there was no one to change them until morning. She said the desk clerk would have to let us into our room until they were changed. The next day we went downstairs for breakfast (which was very good) & asked the front desk clerk to let us in our rm & asked when we could expect the batteries to be changed. She was clueless. No one had passed the info along to the incoming staff. The maintenance man (his 2nd day on the job) couldn't get our door open & we were left standing in the hall for almost 30 mins. I asked to speak w/manager-none was on duty & no mgr ever contacted us for the remainder of our stay. We did get the batteries changed later that morning & had no other issues the rest of our stay but it left me very disappointed with the whole visit. I have stayed in many Comfort Suites & this hotel is not worthy of the Comfort Suites chain.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LDeiger
Eustis, Florida
Reviewed 19 January 2012

Clean. Comfortable. Friendly staff. Convenient location. Room had a funky smell.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Orlando, Florida, United States
Reviewed 19 December 2011

On my last trip for business I was meeting some colleagues in Ft. Lauderdale; Tamarac to be more specific and this hotel is located 90 seconds away from the expressway. The front desk staff was nice and accommodating. The rooms were pleasant and the beds were like sleeping on a cloud. I would stay here again, and probably will and I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends.

Room Tip: I always stay on the second floor or higher just to avoid loud lobby's.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 19 December 2011

I recently stayed up there a couple days for work to attending a few meetings. My overall stay there was pretty good. Decent looking rooms, also pretty clean ( in my opinion). The free breakfast in the morning was also a plus saved me a few bucks and time. Staff was also great too, the front desk help was pretty efficient getting me checked in and answering any questions I had. The only problem I had was with the toilet kept making a strange noise on the first night, I notified someone and they had it fixed the next day.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
upstate NY
Reviewed 17 October 2011

I usually find Comfort Suites to be top of the line in their class. Unfortunately this is one of the worst I have stayed at. The rooms need remodeling, furniture is old and dirty, pool was not heated and hot tub not working properly. The lamp even had a light bulb missing. On the plus side the mattress and pillows were good, lobby nice and breakfast average.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hfdad
TheresaC876, Manager at Comfort Suites Sawgrass, responded to this review, 20 December 2011
I just wanted to take a moment and thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. I also wanted to make you aware that we have recently renovated our rooms, changed management, are in the process of redoing the pool ( will be done in a few days) and are hoping you will be back in the area to give us another chance to show you how many improvements we have made. I really do hope you will give us another change to be of service to you should you travel to the Tamarac area again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tamarac
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale/West-Sawgrass/Tamarac
Sawgrass Grand Hotel
Sawgrass Grand Hotel
#4 of 4 in Sunrise
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills
La Quinta Inn & Suites Sunrise
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation
Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale-Commercial Blvd.

Been to Comfort Suites Sawgrass? Share your experiences!