“Good good place to stay for a night”

Comfort Suites Sawgrass
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Tamarac
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Nothing special overall. However everything was clean and functional. The price was reasonable a little far from the a/p and cruise terminal but that made driving around much easier.
The Breakfast was good they even had a special flavored waffle mix that was great

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BobFromBabylon
TheresaC876, General Manager at Comfort Suites Sawgrass, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you while you were travelling to our area. I am happy you enjoyed our breakfast especially our very popular flavored waffles.

I do hope you will choose to stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

We had looked into staying in Ft Lauderdale for 1 night; however, everything in the downtown area did not feel safe. Glad we drove down the road just a little bit to this property. Super friendly staff - Brittany at check in was wonderful and Steve was constantly working on cleaning the facility every time I saw him (and this was in the evening). Nice location, accessible to shopping, restaurants and Ft Lauderdale etc. fitness and business center were up to date and modern, rooms are very spacious and clean. There is some wear on doors but did not bother me at all. Breakfast area also nice, did not use pool.

Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank itisanewseason

I am happy you choose our hotel also. Thank you so much for recognizing our outstanding staff, it is always great to hear they are being so helpful. I will make sure to let Brittany and Steve know what you said. I do hope you will always choose to stay at our hotel when you are in the area.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

I had enjoyed my stay, its in a great commercial area, I can enjoy shopping. The staff (Maria and Sharmaine), both persons are hospitable. Hotel venue is excellent. Overall, the laundry needs improvement, the exercising room needs to be more accessible, the up kept of the lobby furniture needs to be changed, the carpet needs to change, the room has a odor. The breakfast need more variety of meat,(ham Vienna sausage etc). Front desk staff is very attentive and pleasant. You need one more washer and dryer on each floor. Bathroom needs to be upgraded. (wallpaper etc) and fixtures.

Room Tip: Use the suite overlooking the balcony
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing to stay with us when in the Tamarac area and thank you for taking the time out to let us know how we are doing. We are always looking to improve ourselves and we will work on your suggestions. Thank you again for your time and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

I recently had an opportunity to stay at the Comfort Suites Sawgrass. My stay was most relaxing as the accommodation was most comfortable. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The breakfast offered was a delight.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

It is always great to see someone take the time out to let us know what we are doing well. I really do appreciate you taking the time to do so and we will look forward to being of service to you again should you travel back to our area.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

I had a nice visit, but this property needs some attention to the rooms, doors are ugly and need refinishing. Tub area needs caulking, commode was loose at the floor and flush not very strong.
The breakfast was okay, but the egg quality used needs to be upgraded, as the quality and taste were lacking.

Room Tip: Check the room out before checking in, the room I had the door didn't lock, the maid failed to p...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ron B

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and thank you for choosing to stay with us. I appreciate your suggestions and will definitely work on the issues you mentioned. I can only hope you will allow us to be of service to you again if you travel back to our area.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times.And i will probably stay there again in the future.Howewer i would not recommend it to others.I can put up with some of the negatives,but it would be embarrassing for me to recommend.The exterior of the building needs some attention.The small hallway which leads to the pool area is unexceptable.I am talking about the baseboards.The curtains on the windows in the rooms needs to be washed,cleaned or replaced.Housekeeping ladies are polite,but i should not have to babysit them and beg them to clean the bathtub,change the sheets or vacuum.And i did help the housekeeper to clean the room.It was very dusty.So i did dusting myself and i emptyed the garbage.I read some of the reviews and some people called this hotel a ghetto hotel.Well,i would not exactly call it ghetto,but in a way i do have to agree with those people.Let's just say,it is not a high class hotel.I observed some people sitting on the floor in the hallways,playing loud music,jumping up and down and using profanity in public areas of the hotel.Front desk staff are polite,but would not take care of those problems.The hotel's manager is a very nice lady and i do feel bad that she has to be a manager of such an establishment.Wi Fi was not working good.Computer downstaires worked on and off.I really appreciate hot tub being hot during this stay(it was cold in the past).But it had some sand in it and needed to be cleaned.I still used it,since for me personally the benefits of the hot tub are greater.Breakfast was good,breakfast area was very clean.But one of the breakfast hosts(the lady with long black braided hair) did not keep things replenished.I heard someone complained about,which actually helped to get things moving.There are some great things about this Comfort Suites.Room are spacious and overall clean.Comfortable bed,nice duvet,air conditioner worked good,room has nice layout,there is a flat screen LG TV with decent channel selection.I read some of the reviews where people talking about musty smell.It is true to some extend.Just a hint of it.But it is exaptable.Bathroom is nice overall.Just needs a deeper cleaning and few manor fixings,like by the shower rod and wall by the bathtub.As i said,i stayed at this hotel quiet few times and i am use to things.I just hope,that they are going to do everything they can in order to be able to carry Comfort Suites name.Because if they are going to convert into Quality Inn or Econo Lodge,or Roadway,i won't be able to stay there.I only stay at Comfort Suites,Comfort Inn,Ascend Collection,Bluegreen Resort when it comes to Choice Hotels.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 135catherineg

I must first thank you for taking the time out to write a review of our property. I am happy to hear that you have stayed at our hotel and also plan on staying with us in the future. We corrected the issue with the hallway carpet and are currently working our our guest bathrooms. I am happy to see you enjoy our very spacious and clean rooms and we look forward to always being of service to you while you are in the area.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

My lovely bride and I went on a cruise in November 2013 from Fort Lauderdale, FL. Prior to the cruise I wanted to reserve a room for the time frame when the ship arrived until the time to be at the airport.

I contacted this motel and they told me the distance from the port was approximately 7 miles so I made the reservation.

Upon arrival in Fort Lauderdale after the cruise, I contacted the motel for a shuttle ride from the port to the motel. They informed me they did not offer a shuttle. I said OK. How much will a taxi ride cost. The staff member of this motel informed me it would cost around $100 for a cab.

I queried this person how far is the motel from the port. He told me 22 miles. I went ballistic because I had been deceived and lied to. I hung up the phone and called comfort inn corporate and the person there told me the distance was 11 miles from the port. Now I have 3 different distances from 3 different people working for comfort motels.

By this time I am furious. I called the motel back and informed them that I was going to dispute their transaction with my credit card company. I wanted to speak with management, which manager of this motel never returned my call.

I contacted my credit card company and they started the dispute process. 2 months later I check my credit card statement and to my dismay the charge has been reinstated. It took the motel 2 months to respond. How efficient...

I read the notes on the dispute. The motel had sent the reservation information and as I reviewed it I noticed the motel people had written employee rate under LFF. WRONG!!! This is a friends and family rate of an employee, My brother works for the chain. I know the employee rate is much more discounted than the LFF rate. It also stated the refund policy was 24 hours. I was never informed of this and besides, 24 hours prior to me calling the motel I was in the middle of the ocean with NO Cell Phone coverage. One other note, what motel wants a 24 hour cancellation? All of the motels I have seen require you to cancel by noon or 4 pm the same day of the reservation so the room can be re rented. I called the motel at 7 in the morning!!!!!

Here are 2 lies in a row. Then in notes it stated I said OK like I was in agreement with them charging me for not showing up. We are up to 3 lies now.

Friends all I am saying, I will NEVER do business with this motel in Tamarac, FL. They are liars and deceivers and of the devil as far as I am concerned.

This experience is NOT typical of Choice Hotels. The chain is fabulous but this particular motel is sub-standard and they have no integrity whatsoever.

Perhaps after reading this review the manager of Choice Hotel Sawgrass will find that it is inappropriate to lie about how far they are from the port.

Thank you for reading all of this. If you made it to the end, I hope you will find a different place to stay while visiting Tamarac area.

God Bless you all...

Scott Lawrence,
Myrtle Beach, SC

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank scottk4sl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tamarac
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale/West-Sawgrass/Tamarac
Sawgrass Grand Hotel and Suites Sports Complex
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills
Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale-Commercial Blvd.
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#78 of 127 in Fort Lauderdale
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation

Been to Comfort Suites Sawgrass? Share your experiences!