“Two night stay”

Comfort Suites Sawgrass
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Tamarac
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We had a wonderful stay with great accommodations. Continental breakfast was good, about like all Comfort Suites. We liked the location which was not far from Port Lauderdale. Now we know where to stay if and when we sail again from there. All staff were more than willing to help and advise in any and all things asked.

Room Tip: The entire hotel was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Betty M
TheresaC876, General Manager at Comfort Suites Sawgrass, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

It is always great to receive positive feedback from our guests. Thank you for your time to let us know how we are doing and especially for letting us know we are doing well. I do hope you will continue to stay with us when you travel back to the area.

Thank you.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Sawgrass

Reviewed 8 March 2014

Nothing special overall. However everything was clean and functional. The price was reasonable a little far from the a/p and cruise terminal but that made driving around much easier.
The Breakfast was good they even had a special flavored waffle mix that was great

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BobFromBabylon
TheresaC876, General Manager at Comfort Suites Sawgrass, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you while you were travelling to our area. I am happy you enjoyed our breakfast especially our very popular flavored waffles.

I do hope you will choose to stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

We had looked into staying in Ft Lauderdale for 1 night; however, everything in the downtown area did not feel safe. Glad we drove down the road just a little bit to this property. Super friendly staff - Brittany at check in was wonderful and Steve was constantly working on cleaning the facility every time I saw him (and this was in the evening). Nice location, accessible to shopping, restaurants and Ft Lauderdale etc. fitness and business center were up to date and modern, rooms are very spacious and clean. There is some wear on doors but did not bother me at all. Breakfast area also nice, did not use pool.

Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank itisanewseason

I am happy you choose our hotel also. Thank you so much for recognizing our outstanding staff, it is always great to hear they are being so helpful. I will make sure to let Brittany and Steve know what you said. I do hope you will always choose to stay at our hotel when you are in the area.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

I had enjoyed my stay, its in a great commercial area, I can enjoy shopping. The staff (Maria and Sharmaine), both persons are hospitable. Hotel venue is excellent. Overall, the laundry needs improvement, the exercising room needs to be more accessible, the up kept of the lobby furniture needs to be changed, the carpet needs to change, the room has a odor. The breakfast need more variety of meat,(ham Vienna sausage etc). Front desk staff is very attentive and pleasant. You need one more washer and dryer on each floor. Bathroom needs to be upgraded. (wallpaper etc) and fixtures.

Room Tip: Use the suite overlooking the balcony
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing to stay with us when in the Tamarac area and thank you for taking the time out to let us know how we are doing. We are always looking to improve ourselves and we will work on your suggestions. Thank you again for your time and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

I recently had an opportunity to stay at the Comfort Suites Sawgrass. My stay was most relaxing as the accommodation was most comfortable. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The breakfast offered was a delight.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

It is always great to see someone take the time out to let us know what we are doing well. I really do appreciate you taking the time to do so and we will look forward to being of service to you again should you travel back to our area.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

I had a nice visit, but this property needs some attention to the rooms, doors are ugly and need refinishing. Tub area needs caulking, commode was loose at the floor and flush not very strong.
The breakfast was okay, but the egg quality used needs to be upgraded, as the quality and taste were lacking.

Room Tip: Check the room out before checking in, the room I had the door didn't lock, the maid failed to p...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ron B

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and thank you for choosing to stay with us. I appreciate your suggestions and will definitely work on the issues you mentioned. I can only hope you will allow us to be of service to you again if you travel back to our area.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times.And i will probably stay there again in the future.Howewer i would not recommend it to others.I can put up with some of the negatives,but it would be embarrassing for me to recommend.The exterior of the building needs some attention.The small hallway which leads to the pool area is unexceptable.I am talking about the baseboards.The curtains on the windows in the rooms needs to be washed,cleaned or replaced.Housekeeping ladies are polite,but i should not have to babysit them and beg them to clean the bathtub,change the sheets or vacuum.And i did help the housekeeper to clean the room.It was very dusty.So i did dusting myself and i emptyed the garbage.I read some of the reviews and some people called this hotel a ghetto hotel.Well,i would not exactly call it ghetto,but in a way i do have to agree with those people.Let's just say,it is not a high class hotel.I observed some people sitting on the floor in the hallways,playing loud music,jumping up and down and using profanity in public areas of the hotel.Front desk staff are polite,but would not take care of those problems.The hotel's manager is a very nice lady and i do feel bad that she has to be a manager of such an establishment.Wi Fi was not working good.Computer downstaires worked on and off.I really appreciate hot tub being hot during this stay(it was cold in the past).But it had some sand in it and needed to be cleaned.I still used it,since for me personally the benefits of the hot tub are greater.Breakfast was good,breakfast area was very clean.But one of the breakfast hosts(the lady with long black braided hair) did not keep things replenished.I heard someone complained about,which actually helped to get things moving.There are some great things about this Comfort Suites.Room are spacious and overall clean.Comfortable bed,nice duvet,air conditioner worked good,room has nice layout,there is a flat screen LG TV with decent channel selection.I read some of the reviews where people talking about musty smell.It is true to some extend.Just a hint of it.But it is exaptable.Bathroom is nice overall.Just needs a deeper cleaning and few manor fixings,like by the shower rod and wall by the bathtub.As i said,i stayed at this hotel quiet few times and i am use to things.I just hope,that they are going to do everything they can in order to be able to carry Comfort Suites name.Because if they are going to convert into Quality Inn or Econo Lodge,or Roadway,i won't be able to stay there.I only stay at Comfort Suites,Comfort Inn,Ascend Collection,Bluegreen Resort when it comes to Choice Hotels.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 135catherineg

I must first thank you for taking the time out to write a review of our property. I am happy to hear that you have stayed at our hotel and also plan on staying with us in the future. We corrected the issue with the hallway carpet and are currently working our our guest bathrooms. I am happy to see you enjoy our very spacious and clean rooms and we look forward to always being of service to you while you are in the area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tamarac
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale/West-Sawgrass/Tamarac
Sawgrass Grand Hotel and Suites Sports Complex
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills
La Quinta Inn & Suites Sunrise Sawgrass Mills
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#78 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale-Commercial Blvd.

Been to Comfort Suites Sawgrass? Share your experiences!