“Just average”

Ranked #4 of 80 Restaurants in Tamarac
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

This place is average at best. It reminds me of Bennigans. They do a lot of things okay but nothing great. I had the chicken sandwich with apple wood bacon and coleslaw. It was okay but there was more bun than chicken.

I sat at the bar and the service was below average. It took me almost 10 minutes to pay. That should never happen at the bar seating area! The diet coke was horrible. They need to brix their darn machine. I travel to Tamarac occasionally and I doubt I'll return.

The interior of the restaurant is a bit dark and does have that fresh appearance.

There are newer reviews for Cheddar's

Reviewed 7 May 2014

The food is always good here. It feels like home cooking without all the cleanup. We have eaten here many times and have always found the food to be of top notch quality. It does get a little busy so it's best to go early. The chicken strips are excellent and if you like monti-cristos this is the place. The sides aren't shabby either. Try the broccoli cheese casserole and the carrots are great. The honey croissants are very special. Prices will amaze you.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I went there for an early dinner and it was disgusting! I had been to one before in Kentucky, and it was good there. I ordered the same things, onion rings and the chicken tender salad. Oh, and water, which was gross. It tasted like it came from a dirty tap. The waitress said it was from the filter, so that just means that there is grime and probably mold in the dispenser. The restaurant was not busy at all. It took a while for our food, and when we got it was cold. We didn't understand because it was two things from the fryer, so it's not like that timing was off because of other items on the ticket. We sent it back, and get this, they just threw everything back in the fryer. Ok, I guess for the onion rings, but the chicken tenders that were already cut up and put on the salad. That's right cut up chicken they threw back in the fryer and put back on the same salad. It was so gross. We told the server, and even she was shocked, saying that their chicken tenders are one of their most popular things. She said the kitchen definitely shouldn't have done that. The manager, although cocky and a bit rude, said the same. He could see that they tried to get away with a sloppy shortcut. We had lost our appetite by then, and just wanted to leave. I've just kept saying there was no excuse for it. It's a beautiful establishment, it looked like quality ingredients and decent service, bit they totally failed on the preparations. Will never ever go back!

1  Thank trisha2marie3
Reviewed 17 April 2014

This is a great place to eat. Live down the street and frequent it often. The chicken strips are to die for. Also, the broccoli cheese casserole is wonderful. Wait can be a little long on the weekends, but it is very good.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Have dined here dozens of times. Everything on the menu is delicious - big portions. If there's a wait, check out the seating in the bar area - 1st come, 1st served.