“Great Food”

Price range: US$5 - US$50
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Korean
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Rice Restaurant & Lounge has changed our format and expanded our offerings. We are now. Rice Market & Restaurant. All the food from before. Now we feature a Specialty Korean and Asian Grocery. Come visit. Shop, Eat, Dine, Drink, Socialize.We still feature soju and other adult beverages for table service.
Richmond Hill, Georgia
“Great Food”
Reviewed 13 November 2012

I did a thorough search for a Korean Restaurant in Tampa and decided to try the Rice Restaurant & Lounge. I agree with jandc5744 on the location. I was turned off when I visited approximately 7:15pm. The mall strip was not very lit and when I exited the restaurant there was a police officer sitting outside in his squad car. The food was authentic Korean. It taste and smell just like it did when I was stationed in Korea. I had the Heamul Soontofu (seafood, soft tofu in a hot broth) and white sticky rice with all the side fixings. I took it to go and sorry that I did not eat in b/c I may have order something else. I will be returning before I leave the area.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Yardman71
RiceTampa, Owner at Rice Market & Restaurant, responded to this review, 30 December 2012
Thank you for your review and your service! We are happy that you liked our restaurant. We are grateful for your service to our country. Please stop in again and say hi. Check out our new market. We opened around the first of December. We have all of the great snacks that you probably got in the little convenience stores just outside base. And the yummy ice cream. Bring your family...bring your friends.

Pinellas Park, Florida, USA
“Korean Barbecue - Excellent and Hands On”
Reviewed 8 September 2012

We went back to the Rice Restaurant and Lounge and were surprised by a real treat - Korean barbecue. My first thought was like the Japanese hibachi grills, but I was complete wrong. The Korean grill actually sits in your table, and you're expected to know how to cook! However, we got there early and the two waiting on us cooked our food for us. It was delicious! Of course, you control how well done the food is since you can pull it off the grill when you want. Our servers were extremely friendly and helpful, and recommended in what order we should cook the meat. We had pork (two different preparations), beef, and chicken dishes. All were excellent and we took some home to enjoy on the following days. Prices are similar to Japanese steakhouses, and they had a special of buy 3 get 1 free.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank jandc5744
Pinellas Park, Florida, USA
“Good Korean in an Odd Place”
Reviewed 24 July 2012

We ate at the Rice Restaurant, which is one of those restaurants plugged into a shopping center where it's probably too large for it's clientele, and can't add any outside atmosphere to the experience when compared to a free-standing restaurant. When we entered it was almost deserted, and I thought we might have made the wrong choice, even with the groupon in hand.
However, we were pleasantly surprised, and business had picked up by the time we left (though still nowhere near crowded). The food was very good and very plentiful, and we ended up taking some home with us. The waitress was friendly and brought out the kimchee when we asked for it, which was earlier than normal (to her). My wife likes the kimchee pancake, and we thought it was better (and thicker) than at another nearby restaurant. We would recommend this place!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank jandc5744
Tampa, FL
“Just okay..”
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Stopped in last night to check out the restaurant after seeing the 10 News video on their website and numerous other awards posted. I will start off by mentioning that this was my first time ever trying Korean food so it was quite a surprise...

Restaurant is in a pretty shady strip mall and there were three people fixing cars in the parking lot. Not their fault though so I don't hold this against them.

Drinks came fast enough but a table who arrived with two children 5 minutes after us was receiving all their side dishes before we even got to order. By this time our drinks were empty as well. On the video on the website they mentioned that they love having people who are new to Korean food stop in and helping them to choose the right menu item. This is a bit misleading since our waitress really could seem to care less that we were there at first and when we mentioned this wa snew for us she didn't even give us suggestions to what we should try. Once we did order it was based off of me quickly googling on my phone best Korean dishes to try and then trying to match those dishes up to their menu items. If you dont read Korean this menu is quite confusing because multiple items have the same description, i.e. a descrpiton of "BarBq thinly sliced pork with hot sauce" on multiple items with different names. Also there are plenty of items with no english description. Also misleading on the website is being able to barbq at your table. We werent afforded that opportunity and instead were sat at a regular table.

Once we ordered we went with a california roll (something we knew would be safe - I know this isnt Japanese sushi cuisine but they had the sheet there) and then each ordered Bibimbop and Galba Gui. 5 minutes after we ordered the waitress let us know they didnt have the ingredients for a california roll - by far a very simple roll. When our side dishes came they looked pretty good and I liked 6 out of the 8 of them... I tried them all but just didnt like the fermented cabbage or "minnows" with peanuts (actually little sardines). Not very appetizing. Both our main dishes were okay, but not great. The Bibimbop was as expected. THe Galba Gui was literally just meet on a skillet with some teriaki glaze, by far not worth the $19 they charged for it.

We try to experiment with different types of food pretty often, but this left us with a feeling of emptiness. Nothing great, nothing totally horrible. Probably wont be returning to the restaurant as we had higher hopes than were met.

• Visited April 2012
Miami
“Great Korean Food!”
Reviewed 8 March 2012

This place is very good to go and hang out with your friend and experience a new taste of the asian food...the korean food! we loved it and the staff were very friendly as well.

Visited March 2012