“Parking Nightmare”

Busch Gardens
Ranked #1 of 140 things to do in Tampa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay is the ultimate family adventure, combining world-class thrill rides, live entertainment and more than 12,000 animals. Challenge a 335-foot drop tower, Falcon's Fury, or race like a cheetah on Cheetah Hunt. Busch Gardens' newest attraction, Cobra's Curse puts a spin on family thrills with this one-of-a-kind spin coaster.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 25 June 2018

We went to Busch Gardens this past weekend since my husband and I are both veterans and took advantage of the free tickets they were offering. We knew it would be busy since it is summer but were taken a back by the traffic entering the park. The traffic was so backed up that they stopped charging for parking and just let everyone fly through the gates. The main reason for the traffic was the staff parking the cars, they had no idea what they were doing. Many spots were left open and we were given very little direction on where to park. I have visited all the major theme parks in central Florida and have never seen such mess such as the parking situation at Busch Gardens. Other than the parking mess the park itself was nice, it was a super hot day summer so I would suggest going when its not so crowded and warm outside.

4  Thank V2902CLjessican
BuschGardensTPA, Guest Relations Manager at Busch Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts concerning your recent visit to Busch Gardens. The experiences and comments of our guests are always welcome and greatly appreciated. We have shared your comments with the leadership team for their review and appropriate action.

Write a ReviewReviews (15,715)
All reviews
in 295 reviews
"big rides"
in 155 reviews

Reviewed 25 June 2018

The park is beautiful but could use some new rides and scenery. I have been a pass holder quite a few years and would love to see some new rides and restaurants. Its nice to see the complimentary house is back I enjoyed it before the place was sold. Still a great park to visit.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Busch Gardens has a roller coaster for everyone. But the Falcons Fury is for real. If your a thrill seeker this is a must do. The best food is the BBQ at the Zambia Smokehouse.One plate will fill two people. When it's hot the Congo River Rapids is a good way to get wet and cool off. I highly recommend spending a little extra for the Quick Cue to beat the lines and get more rides in during your visit. Pay attention to the weather, when there's any lighting the rides are shut down till it passes. But that's the best time to go eat OR hit the Garden Gate Cafe for your complimentary beers.If your phone is not waterproof bring a zip lock baggie to protect it.

1  Thank Arthur H
Reviewed 25 June 2018

We visited Bush Gardens this month and we loved it. I was like an oversized child hand feeding kangaroos. We paid $10.00 for a rather small container of feed for them but my family of four all got to feed them with just one little bowl of feed. I don’t know of any other place where you can feed and pet kangaroos so well worth the $10.00 in my opinion. There is a fence so that they are no threat plus they enjoyed being feed and they were all rather docile. We also paid $6.000 each for two small containers of nectar to feed dozens of very colorful birds. Some of the birds are rather large and if you have nectar they ARE going to land on you so if you ha e any fear of birds at all this is not for you. We had trouble getting our boys to leave the birds. There are lots of other animals at Bush gardens as well as tons of rides obviously. We visited several other parks (in Orlando) on this trip and Sea world/ Bush gardens in my opinion have the best food by far. The dining plan is very reasonable for what you get. The park is clean and the employees are very nice as well. I believe that we were there on a Thursday and it wasn’t nearly as busy as the other parks. If you are planning to visit Orlando this park is about a 90 minute drive from there and if you buy the three day multi park tickets for Sea world you can use it to go to Bush gardens as well. This was a great park I highly recommend stopping in with your family.

1  Thank samsmom106