“Great steak”

Council Oak Steaks & Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Council Oak Steaks & Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #78 of 2,490 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Council Oak Steaks & Seafood is celebrating seven years of being one of Tampa Bay's BEST Steakhouses. This crown jewel serves only the finest cuts of dry aged prime beef and the freshest seafood from local waters. The award-winning restaurant recently won the 2014 Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, as well as the 2014 Wine Spectator Award of Excellence. Be sure to visit us to see why the restaurant was recently added to one of the most prestigious restaurant review guides, Zagat.
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

You make reservations that's the easiest way to have dinner there but they also have a little bar right next to the restaurant that if you get in there around 6 o'clock you can just walk in and seat yourself ,they have six booths an about four tables little bit of live entertainment. The service is excellent and the food is even better don't be afraid to ask for an extra plate so you can share ,they are happy to oblige and the cowboy steak is just about the finest steak in and Tampa I always look forward to going back. You will not be disappointed.

2  Thank Johnfnwayne
SHRTampa, Manager at Council Oak Steaks & Seafood, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Johnfnwayne,

Thank you for your recent feedback on Trip Advisor for Council Oak. We appreciate your kind words about not only our Cowboy Ribeye but our bar and lounge as well. We look forward to having you visit again!

April Malandra

Reviewed 13 May 2014

It may sound nit-picky but we had reserved a table for two and when we arrived at the table there were still 4 place settings even though we were told "we are getting your table ready" as we waited 10 minutes to be seated. This should not happen at a fine dinning establishment. I expect it at other places. Not expected at a fine dinning establishment. The napkins are folded so you have a choice between a dark and a light napkin depending on what type of Pants you are wearing. One of our napkins was never removed from the table the entire dinner.

Portions were typical (large) of an Ala-cart steak house. Capital Grill has nothing to worry about when in competition for the best Lobster Mac and Cheese. Capital Grill Beats Council Oaks hands down.

We ordered two different dishes with Mushrooms in them. Both dishes we had were among the best we have ever enjoyed (SEARED DIVER SCALLOPS, with Maine Lobster-Cauliflower Puree,Grilled Wild Mushrooms, Red Wine Syrup and the SAUTEED MUSHROOM CAPS). I could have enjoyed them alone for dinner.

We ordered the 26oz Long Bone Cowboy Rib-eye, Medium Rare. It came out Medium well. The flavor was great. But I can only imagine how much better it would have been had it arrived cooked as requested.

The Grand Marnier Soufflé was simply fantastic. We were celebrating our 17 year Anniversary so they brought out a dessert with "Happy Birthday " on it.... and our reservation along with the conversation with the waitstaff made it clear that they understood we were celebrating our Anniversary not our Birthday.

I think that It would be a toss up if we came back again due to the simple mistakes. A Fine Steakhouse should not have had the Issues we saw.

Dear Young2by2,

Thank you for your recent visit to Council Oak. I would to apologize that you weren't completely satisfied with your dining experience, especially your Ribeye being over cooked. We do appreciate you providing your honest opinions and value your feedback as they will only help us to improve. We hope that you will give us another opportunity.

April Malandra

Reviewed 2 May 2014

My husband likes the cowboy steak and I get the filet. I like that they use white anchovies on their Caesar salad. They dressing doesn't come from a bottle either. I haven't had one bad meal there. No matter what location in FL you go to.

SHRTampa, Social Media Specialist at Council Oak Steaks & Seafood, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Great to hear that you enjoyed your experience! Come again and eat another delicious steak with us soon :)

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I think Council Oak has the best food in Tampa. Even better than Bern's. I had a filet trio which was small filets with 3 different sauces- all delicious. I think we ordered every side on the menu at my table, all amazing. The desserts were amazing, and fantastic martinis. A little pricey, but totally worth it.

We agree with you on that! Great to hear that you love our food. We will be sure to pass this along to our excellent staff.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

We ate here while we were In town for a business trip one night. We had 6 of us, the only draw back was we were put in a large booth which I hate. Should have had a table but we worked through it. We had the raw bar sampler for 4 which was amazing!!! We had plenty of seafood to split. I ordered the 12 oz. strip, it looked good so I went with it and it was!!! Several others ordered the filets, we also had some lobster tails too. Our business meal was great, our clients loved it and being in the casino made it better!!! We will return next time we are in Tampa .

Thank you for your review! Great to hear that you had a great business trip with us and glad you enjoyed the restaurant and the food! We look forward to seeing yourself and your clients soon :)

Been to Council Oak Steaks & Seafood? Share your experiences!