TownePlace Suites Tampa Westshore/Airport
Hotels.com
US$211
US$180
  • Pool
All reviewsfull kitchenfront deskyogurtbedroom suitesmall kitchensmall hotelworld of beerother hotelsmarriott brandlonger staywest shorelate flightinternational plazanext morningdale mabrypre cruise stayshuttle service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 March 2012

We appreciated the 2-bedroom suite for our party of 7. There was noise from the floor above, but I think other customers were complaining and management took care of it. Breakfast, though, was a disappointment. I don't think it would take very much to improve it easily. Perhaps we were just there on a busy family weekend morning.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Just finished up 2 nights here while on business. It was 1 mile from my customer's office, so convenience was very good. (Although there are a ton of other Marriott properties within that same mile.) My room was clean and the front desk help were extremely friendly and helpful.

But for my corporate rate of $159, I expected more. In fact, I'm not sure I would necessarily book a Towneplace Suites room again. The breakfast was okay (yogurt, cereal, apples, bananas, packaged muffins.) The internet worked well, no issues there. But there was just something "cheap" about the property.

On the plus side, there are 2 malls within 2 miles of the hotels, loaded with shops and restaurants. The pro football and baseball stadiums are close by as well.

There was a small, but clean pool area in back of the hotel. And a tiny exercise room.

I guess the bottom line is I expect a bit more service at $159 a night. But then again, this is FL in February, everything is expensive "in season."

Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 February 2012

We reserved a one-night stay at this hotel prior to leaving for an early morning flight. We spent the day in Orlando at Sea World and drove back to Tampa around 8 p.m. Our kids, ages two and four, fell asleep in the car and we wanted to move them from the car to our hotel room as quickly as possible. I called the hotel when we were about an hour away to request a pack in play be set up in our room prior to our arrival. When I called, Holly at the front desk mentioned the pack n plays were all being used. I thought that would be the end of it, but she said she would find one for us by calling around to other properties. Sure enough, when we arrived an hour later she quickly checked me in, pointed out the closest parking area to our hotel room (which she very nicely upgraded for us), and the pack n play was ready to go. Our room was very clean and in great condition, the beds comfortable, and the breakfast simple but with healthy offerings and just what we needed. The man at the front desk the next morning was also extremely helpful and cheerful. I will definitely stay in this hotel on our next visit to this area, I appreciate wonderful customer service and there was an abundance of it at this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 February 2012

I stayed here because everything outside of the airport area was booked solid due to conventions and such. I picked it as it looked clean and fairly new based on the ratings and reviews. It was easy to get to and had quick highway access which I needed as I was traveling around the Tampa market on business.

I was worried that I would be hearing jets all night long but was surprised to find that they insulated from outdoor noise very well. It's the interior insulation that they completely left out of the equation. I could hear the man above me snoring, the guy to the left of me peeing and the girl to the right of me puking. Made for pleasing sound effects during my 3 day stay -NOT!

The room had cheap finishes, a very loud air conditioner and the worst toiletries ever. And shame on you Marriott for not even supplying even a 1 oz. bottle of lotion.

The parking is also terrible with a tiny back lot. Many times I would have to park way in the front of the hotel in a lot that was shared by car rental businesses and not lit very well at night. Not a safe feeling for a female traveler in a foreign city.

I won't be staying here again, and will think twice before I stay at a TownSuite by Marriott property again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the stairwells and elevator. They only add to the noisiness of those given areas. Try the back south end - I would bet that it is much quieter. Also ask for a room that is not by any travelers with pets!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank brashsassy
Reviewed 23 December 2011

Polite staff,minimal breakfast,but free,decent size rooms(2 queens in each bedroom). If travelling with a family you will not find a better deal.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family