“It was OK and great for price”

TownePlace Suites Tampa Westshore/Airport
Ranked #70 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Came in town for girlfriend birthday and the overall hotel was nice room was a little small after looking at pictures I was expecting a stove but I see that didn't happen but my biggest issue was that I called a few days before we came to town to double check to make sure there wasn't a deposit hold which at time of call the lady told me it wasn't so I was cool with that but when we got there to check in I got another story and I had only transferred the money for just the room so I ended up having to pay a$100 cash deposit which pissed me off because I had to cancel reservations for my girlfriend bday dinner but we made the best of it........ Next time please give proper info

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Picked this hotel for the price and close to airport. A lot like other Towneplace suites, you get a small kitchen and average size room. Breakfast was just a bunch of prepackage snacks and muffins but they were good. Staff seemed friendly and attentive. Would have give this a higher review but the room on the 4th floor were extremely noisey. If you get anywhere near room 400, ask for another room or change hotels. The A/C equipment is above this room and will keep you up all night. When I complained about it at 10:30, they offered to switch my room but at that point I was too tired to move, I should have moved. When I checked out they knew about this problem and I have no idea why they would ever give a guest this room unless they were completely booked. Besides that issue, I do have give them credit for having nice staff and a great location. Even though it was close to airport the airport noise was very minimal.

Room Tip: Avoid room 400 at all costs, you will not be able to sleep.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank jdolan
TPSAvion, Manager at TownePlace Suites Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Hello Jdolan,

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the TownePlace Suites Tampa Westshore. I also wanted to apologize about the A/C noise from your last stay. We have contacted our A/C unit company to correct the issue. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to contact me directly at the phone number listed below. Once again, please accept my apology. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.

Juan Ramos
TownePlace Suites
5302 Avion Park Dr
Tampa FL 33607

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I needed a room at the last minute and TownePlace suites came though. The front desk staff was very attentive, check in was extremely fast, when I checked out they asked me lots of questions to make sure my stay was great. They even went as far as to checking up on me 1 hour after I checked in asking if my dog, who was traveling with me, was adjusting to the room and new surroundings. Combine that service with an amazing price and there is no hotel with a better value in the Tampa Westshore area. Thanks TownePlace suites!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This is my second stay at TownePlace, as it is apparently the only hotel in Tampa still offering the correct government rate. Honestly, I didn't expect much from an "airport" hotel, and was pleasantly surprised by the room amenities. The breakfast is small and cold, though there is a Starbucks in the hotel next door. My only complaint is the noise. You can hear EV.ERY.THING. This time I was also down the hall from the front desk and could hear every word from the front desk. Every time someone called the hotel. Every time someone checked in. You get the idea. They could not reaccomodate me in another room but compensated me with Marriott points instead, which I thought was fair. Definitely recommend for a short stay, but be sure to request a top floor.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor, away from elevator
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank cancemini4

Hello Cancemini4,

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the TownePlace Suites Tampa Westshore. I also wanted to apologize for the inconvenience from your last stay. We are very sorry about the brakfast optios but we wil be getting renovated in mid 2015 and we will be upgrading our breakfast options. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to contact me directly at the phone number listed below. Once again, please accept my apology. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.

Juan Ramos
TownePlace Suites
5302 Avion Park Dr
Tampa FL 33607

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed at this Marriott property for 2 weeks and I cannot say enough about how welcome the staff made my family and I feel. We had the 2 bedroom suite which was great for our little kids to have a little room to play so we didn't go crazy.

Special thanks to David at the front desk for the local tips on beaches and great pizza!!!

We had a minor glitch with our room however, the manager swiftly corrected it and made our stay enjoyable.

Great location if you are newly reporting to MacDill. Lots of shopping and eating very close. Great pool with a great gas BBQ for all to use.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 May 2014

1)Was surprised when i checked in the room to see that they had a ripped office chair, See picture, I brought it to front desks attention and they replaced it within 30 mins in the room.

It is a sign of terrible housekeeping service so makes me wonder what did they overlook at this hotel. At least the front desk agent was quick about it he didn't give me any issues when he saw the picture.

2) the room temperature was set at 65 degrees and It was cold in the room I had to reset it to 72 WHY did they have to set it at 65

I have stayed here several times in the past because Its a very small but perfect for one night stay. no frills

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
TPSAvion, Manager at TownePlace Suites Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Dear JZ,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey and sharing your experience with the TownePlace Suites Tampa Westshore/Airport.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. I would also like to let you know that our property will go through renovations in late July 2014 and we will be getting new carpet, new furnitures and a bigger breakfast sitting area.The renovation should take 3-4 months to complete.

Once again thank you for sharing your experience with us and we hope to see you again in the future if you are ever back in town.

JUAN RAMOS
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Tampa Westshore
tps.tpatw.agm@marriott.com

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Our plane was delayed resulting us getting to the hotel at 2.30 a.m. The receptionist was extremely pleasant and welcoming even at that time. The reception area looked like something from the 70s (lots of orange and plastic) and I was quite concerned. However when we reached the room this was much better and very clean - much to my relief. The staff (all of them) couldn't have been more friendly and helpful - a special thank you to Erica and Nancy who were over and above my expectations. The free shuttle bus service was great. The drivers were also very friendly picking us up at the airport and taking us to the International Mall.
We found the heated swimming pool warmer than a hot tub and overheard fellow guests advising the receptionist so didn't mention it ourselves.
All in all a good stay - thank you.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
TPSAvion, Manager at TownePlace Suites Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear Maggie,