“Excellent service, great facility” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of SpringHill Suites Tampa Brandon

SpringHill Suites Tampa Brandon
Ranked #73 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Excellent service, great facility”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2011

We stayed here with my daughter's soccer team and their families in February 2011 and then again this past weekend. Both stays were great. The team had two early games and had to have breakfast at 6 am, but the hotel doesn't serve theirs until 7 am. We asked if they could have some juice available and the toaster turned on so we could bring in our own food. We were shocked when we came down that the entire breakfast was served and ready!!! Coffee brewed, waffle batter mixed, eggs and sausages prepared. Kudos!

The rooms are very well kept and housekeeping (although late in the day) does a good job. Blankets, extra towels and toiletries are readily available at the front desk.

Our team brought in food and we used their eating facility which is spacious. They were quick to offer assistance getting us plates and utensils.

The refrigerator in the room is the small kind, no freezer. Small microwave. One TV between beds and living room area. AC worked great!

We have been here twice this year and if we come back to the area we will definitely want to come back.

Laundry room facility onsite, no business center (but they have a laptop in the common area you can use), conference room was medium sized.

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank Travel4Soccer11

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Aiken, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2011

Me and my family enjoyed this hotel. The breakfast was great, the room was excellent, we had no complaints at all. Everything was clean and my family really enjoyed Tampa, FL. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank MsT2011
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2011

This hotel is very well located close to the interestate which provided me good access to the places I need to go to. The room was very clean and spacious and although is the older type o SpringHill Suites it has been very well kept. That staff was very friendly and accomodating and we were given a late c/o which really helped me since I was traveling on Business with my girlfriend and she need to wait in the room, while I attended a meeting. Overall I feel the hotel is very good and it met my expectations. I will probably return if I come back to the Tampa/Brandon area

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Farmington Hills
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2010

I can't say enough about how wonderful the people are at this hotel from the checkin desk to the maids to the manager - nothing you asked was too much trouble for them. Everything is spotless and the breakfast area and selections are great. I did not find the beds hard as some have said - they were very comfortable. BUT - whatever moron designer did the handicap rooms I hope someday he ends up in a wheelchair or mobility scooter and has to try and get around the handicapped room.
First off the bathroom is not rollin and there way no way I can climb over a foot high bathtub. Second the bathroom only has the toilet and bathtub with the sink in a separate cubbyhole at the back of the room, To make matters worse there is not enough room between the beds and wall for a wheelchair or scooter to get to the bathroom unless you can walk. Then when you come out the door opens over the entrance to the sink area and space is VERY tight to try and come out turn around close the door and then get into the way too small sink area.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2010

With several hotel choices in the area, do not stay at this one. The hotel appears nice - well kept lobby etc. However, the beds are like sleeping on a brick. We even tried putting the small mattress from the sofa bed on top of the king mattress hoping it would help - it didn't. Twice during our 4 day stay our room was not cleaned. The second time it happened we complained to the front desk - she said "Sorry housekeeping is gone for the day". When we told her we were going to put all our trash and dirty towels out in the hallway to be picked up she said "ok". And so our trash and towels laid in the hall until 11 a.m. the following day. We also had to have our keys re-coded as they didn't work after the first day. No apology for that either. It's obvious the staff would rather be anywhere but working at this hotel. Pick another property - there are plenty of other options.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank jml0216
SeguinGM, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Tampa Brandon, responded to this review, 14 September 2010
Thank you for your comments –I apologize once again for your impression of our hotel – I wish you had brought them to light when we spoke and you acknowledged that you had refused housekeeping service because you were in the shower, and I agreed to a refund of your Marriott reward points as evidence of our sincerity in ensuring that every guest have an enjoyable stay.

Once again I apologize for having thought we had reached an understanding – We hope your next stay at a Springhill Suites is a memorable one.
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2010

My fiance and I stayed in this hotel while we were in town for a Jimmy Buffett concert. The location is is good if you want to be near the Ford Amphitheatre but is a good way away from the beaches. The hotel is relatively new looking and the rooms are nice and clean. Our biggest complaint was the bed. The bed was very hard and uncomfortable and neither of us slept much at all. We brought this to the attention of the front desk and they did not seem to care or be interested in making us happy. We requested possibly trying another room to see if there was a more comfortable bed and basically were treated as if they didn't care if we were unhappy or left and went somewhere else. We ended up checking out and moving to a much better hotel in the area and was much more accommodating and actually a little less expensive. I recommend shopping around because there are many nicer and less expensive hotels in the area than this one.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2010

This hotel is reasonably priced for the overall value. The suites are pretty roomy with lots of sitting space as well as a plenty of room in the sleeping area. This visit was more disappointing than my previous stay due one day of poor housekeeping, but all other days the room was cleaned on scheduled. All in all, we were pleased with our stay and will consider Springhill Suites next time we're in Tampa.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Drew_Dawson, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Tampa Brandon, responded to this review, 8 January 2010
Thank you for the kind words. I am happy to hear you had an enjoyable Christmas holiday this year, and now look forward to your next visit to Tampa.

I am sorry the hotel did not meet your needs on the day mentioned, but we will be sure to coordinate with you on your next trip to ensure everything goes perfectly.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tampa
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa/Brandon
Homewood Suites Tampa Brandon
Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon
Courtyard Tampa Brandon
Courtyard Tampa Brandon
#76 of 162 in Tampa
Comfort Suites Tampa / Brandon
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon Regency Park

Been to SpringHill Suites Tampa Brandon? Share your experiences!