SpringHill Suites Tampa Brandon
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsfront desksitting areaclean propertythe breakfast areaoatmealrooms are spaciousthe entire hoteltoilet paperthe room was nicewould stay here againhot breakfastcoffee makerbedswhirlpoolcouchmicrowavemall
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 November 2011

After reading many reviews I can say some of positives and negatives in this hotel reviews are accurate,
Positives-Very clean hotel. Hardworking cleaning staff. Helpful staff.Freindly staff
Negatives-Worst Hotel Beds and Pillow my family have ever slept on. Its like sleeping on a cement slab with pillows for sandbags. If you do not need to sleep then this is the place to stay.
Defective Door Locks- Had to get new keys replace 9 times. External doors worked ok, room doors did not.
Limited Parking- The allow cruise passengers to park for the week. This makes a small parking lot even smaller.
Breakfast not great. Same old breakfast choices day after day. Some days warm food was cold.
Evening social hour- get there within the first 15 minutes or good will be gone.
IBAHN Computer-You have 15 minutes to use the computer. It will then disconnect you.
Fix the beds,pillows,locks,parking, and breakfast and this hotel will be great.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be good,
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank mrlasvegasio
Reviewed 5 October 2011

Virginia,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me last night. I enjoyed our conversation. I've enjoyed my stays at The Springhill Suites and you have been a bright spot in a long day during your Manager Receptions. I will make a point to let my peers know where to stay when in Tampa. Your staff does a wonderful job of making us feel welcome.

Thanks,

Patrick B. Starr

S. P. Richards Company

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank pstarr67
Reviewed 4 October 2011

Hmmm... I read some of the review's of this property and I am confused. This property is in a great location. Very safe. In an office type area. The parking lot was extremely well lit and shared a large lot with the Country Inn and Suites next door. We never had a problem parking and we were there on a Friday/Saturday night.

The hotel is very clean. When you walk in the door you can just smell that it is clean. It was decorated nicely and the front desk agent was extremely funny and very nice. Our room was great. The room was clean and comfortable. Being a Springhill I did not expect this room to be overly elegant or full of upgrades; but, it was actually very nice.

In terms of the beds - I challenge anyone to sleep over at the Hilton Garden Inn located 2 miles down the road and tell me that the Springhill beds are uncomfortable. My bed was actually extremely comfortable. It was not hard or too soft. There may have been a mattress topper on the bed.

I did not eat at breakfast - so I can not comment on that. Overall I would definately suggest this hotel if you are in the Brandon area. It is one of the newer properties in that area and in my opinion your best bet.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the end. Then you only have one room next to you.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lilimadsn
Reviewed 1 September 2011

A very nice hotel and great staff! But the beds are the most uncomfortable beds I have ever slept on!!! My husband and children were complaining about the beds also.

Room Tip: Concrete beds!!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank BMW330BLACK
Reviewed 27 July 2011

We have always stayed at Marriott Hotels because of the level of service we expect. However we will never stay here again. The TV was on the fritz for 2 days, the hotel is non smoking but people were smoking at the pool around the kids and families. When we talked to the General Manager she did not do anything about it. We complained to Marriott Customer Care who was great, but then received a "blow off" email from said general manager. If you are looking for a Great Marriott experience I can recommend the Townplace Suites in Clearwater with an AA+. But would never even let my nemesis stay here.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business